Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2012, 21:22   #4381
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Nagarjuna circle, you mean? Which restaurant are you talking about? There is no Paradise near Nagarjuna hills. Could be some other place.

Welcome to Hyderabad. You are in for a treat if you like non-veg food.
I am indeed a meat lover and that is why i am all the more excited
I was staying in Punjagutta area and i came across this Paradise Hotel near a mall there. Was brimming with people at dinner time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

Except Chocolate Room, never ever have I come across the other three outlets or heard of them from anyone. Like any city across the world, there are many outlets serving food but only a few which make it to the list of worthy eating out places and these three are not in that list in this city.
Agreed. I knew zilch about Hyderabad when i landed there. However i would suggest you check out this place called Kona's. I would go there only if i have a date though

Last edited by Motormania : 19th May 2012 at 21:23.
Old 19th May 2012, 23:59   #4382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Except Chocolate Room, never ever have I come across the other three outlets or heard of them from anyone. Like any city across the world, there are many outlets serving food but only a few which make it to the list of worthy eating out places and these three are not in that list in this city.
Bajaj sir, surprising that you have'nt heard of Kona's. Its the place overlooking Durgam Cheruvu. I read a review about this place a while back, but never got a chance to visit them. Here is the review The Hindu : Life & Style / Food : Kona's restaurant promises royal cuisine
Old 20th May 2012, 08:04   #4383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Bajaj sir, surprising that you have'nt heard of Kona's. Its the place overlooking Durgam Cheruvu. I read a review about this place a while back, but never got a chance to visit them. Here is the review The Hindu : Life & Style / Food : Kona's restaurant promises royal cuisine
Nothing to be surprised about.

After all, as Motormania has said, he would go there only if he had a date.

Since I am not in the dating scene, I only look at places where food is good and easy on the wallet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
However i would suggest you check out this place called Kona's. I would go there only if i have a date though
Old 20th May 2012, 16:42   #4384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania
I was staying in Punjagutta area and i came across this Paradise Hotel near a mall there.
U sure it was not "Chutneys" or Shanbagh? How come a restaurant called Paradise in Punjagutta/Nagarjuna Hills has gone unnoticed by us?
Old 21st May 2012, 08:52   #4385
BHPian

Quote:
I was staying in Punjagutta area and i came across this Paradise Hotel near a mall there. Was brimming with people at dinner time.
Near a Mall, are you referring to Y2K? If you had Idly & Vada, then it has to be Shanbagh at Panjagutta, this is pretty close-by to Hyderabad Central and guess this was the place you visited.

Motormania, you gave Hydeez a shock of their life by saying that you had Idly & Vada at Paradise, that too at their non-existent outlet at Panjagutta.
Old 21st May 2012, 09:15   #4386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
U sure it was not "Chutneys" or Shanbagh? How come a restaurant called Paradise in Punjagutta/Nagarjuna Hills has gone unnoticed by us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Near a Mall, are you referring to Y2K? If you had Idly & Vada, then it has to be Shanbagh at Panjagutta, this is pretty close-by to Hyderabad Central and guess this was the place you visited.

Motormania, you gave Hydeez a shock of their life by saying that you had Idly & Vada at Paradise, that too at their non-existent outlet at Panjagutta.
Holy Moly, how did i goof up. I am extremely sorry for the confusion
It was indeed Shanbagh.
Please dont kick me out of Hyd for this blasphemy
Old 21st May 2012, 10:21   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Holy Moly, how did i goof up. I am extremely sorry for the confusion
It was indeed Shanbagh.
Please dont kick me out of Hyd for this blasphemy
Hahaha

The name 'Paradise' is synonymous with Biryani @ Hyderabad. People either love their biryani or hate their biryani but it is one of the most happening restaurant in twin cities.
Old 21st May 2012, 10:27   #4388
BHPian

Quote:
Hahaha

The name 'Paradise' is synonymous with Biryani @ Hyderabad. People either love their biryani or hate their biryani but it is one of the most happening restaurant in twin cities.
Even my friend suggested me to try it out once. Planning to drop by in the first weekend of June and see what is the hype all about

BTW had been to Racer's Edge Cafe too. Liked the ambiance. Decent snacks, should be a good place to hangout during race weekends
Old 21st May 2012, 12:31   #4389
BHPian

Quote:
Even my friend suggested me to try it out once. Planning to drop by in the first weekend of June and see what is the hype all about
Yeah, it is all hype only though quite a few here would disagree with me on that.
Old 21st May 2012, 17:05   #4390
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, it is all hype only though quite a few here would disagree with me on that.

I totally agree with you. There is a restaurant in Ameerpet, Either it is Annapoorna or the one next to it which serves andhra biryani in which chicken/mutton pieces are placed on the top, some how i like that biryani more than the one served by Paradise.

But would again like to visit Paradise for double masala biryani after so much is written about it here.
Old 22nd May 2012, 06:02   #4391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
There is a restaurant in Ameerpet, Either it is Annapoorna or the one next to it which serves andhra biryani in which chicken/mutton pieces are placed on the top
Oranges and apples are both fruits but cannot be compared with each other and it is the same case with Andhra Biryani and Hyderabadi Biryani.

In Hyderabadi Biryani, one marinates the raw meat in curd and other spices, then layer the raw meat at the bottom of the pan, cover it with partially cooked rice, coat it with saffron, repeat the process till you reach the desired height in the pan, add mint leaves and fried onions at the top layer, then seal the pan with "atta" [dough] and slow cook it under "dum" [pressure]. It is different from "pulao" [a type of a rice dish] because there is no water added to biryani and it is cooked in its own juices. The rice gets the flavour from the meats and spices and the steam is created to cook the meat and rice from the water content of the meat and curd.

Paradise serves Hyderabadi Biryani and one can compare it with Shadab, Shah Ghouse, Banne Nawab, Hyderabad House, Bahar, New Astoria, Bawarchi, Sarvi, etc. My personal favourites are Bahar and Sarvi.

Traveloholic or Mobike008 or many other members here can narrate out a long list of criterion that decide what constitutes a good Hyderabadi biryani but the most essential of them are : (1) rice should remain juicy (not to be confused with greasy) ; (2) both the meat and rice should get fully cooked ; and many more.
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:04   #4392
BHPian

The great Ohri hoax!

My friends and I went to Ohris Jiva at Whitehouse yesterday and when we entered the lobby we had a look at the menu of De Thaali section. De Thaali seemed like a good deal for a Rajdhani like northie thaali at only 200/- per head. But once we took our seats, a few in the group griped about more variety in the buffet section and we decided to shift there for the 250/- per head buffet.

There we realised that the menu at De Thaali is a subset of the extensive buffet menu at Jiva! In effect by paying nly Rs. 50 extra over De Thaali we get to enjoy 75% more variety at the buffet.

De Thaali just serves a few selected items from the buffet in a thaali format where the only advantage is that you are served at the table. Definitely not VFM considering the wider choice at the buffet for only 50 bucks more.

This is also funny considering that I have seen a few people argue whether the food tasted better at the Jiva buffet or at De Thaali!
Old 23rd May 2012, 15:56   #4393
Distinguished - BHPian

Once upon a famous food festival of Green Park " Lucknow Kebab Festival" is back this year which is on till this weekend, I think.

Anyone knows the dinner buffet price? Planning to go there this weekend as I enjoyed it a few times that I visited in the past.
Old 23rd May 2012, 16:23   #4394
BHPian

Via Milano
Road No. 36, Jubilee Hills

Weekday Lunch Buffet :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-via-milano-lunch-buffet-menu.jpg

Antipasti & Breads :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-antipasti.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-breads.jpg

Main Course :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-chicken-scaloppini-mushroom-sauce.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-grilled-chicken.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-chicken-lasagna.jpg

Desserts :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-mango-brulee.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-chocolate-lasagne.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-tiramisu.jpg

Beverage :
Any one Mocktail free with the buffet

Price :
Rs. 597 per head all inclusive (5% Service Charge and 3.71% Service Tax also included)

Verdict :
Not much interesting antipasti.
Okay-okay main course.
Okay-okay desserts.
Excellent ambience.
Good service.
Worth eating once (not worth repeating).
Old 24th May 2012, 10:52   #4395
BHPian

Buddy's Veg & Non-Veg Restaurant
(earlier Baba Chullha)
Below Domino's Pizza, G S Mall,
Raj Bhawan Road, Somajiguda Circle,
Hyderabad - 500 082
+91 93 93 93 93 04 / +91 8008 900 007
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-buddy1.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-buddy2.jpg
Not tried out as yet by me but please be cautious as Traveloholic has said earlier that they did not add the double egg in his roll though billed it.

Most Viewed