0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.25%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 15:44   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Remember reading in ET that both the RIL and Dow crash were due to manual error by traders.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:13   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Remember reading in ET that both the RIL and Dow crash were due to manual error by traders.
RIL crash was due to a broker error who wanted to trigger a sale of 62k ICICI shares @840 but ended up using the stock code meant for RIL.
The sensex fell by 600 points in 2 mins.Only BSE was affected.
NSE sailed smoothly.The rumour was that trader was india infoline.Not sure though.
Old 4th June 2010, 22:25   #1458
BHPian

Hi Alter_Ego,
Thanks for your suggestions/feedback. I want to know what do you mean by ugly back end services by sharekhan?
Is it lateness in funds transfer from bank to sharekhan and viceversa or something else?

Please let me know. Others, please suggest me which one has good user interface and low brokerage.
Old 4th June 2010, 22:39   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Hi Alter_Ego,
Thanks for your suggestions/feedback. I want to know what do you mean by ugly back end services by sharekhan?
Is it lateness in funds transfer from bank to sharekhan and viceversa or something else?

Please let me know. Others, please suggest me which one has good user interface and low brokerage.
I had started off with sharekhan and they have a T+1 day fundamental of remitting your profits.On some days I noticed that my profit was not yet remmited to my trading account and I had to call up the customer care and I would always get the same reply."Sir customer legder has not been updated.We will do it now."
I mean I have had missed some real big deals in F&O because of this as my limit fell short since the profits could not be traded as they were not yet remitted.
If this was US I would have sued them in a million dollar lawsuit
Old 8th June 2010, 07:44   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
RIL crash was due to a broker error who wanted to trigger a sale of 62k ICICI shares @840 but ended up using the stock code meant for RIL.
The sensex fell by 600 points in 2 mins.Only BSE was affected.
NSE sailed smoothly.The rumour was that trader was india infoline.Not sure though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
There sure seems to be lot of explanations doing the rounds. But does it surprise you that just about a month from the flash crash, the Dow has actually closed below the flash crash low.

Cheers,
Old 9th June 2010, 13:02   #1461
BANNED

Is there any site/software (either free or paid) which offers a good stock screener. Most of the stock screeners at the common sites (moneycontrol, icicidirect etc) aren't really good - they allow screening only a few parameters.

I want something which allows extensive AND'ing of conditions. For eg. Give me all stock whose market cap is greater than 1000 Cr, with P/E less than 10, with Price not greater than 1.5 times Book Value.

Is there anything like this anyone knows of & the main thing is that their data should be current & accurate.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:25   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Is there any site/software (either free or paid) which offers a good stock screener. Most of the stock screeners at the common sites (moneycontrol, icicidirect etc) aren't really good - they allow screening only a few parameters.

I want something which allows extensive AND'ing of conditions. For eg. Give me all stock whose market cap is greater than 1000 Cr, with P/E less than 10, with Price not greater than 1.5 times Book Value.

Is there anything like this anyone knows of & the main thing is that their data should be current & accurate.
Have a look at www.icharts.in

Looks wise it appears to be good.

Mods: Delete this post if its against the rules. I have no interest in promoting the said website
Old 9th June 2010, 13:39   #1463
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Have a look at www.icharts.in

Looks wise it appears to be good.

Mods: Delete this post if its against the rules. I have no interest in promoting the said website
Their screener seem to screen on technical parameters, rather than fundamentals. I see no way to add P/E or Price/Book Value or any such criteria in their Advanced search.

I am looking for a screener which allows me to screen based on fundaments - P/E, Price/Book Value, Current Ratio, Debt/Equity Ratio etc. I am not a believer in technical analysis.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:05   #1464
vsh
BHPian

@carboy,
here is a link. India Stock Screener || Advanced Stock Research
i havenot tried it. pls have a look,
Old 10th June 2010, 13:23   #1465
BHPian

Hi guys,
Is their any website which gives or instant updates on the 126 future derivatives of Nifty ?
Old 13th June 2010, 15:21   #1466
BHPian

Which shares to buy for long term - 10 Years +

Hi,

I would like to buy shares of around 10K/month and bocome rich in around 10-15 years time frame. Can anybody provide me the companies to invest in, which some details of why?

Thanks
Ramki
Old 14th June 2010, 10:59   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi,

bocome rich in around 10-15 years time frame.
This just had me in splits.

Change your motive to be in the stock market and your above wish would be granted much sooner than your expected time frame.
Old 15th June 2010, 21:58   #1468
BHPian

Hi All,
I found icicidirect closing quotes NOT MATCHING with either nse or bse!! I mean just login sometime at night to icicidirect and compare the prices.They do not match with nse or bse. Wonder if its an error or something else.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:52   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Hi All,
I found icicidirect closing quotes NOT MATCHING with either nse or bse!! I mean just login sometime at night to icicidirect and compare the prices.They do not match with nse or bse. Wonder if its an error or something else.
The closing quotes are caluclated as an average of the last 15 minutes of trading.You sure you are looking at those average prices from BSE/NSE or are you looking at the final trade that was being shown on google finance?
Old 16th June 2010, 00:47   #1470
BHPian

Did'nt try to be too greedy so sold Larsen today

Also sold IVRCL, IFCI & Syndicate bank

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks