Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 17:12   #2731
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Beijing and Shanghai are key cities of China but, do you think it's alright to interchange them?

Btw, i bought 3 vouchers and plan to use it before my vacation.

Can we order whatever we want OR the list of items in NV and V are fixed?
My bad.Its Shanghai Chef.

The list of items in the combo is fixed.NV is better than veg combo.The quantity is more than enough for a ever hungry soul like me.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:34   #2732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The list of items in the combo is fixed.NV is better than veg combo.The quantity is more than enough for a ever hungry soul like me.
I know the list of items are fixed. Allow me to rephrase my question.

Can we order any dish on the menu? I meant for 1/2 soup can i order tomato or sweet corn or chicken? Got my drift?
Old 14th December 2010, 02:48   #2733
BHPian

Tried out Khyati in Madhapur, behind Celebrations. Food is average, but the Chicken Tikkas were YUM. Restaurant is very basic, hence if you live in or around Madhapur, suggest you get the stuff packed or get it Home delivered.
Old 14th December 2010, 13:01   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Sabby-069,

Welcome to Team-Bhp and this wonderful thread.

A quick question-Have you been at Nawabs N Nizams and if so when.?

I did not have a good experience at this joint and many of my acquaintances have similar opinion to share.

This thread is being watched by many Bhpian's and guest users,it receives close to 10k hits per month.We normally recommend restaurants on this thread based on our own experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
Hi Sabby,

Been to Nawabs & Nizams offlate and he mentions dum biryani but serves a dhaba style (marinated meat and rice is sauteed like in fried rice)

Moreover the quantity is very little for the price he charges,so will not recommend the place.
Hi Silverwood - Thanks for the welcome!!

@silverwood/arcotsrinivas;
I'm really surprized the quality&quantity has gone down to that extent as you guys have mentioned. I was there about 6-8 months back... but i have to admit, I went there around 2 in the morning (for a Post party dinner).
The Kababs & biriyani was really good, atleast then.... sorry for the bad experience.... didn't know the quality had gone down that much.

Would not recoment it to anyone anymore.... appologies again.
Old 14th December 2010, 17:06   #2735
BHPian

(1) I have today received a pamphlet with an offer from "Sizzling Grillz", Kothaguda X Roads (6453 9393 / 6453 0303) that they offer 10 % discount on lunch buffet and 20 % discount on dinner buffet.

(2) I also received a pamphlet with an offer from "Fortune Select Manohar", Near Old Begumpet Airport (3988 4422 / 6654 3456) that they offer a chance to explore a culinary journey with their newly crafted buffet menu to experience exquisite European, Oriental & Indian flavours and live counters at "Zodiac", the 24 hours Astral Coffee Shop. The breakfast buffet is 300++ while lunch and dinner buffets are 467++. The offer from them is a 15 % discount on these prices.
Old 14th December 2010, 17:31   #2736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
(1) I have today received a pamphlet with an offer from "Sizzling Grillz", Kothaguda X Roads (6453 9393 / 6453 0303) that they offer 10 % discount on lunch buffet and 20 % discount on dinner buffet.

(2) I also received a pamphlet with an offer from "Fortune Select Manohar", Near Old Begumpet Airport (3988 4422 / 6654 3456) that they offer a chance to explore a culinary journey with their newly crafted buffet menu to experience exquisite European, Oriental & Indian flavours and live counters at "Zodiac", the 24 hours Astral Coffee Shop. The breakfast buffet is 300++ while lunch and dinner buffets are 467++. The offer from them is a 15 % discount on these prices.
Sizzling Grillz is supposed to be quite good and slowly but, steadily trying to steal the glory from BBQ Nation. Any idea what's their dinner buffet priced? I think its Rs.500 or so. Right?

Fortune is trying to come back to fray. 467++ means easily Rs.600 so roughly Rs.500 after discount. Not sure if its VFM ( depends on what their spread is like)
Old 15th December 2010, 08:42   #2737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know the list of items are fixed. Allow me to rephrase my question.

Can we order any dish on the menu? I meant for 1/2 soup can i order tomato or sweet corn or chicken? Got my drift?
Unfortunately no.The menu for the combo is pre-decided by the restaurant for that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
Hi Silverwood - Thanks for the welcome!!

@silverwood/arcotsrinivas;

Would not recoment it to anyone anymore.... appologies again.
There is nothing for you to apologize here.As a newbie, your efforts are very well appreciated.
Old 16th December 2010, 14:40   #2738
Team-BHP Support

Nautanki Gali at Cyber Pearl, Madhapur.

Buffet is priced at 199.
Bill for 24 including VAT was around 5469/-

Food is decent.
There were 2 soups. Veg and Sea Food.
Starters included 2 types of chicken and one fish.
The fish was very good, the chicken was nice.

Dry Momo's/ Dimsums, both veg and non-veg.
Chat counter.

Jalzeera/ Chanch/ Some strawberry drink.

Main course included some biryani and a couple of gravies.
There was also a selection of salads.

Icecreams and deserts.

Total VFM for the money they charge.

Will I go back there. NOT if I can help it.

The service team is completely overwhelmed. They take a long amount of time to replace stuff. Only one set of spoons. You need to use them for everything. Inordinate delay is getting food from the buffet tables. Long queues at the desert stand.

While the food is good, the service is a BIG let down. I don't blame the waiters or the manager. Its just that they have very few people to deal with the patrons.

The upper management does not care as the place is super crowded. As long as cash bells ring, I doubt if they would do anything to make it better.
Old 16th December 2010, 15:09   #2739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The service team is completely overwhelmed. They take a long amount of time to replace stuff. Only one set of spoons. You need to use them for everything. Inordinate delay is getting food from the buffet tables. Long queues at the desert stand.

While the food is good, the service is a BIG let down. I don't blame the waiters or the manager. Its just that they have very few people to deal with the patrons.

The upper management does not care as the place is super crowded. As long as cash bells ring, I doubt if they would do anything to make it better.
This is becoming an Ohri's trademark now.Dirty buffet tables,badd service and a dont-care-what-you-think-of-us attitude.

The spoons observation is sooo very Ohris.In a different post on this thread,I had put in the very same observations about the buffet at Ohris 70mm on necklace road,Same story there as well-they take your soiled spoons and place it on the table in front of you and take away the plates-GROSS and buffet tables are one of the messiest I have seen in ages,and the icing on the cake at 70mm was that they serve mocktails & juices & lime sodas in those flimsy plastic glasses and charge you a bomb for it!!Looks like a solid case of AVOID AVOID Ohris!!
Old 16th December 2010, 20:26   #2740
BHPian

Went to Novotel "the square " on my anniversary for dinner
Being a Tuesday, we had to do veggie only
Excellent variety ( no south indian dishes, no chinese dishes)
lots of bread, cheese, excellent tofu, desserts
damage for 2 : Rs 1700 + taxes ( 14.5 % vat + 2.5 % Service charge)
Good place to chillout , eat in a relaxed environment, fasting prior to eating recommended
Old 17th December 2010, 13:50   #2741
Distinguished - BHPian

OT

One of the most popular and regular contributor (Silverwood) to this thread has become a proud father of twin babies. I hope he continues his eating out escapades and keeps this thread alive and kicking with his numerous gastronomic experiences.

Congratulations Waseem

P.S: He is contemplating of inviting all regular contributors of this thread to one of the most happening "twin parties" in town
Old 17th December 2010, 16:39   #2742
BANNED

Not the best thread, but am not aware if I will get more foodie nawabs anywhere else on the forum to answer my query

A good friend of mine is looking for dabbawala in Gachibowli area supplying veg food - preferable gujarati/marathi hoping they are less spicy. Any pointers?

Vijay

Last edited by vjoy3 : 17th December 2010 at 16:40.
Old 17th December 2010, 17:34   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Not the best thread, but am not aware if I will get more foodie nawabs anywhere else on the forum to answer my query

A good friend of mine is looking for dabbawala in Gachibowli area supplying veg food - preferable gujarati/marathi hoping they are less spicy. Any pointers?

Vijay
@Vijay
There's one called 123 Tiffin Dabba Service (97056-04747). Had given these details to a friend sometime back. Not sure of the service/quality. Guess your friend will have to check it out and let us know!!
Old 17th December 2010, 18:08   #2744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT

One of the most popular and regular contributor (Silverwood) to this thread has become a proud father of twin babies. I hope he continues his eating out escapades and keeps this thread alive and kicking with his numerous gastronomic experiences.

Congratulations Waseem

P.S: He is contemplating of inviting all regular contributors of this thread to one of the most happening "twin parties" in town
Hey wow!!Congrats Waseem!Twin Parties in Twin Cities!
Old 18th December 2010, 09:05   #2745
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
need help in finding a place to eat "ghaas poos" for lunch today. Subway is there, but any other place other than Subway??

Raj.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks