Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 18:02   #2881
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

A new restaurant cum irani hotel cum bakery has opened yesterday at lakdi ka pul.

"MUGHAL"

Behind Dwarka. Had a huge opening from 11 am to well past midnight. It was like a wedding! (I hate such openings, typical to biryani joints!)

Was invited but could not go as i was busy. Will taste the biryani and let you guys know soon.

The biryani in "Gulshan-e-Iran" on main road beside Dwarka was good with well cooked mutton the other day. A little bit on the spicy side. Quantity was huge! Two like me can eat to satisfaction!

I can't say if both these are family type. I guess MUGHAL would be a better choice if going with family. Interiors nicely done.
Old 15th February 2011, 18:24   #2882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Thinking of having my Valentine's Day Dinner with wifey today . Please suggest a new place and not these regular joints.
Little Italy would be a nice place to take your Valentine. However, do note they serve only veg but, the ambience and food would be perfect for such occasion.
Old 15th February 2011, 18:31   #2883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Little Italy would be a nice place to take your Valentine. However, do note they serve only veg but, the ambience and food would be perfect for such occasion.
Been to Little Italy already quite a few times. Any new quaint little place?
Old 15th February 2011, 20:38   #2884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Saw this new place called some australian kebabs in madhapur (next to addidas showroom)

not sure if its open ,will try to visit the same on saturday.

anyone been there already.
Picked up a Falafel (Rs 79, small size but adequate) and Vegetarian Lahmacun (Rs 149). The Lahmacun is a thin crust Turkish style pizza.

Both were very good and I picked the ambiance of the place.

The food can be picked up from the counters on the ground floor. The first floor has seating. They also have a exclusive area if its a large group.

They also had a Shawrma setup. The first time I saw a razor blade kind of gadget to shave of small strips of chicken.

They open at 11AM. If you are late for office, this is a nice place to pick up lunch.
Old 15th February 2011, 23:23   #2885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Picked up a Falafel (Rs 79, small size but adequate) and Vegetarian Lahmacun (Rs 149). The Lahmacun is a thin crust Turkish style pizza.
I didn't know there existed such a thing as a vegetarian Lahmacun! I should try this place.

The sad replica of a Turkish outlet in Cinemax is a total rip-off and the one in SVM is barely passable.

Do they sell baklava too, or am I hoping for too much?

Regards,
spadix
Old 17th February 2011, 16:20   #2886
BHPian

Went to Avi's favorite haunt 'Sholay' last night for dinner with wifey

Yakni Shorba: Was out of this word. Double yum!
Appolo Fish: One of the best in the city
Dal Tadka: Surprize of the evening, was really good
Bathinde da kukkad: See previous post of Avi's sholay visit for the discription!! He and only he can discribe this dish like it deserves:-p
Butter Roti: Crisp & dripping with white butter. Sinfully yum!

Total damage: 750/- including tip... TOTAL VFM!!

Last edited by Sabby-069 : 17th February 2011 at 16:21. Reason: Typo
Old 17th February 2011, 18:07   #2887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
Bathinde da kukkad: See previous post of Avi's sholay visit for the discription!! He and only he can discribe this dish like it deserves:-p
You mean something like this?

Bathinde De Kukkad is an all time favorite dish from Sholay wherein the chicken is marinated until it's juices seep out and tingle your taste buds and play havoc with your gastronomical senses.

Not to mention their spicy red gravy with dollops of small green chillies that blend so well with finely chopped chicken and helps in making it mouth-wateringly succulent?
Old 17th February 2011, 23:54   #2888
Senior - BHPian

Sun Moon restaurant, Leonia - totally avoidable

We had a team outing at Leonia resort today and lunch (buffet) at "Sun Moon" restaurant was part of the deal.

I'll keep it short. Skip it.

Regards,
spadix
Old 17th February 2011, 23:56   #2889
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sun Moon restaurant, Leonia - totally avoidable

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I think the same can be said about the food at Alankrita !!!
Old 18th February 2011, 10:17   #2890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You mean something like this?

Bathinde De Kukkad is an all time favorite dish from Sholay wherein the chicken is marinated until it's juices seep out and tingle your taste buds and play havoc with your gastronomical senses.

Not to mention their spicy red gravy with dollops of small green chillies that blend so well with finely chopped chicken and helps in making it mouth-wateringly succulent?
Wow, that was the most orgasmic description of Bhatinde De Kukkad I ever read. You should go on those foodie shows on TV. You might give the current presenters a run for their money!

The food at Golkonda Resorts and Spa is awesome, though a tad expensive. Tried the Chicken Tikka Masala, NonVeg kabab platter and the Tadka Dal. Totally mouth watering.
Old 18th February 2011, 11:27   #2891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think the same can be said about the food at Alankrita !!!
Quote:
We had a team outing at Leonia resort today and lunch (buffet) at "Sun Moon" restaurant was part of the deal.

Regards,
spadix
Yes Leonia looks shady & cheesy as well.Agree on Alankrita,its a waste of time and money,just like Leonia.

Hyd still waits for a professional resort with happy staff.Almost all the resorts in and around Hyd are sad with the employees working with them even sadder!!
Old 18th February 2011, 14:12   #2892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Yes Leonia looks shady & cheesy as well.Agree on Alankrita,its a waste of time and money,just like Leonia.

Hyd still waits for a professional resort with happy staff.Almost all the resorts in and around Hyd are sad with the employees working with them even sadder!!
+1

Try Lahari, though. The food's decent and the staff looks committed enough, maybe because it's still new-ish. And it looks a lot more "natural" than the cheesy landscaping on offer at Leonia.

Andhon me kaana stuff only, anyway.

Regards,
spadix
Old 18th February 2011, 15:06   #2893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1

Try Lahari, though. The food's decent and the staff looks committed enough, maybe because it's still new-ish. And it looks a lot more "natural" than the cheesy landscaping on offer at Leonia.

Andhon me kaana stuff only, anyway.

Regards,
spadix
Thanx Spadix,is Lahari that good or passable?Any other reccomended places for a weekend stay?Lahari seems to be going all out,they even have a fb profile (Lahari Resorts | Facebook)
Old 18th February 2011, 15:12   #2894
Team-BHP Support

Spar Supermarket, Somajiguda has Rotisserie Chicken.
It costs around 157 Rs a Kilo.

A full bird would typically clock in at about 1.3 to 1.4 kgs.

Its chicken with the skin on.
Taste is quite nice and the price very reasonable.

In fact the last time I got the full bird, my dad skipped rice etc and polished off half the bird as his lunch.

You can also buy a chicken tikka kind of piece. In fact I had the same for my lunch today. Nice.
Old 18th February 2011, 15:18   #2895
BHPian

Celebrity just before Shamirpet ; Aalankrita much before Shamirpet ; Leonia after Shamirpet ; Pragati beyond Chilkur ; Lahari behind Icrisat ; Treasure Islands at Gandipet ; That Egyptian inspired place beyond Shamshabad ; Dhola-Ri-Dhani at Kompally ; Ramoji Film City on Vijayawada Highway ; Mount Opera opposite Ramoji ; Placida at Madhapur/Kondapur/Gachibowli ; are some of the resorts around Hyderabad. Not sure how many are still functional of these.

Lahari has been around for some time now. It hosted a cricket match (the parallel series to BCCI started by the Zee guy).

I recently met one Mr Sanjay Kumar, owner of a resort called Summer Green at Shamirpet. It is even before Aalankrita. He is supposed to take me there to show it but I have yet to find the time for it.

Avinash, how about a review of Pragati (unbiased one)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks