51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 13:12   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Moneycontrol will take care not only of stocks but various investment options as well.

Sharekhan.com is also good if you are interested only in stocks.
+1 to both of them
2 years back when i started taking interest in shares moneycontrol virtual portfolio was of great help.
Do try it.
Old 7th August 2009, 13:43   #1232
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan0677 View Post

Warren Buffett is definitely a good read. However, most part of his approaches are based majorly on consumerism. I think this factor is going to be a relatively lesser-impact factor going forward. Having said that, the man has quite a few interesting things to say.
which is good for a long term investor?!

Having said that, the choice of investments and risks will surely depend on the investor. Agree with you on the interesting things.
Old 7th August 2009, 19:23   #1233
BANNED

@bblost, (and anybody else who thinks the share market is a satta bazar), you better stay away.

No offence meant, if you want to do satta trading, look into options and futures (for stocks), and commodities trading.

Stock market - stick to a time frame of 9 months or above. I have been watching the market from mid 1990s, and took the plunge only couple of years back. (err.. I mean "got the funds to invest").
Old 7th August 2009, 19:28   #1234
Senior - BHPian

There are big speculations that the market may move downward even further as a correction by 1000 - 2000 points. Experts ?

Last edited by prince_pervez : 7th August 2009 at 19:29.
Old 7th August 2009, 19:48   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Any one know anything about Reliance Alternative Investments Fund. It invests in medium to large companies with a view of bring them to an IPO or a buy out. YOu need to lock in for around 3 years
Is it part of Reliance Capital - ADA Group?
Old 7th August 2009, 19:53   #1236
Senior - BHPian

My feeling is Nifty is headed to 4400. If 4400 didn't hold then to 4200 where one can see strong support like 3900 we saw last time. But remember rally found from 3900 in last few weeks I fake rally because there is no real strong reaosn for that rally.

In September expect monsoon failure to be announced then expect another 20% crash. So by September end one can expect Sensex target is 13000 and Nifty around 3500. this time I feel If 4200 didn't hold up then direct crash to 3500-3700 is possibility which is comfy jone for Indian market.

If By 2009 end Sensex around 17000 and Nifty around 5000 and By 2010 end If Nifty stays around 6000, Sensex around 20000 thats called steady and healthy move instead of just climbing in no time.

Nifty around 4400 and 4200 and 3500 are best buying opportunities. BUT big question is if people realize growth shown in last few months is fake one then one can find bottom this time say Nifty at 1800 and Sensex at 6500 but this is highly not possible. Possible only If present cash gets over released recently which main reason for recent rally and If Bear takes control.

At present I smell BULLS are too lazzy to buy anymore! So its good opportunity to book partial profits rather than buying at present levels.

OT:: Last month end I booked my mutual funds profits and now back from North India trip and planned 6 trips for next 10 months.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 7th August 2009 at 20:04.
Old 7th August 2009, 20:05   #1237
BANNED

That reliance's MF scheme posted by ajmat, it is usually called a "venture capital fund", no? What is the big deal?

I would not touch such a fund with a barge pole. That is because my purse is very shallow. But if I had very deep pockets, I would probably consider.
Old 8th August 2009, 09:30   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
My feeling is Nifty is headed to 4400. If 4400 didn't hold then to 4200 where one can see strong support like 3900 we saw last time. But remember rally found from 3900 in last few weeks I fake rally because there is no real strong reaosn for that rally.

In September expect monsoon failure to be announced then expect another 20% crash. So by September end one can expect Sensex target is 13000 and Nifty around 3500. this time I feel If 4200 didn't hold up then direct crash to 3500-3700 is possibility which is comfy jone for Indian market.

If By 2009 end Sensex around 17000 and Nifty around 5000 and By 2010 end If Nifty stays around 6000, Sensex around 20000 thats called steady and healthy move instead of just climbing in no time.

Nifty around 4400 and 4200 and 3500 are best buying opportunities. BUT big question is if people realize growth shown in last few months is fake one then one can find bottom this time say Nifty at 1800 and Sensex at 6500 but this is highly not possible. Possible only If present cash gets over released recently which main reason for recent rally and If Bear takes control.

At present I smell BULLS are too lazzy to buy anymore! So its good opportunity to book partial profits rather than buying at present levels.

OT:: Last month end I booked my mutual funds profits and now back from North India trip and planned 6 trips for next 10 months.

Regards,

Ravi.
You are discounting the recession ending signals from the globe, aren't you?

I guess there is a lot of "money on the sidelines" still waiting to enter markets. Dont know how much monsoon alone would drag the markets down.

I feel this is a sector wise bull market where some sectors will continue to rally given good global cues and irrespective of the local monsoon scene.
Old 8th August 2009, 18:25   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Regards,

Ravi.
I would more or less agree with your numbers!

I have been surprised the way the NIFTY has bounced back from 3900. Surprising, it has been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
You are discounting the recession ending signals from the globe, aren't you?

I guess there is a lot of "money on the sidelines" still waiting to enter markets. Dont know how much monsoon alone would drag the markets down.

I feel this is a sector wise bull market where some sectors will continue to rally given good global cues and irrespective of the local monsoon scene.
I don't see too much hope of very good global signals, going forward. I do agree there is lots and lots of money waiting on the sidelines. That could make a huge difference going forward, of course! On fundamentals, I dont see any basis for a rally for remaning of 2009. Or for that matter, even sustaining current levels.

Strictly, my opinion!
Old 8th August 2009, 20:32   #1240
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
There are big speculations that the market may move downward even further as a correction by 1000 - 2000 points. Experts ?
i am trading in stock markets since 8 years. so lesson i learnt is "DONT PREDICT THE MARKET". just be ready with your plan of action if it goes up or goes down.
@all- i am a vivid trader and ready to discuss and exchange ideas about trading with all.
Old 8th August 2009, 21:17   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
i am trading in stock markets since 8 years. so lesson i learnt is "DONT PREDICT THE MARKET". just be ready with your plan of action if it goes up or goes down.
You mean have both PUT and CALL running?

Anyways, good to know you vsh. 8 years is a long time in markets!
Old 8th August 2009, 21:31   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
I don't see too much hope of very good global signals, going forward.
Even as you say this, there is a rally in US markets over profits reported by AIG and other few encouraging news. On the contrary, I believe this alone is a sufficient factor to get investors going in rest of the world.
Quote:
On fundamentals, I dont see any basis for a rally for remaning of 2009. Or for that matter, even sustaining current levels.
Fundamentally yes. But as you said the journey from 3900 till 4700 was as much in isolation of the fundamentals as it was to 21000 sometime back.
Hence I dont see fundamentals to be the deciding factor in today's market to trade/make quick money. For long term investments, maybe I would like to see the fundamentals of the stock I am buying,
Quote:
Strictly, my opinion!
I guess every post on this thread implies this
Old 9th August 2009, 00:51   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Even as you say this, there is a rally in US markets over profits reported by AIG and other few encouraging news. On the contrary, I believe this alone is a sufficient factor to get investors going in rest of the world.
Just to put things in perspective, I believe the rally was triggered more by the news of just about a quarter million job losses in the US, and that too for the 19th consecutive month.

Quote:
Fundamentally yes. But as you said the journey from 3900 till 4700 was as much in isolation of the fundamentals as it was to 21000 sometime back.
Hence I dont see fundamentals to be the deciding factor in today's market to trade/make quick money. For long term investments, maybe I would like to see the fundamentals of the stock I am buying,
I know of quite a few good friends who are still trying to recover from that spirited run to 21000. 2 years on. But got your point, yes!!!
Old 9th August 2009, 08:45   #1244
Senior - BHPian

So do we see the dollar value dropping during this time ? Indian markets are going downwards, already 900 points down since 16000 last week.
So is there a strong connection between our market points and the dollar rate ?
As far I see it there is very little connection. Experts?
Old 9th August 2009, 10:12   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
So do we see the dollar value dropping during this time ? Indian markets are going downwards, already 900 points down since 16000 last week.
So is there a strong connection between our market points and the dollar rate ?
As far I see it there is very little connection. Experts?
I do not maintain a record or statistics. I have however noticed that the index and price of the Dollar are inversely related, if one goes up the other goes down. Today if the Dollar touched Rs.50.00 I'd expect the market to tank.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks