0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.25%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 03:07   #1396
BHPian

I use to do lot of trading till last year but not much profit.

Again I am in mood of investing and playing a bit.

So lets keep this thread Lively and post some nice Stock Thoughts.

I'll be Buying "bajajhind" for next few months in parts for at-least 2-3 year perspective.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:18   #1397
mkh
Senior - BHPian

This has certainly been the MOST lacklustre stock market i have seen from the time i started looking at the markets(5 years). Very less movement, and chances to make money have to be hunted down as no sell off or panic fall seen at all!
However as someone mentioned, unitech did give an opp but only if you are tracking that will you make something. The stocks that i am tracking, are jsut hanging there!
I am now tracking HDIL, which has fallen a bit, looking at adding some below 260 and adding at every 10 rs fall with a target of 300+ in 3 months.
amny experts are talking of a fall, but there is a LOT of money waiting that missed this huge rally that will cushion the fall if at all that comes.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:28   #1398
BHPian

I guess there is not much meaning in waiting forever for a huge fall. It rather makes sense to invest 10% of your account for every out of range move in the nifty.
If you keep an eye on CNBC or Bloomberg, they keep stating the nifty range hundred times a day. Keep building your portfolio this way and you'll be nicely averaged in a broader range.

Given that our markets didn't crash yet (even after yesterday's Europe trauma), value seeking at lower levels may remain obscure for a long time to come.
And, then there's opportunity in every sector - say Ansal Housing against DLF, Unitech or HDIL.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:54   #1399
BANNED

Stocks I bought recently - Allahabad Bank, GNFC, Greenply, Hindalco.
I think these stocks are undervalued even in the current market.
Old 28th April 2010, 22:04   #1400
vsh
BHPian

it seems majority here are investors. any day traders here? can we exchange our trading ideas?
i am a day trader and am happy that volatility has returned to the market
Old 28th April 2010, 22:12   #1401
Senior - BHPian

All falls and crashes are welcome. I think its gonna drop a bit more. The volatility is going to continue through the uptrend. DOnt hold on to anything but life. Everything is up for grags and everything is up for sale.
Goodluck.. all ye gamblers!!
Old 28th April 2010, 23:10   #1402
BHPian

........and now the pain in Spain will rain everywhere.
Old 7th May 2010, 00:45   #1403
BHPian

Wall Street is getting hammered today and barring an element of surprise our markets also may follow suit.

Today I received a phone call and then an email from HSBC investdirect offering a 0.2% and 0.02% brokerage on delivery and intraday trades respectively. After reading about their service negatives in traderji.com, I have sent my regrets to them.

They auto square off at 1510hrs, whereas with Kotak Securities, I can square off even at 15.29 hrs. If I don't, it becomes a delivery trade. For the last two or three days I have been consistently squaring off after 1510 hrs, the Unitech purchases I made in the morning.Today I squared off the 3000 Unitechs I purchased in the morning around 1520 hrs netting a profit of Rs.4.5K. Usually there is always an increase after 1510 hrs when most square-offs take place, with the price falling again after 1525 hrs. Thus the window between 1510-1525hrs will be the best time to square off if one hadn't done it before. So I am averse to auto square off at 1510hrs.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:57   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
Wall Street is getting hammered today and barring an element of surprise our markets also may follow suit.
Exactly. What is interesting is that there was a momentary 10% drop in the Us indices during Thursday trading. Whether it was asustem-glitch or something larger is an interesting question.

Cheers
Jagan
Old 7th May 2010, 15:09   #1405
Team-BHP Support

Guys can you tell me what is square off and delivery etc., I simply buy shares on kotak, wait few months or years, and then sell them. Never done this squaring, rounding and multiplication. Guess mathematics is not my strong point.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:27   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Guys can you tell me what is square off and delivery etc., I simply buy shares on kotak, wait few months or years, and then sell them. Never done this squaring, rounding and multiplication. Guess mathematics is not my strong point.
square off is nothing but booking profits or losses.
When you go long(buy) or go short(sell) any stock you need to do the opposite action to ensure whatever your stocks direction was achieved and book profits.This action is called squaring off.
If you do day trading you do not get delivery of the shares as the stocks are bought and sold on the same day and therefore you might have noticed that the brokerage is less for day traders,like me
Old 7th May 2010, 15:41   #1407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't even bother with "square off" option then - just select "delivery" when you are buying shares.
Old 7th May 2010, 16:31   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beleive me. This is the best an investor can do. Don't go near square offs
Old 7th May 2010, 19:45   #1409
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting question from the THREAD STARTER!
your question has already been answered here.
as far as market is concerned it seems FIIs(foreign institutional investors) have pressed the SELL button and started selling heavily since few days. so market looks bearish for some time now.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:54   #1410
BHPian

Hi to all Team Bhp'ians

Good to know that stocks are also discussed in Team Bhp forum , i have one question regarding a stock, as am active in trading stocks, pls help me with yours advice

I have Dena Bank @ 55/- and am holding it since last 2 years, just wanted to know its future and target to what extent it can move up !!!

Thanx again

DRIVE SAFE & BE SAFE !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks