Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 23:10   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
I have dinner outside 3-4 in a YEAR and invariably bump into you during these times also..out of the 2 times that I had dinner outside this year..already met you at Sahib Sind Sultan.

I'll tell you an even better thing, we pay our cook a tidy sum each month for "Not Cooking"
Old 5th November 2009, 23:52   #1142
BHPian

Do you want a part-time cook, who can also design if needed?
Old 6th November 2009, 00:04   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Any breakfast meets this Sunday?

And can someone guide me towards Laxman's Idli
Old 6th November 2009, 12:36   #1144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Do you know Famous Ice-Cream at Mozamjahi Market? If yes, take the road exactly opposite which goes towards begum bazar.

After taking above road go for half kilometer and you will come across a crossroad and an IOC petrol bunk on your right.

Take that right and keep going for another 0.75km and there will be another crossroad ( but no signal or median in center)

Take left from this crossroad, note this road is quite narrow and keep going for another 0.5km and stop when you see a lot of crowd on your left at a bandhi. That is Laxman for you !!!
Old 6th November 2009, 13:32   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
We might come across somewhere near Laxman's for sure on Sunday. Taking my family out for the much awaited Breakfast Binge on Sunday .
Old 6th November 2009, 15:13   #1146
BHPian

Do you have any idea, when Famous starts serving Ice Creams? Do they serve as early as 10:30 or 11:00?
Old 6th November 2009, 15:23   #1147
BHPian

Saw an advert on the last page of Hyderabad Chronicle (of Deccan Chronicle) of today that "36 Chattees" is offering unlimited snacks and unlimited beverages (I hope that when they say beverage, it includes Diet Coke since I do not enjoy normal Coke that much) for Rs. 549 per head, at both Jubilee Hills and Secunderabad restaurants.

I have booked a table for 8:30 pm to personally check out their food offerings!
Old 6th November 2009, 15:30   #1148
Team-BHP Support

My past experience (about a year back) in 36-Chatees was Horrible to say the least.

I hate that restaurant.
Food and service compete in trying to win the worst experience award.
Old 6th November 2009, 16:41   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
My past experience (about a year back) in 36-Chatees was Horrible to say the least.

I hate that restaurant.
Food and service compete in trying to win the worst experience award.
On October 16th, I had visited the newly opened Secunderabad "Chattees" with family (spouse, kid and parents).

Since my mother is getting her dentures fixed, she is on liquid diet so she did not eat anything and did not even touch the glass of water.

The bill came and was for 5 buffets. When pointed out that it should have been for 4, the manager said it is a company policy that all guests must be billed whether they eat or not. No amount of arguements would budge them.

How is that for hospitality ...

I, too, would not have gone, but the liking for the deal by my friends leave me with no choice. After all, friends are worth much more to me than my ego stopping me for visiting the most useless "Chattees".
Old 8th November 2009, 11:59   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Breakfast Binge

Had Butter Paneer Dosa yesterday at Pragati. I liked the paste that they put on the dosa crust. Anybody knows whats it made of.

Went to Laxman's today morning. Even though I reached around 9.30, there was a huge crowd of people waiting for their set of idli's, vadas and Butter Dosa. Had all of those but the wait and the jostling in the crowd to get my due was the dampener.

On the way back at 10.15 saw Famous Icecream open and two old gentlemen savouring their helpings.
Old 8th November 2009, 16:02   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Saw an advert on the last page of Hyderabad Chronicle (of Deccan Chronicle) of today that "36 Chattees" is offering unlimited snacks and unlimited beverages (I hope that when they say beverage, it includes Diet Coke since I do not enjoy normal Coke that much) for Rs. 549 per head, at both Jubilee Hills and Secunderabad restaurants
36 - Chattees decided to live up to its reputation and did all that they could to fleece me/us on their above offer.

I reached at 8:30 and told them not to start the service till my friend could arrives after finishing his day at Convergys.

We asked them to start the service at 9:15 and beverages were well presented and also replenished promptly. They did not hesitate serving the diet coke also.

Snacks were pretty decent in taste but not exceptional like "The Great Kebab Factory" or "Barbeque Nation".

The offer does not include dinner - so no rotis or chawal. Since I am dieting, I normally do not eat roti/chawal at dinner time so I did not mind. I did miss my dal, though, so I ordered it ala-carte.

At 10:05, I asked for one more coke and the captain tells me that the restaurant has closed down at 10:00.

The manager was summoned who told me that though their advert did not carry the fine print, their scheme is between 7:30 and 10:00.

I pointed out that at no stage were the fine print read out to me and also that they were not part of the menu so what I do not know is not a fact and I dare to disagree with him.

I looked at the menu and saw that they had not served Mutton Sheekh Kebab and so I told the manager that I came exclusively for the sheekhs but since I did not get them I can only pay 49 out of 549 rate.

Lo and behold, the restaurant was declared re-opened till 11:30 and till I am satisfied and I suddenly found lots of snacks, especially fish and mutton on my table. Unlimited coke was supplied directly from the bottle instead of the waiter filling the glass and then serving.

The discovery of the day was - no, they fleece, that was known. It was that at some places "might is right" and "sword is mightier than a pen". "Loud voice" does work.

All in all, we did recover our investment of 549 + tax = 649 though we did miss eating proper dinner.
Old 8th November 2009, 20:00   #1152
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like we need to avoid 36 Chatees like the plague
Old 9th November 2009, 10:44   #1153
BHPian

Aroma , above Kalaniketan Wedding Mall, Somajiguda has a new management team.
They have recruited new staff for the Indian section who make amazing Hyderabad Dum Biryani and Butter Chicken. It is heaven

Prices are very reasonable too.

They also started a Takeaway and Home delivery service.
Old 9th November 2009, 10:55   #1154
Team-BHP Support

Mainland China : Hyderabad

has a super offer.
Its offered only if number of patrons is 4 or more.
It works out to 500 bucks including taxes and service charges.

The menu is the same and you can order as many servings as you want of selected dishes.
You select the dishes.

Any 2 soups. Veg and Non Veg.
4 starters, 2 veg and 2 non veg.
1. Rice
1. Noodles
Main course, 2 veg and 2 non veg dishes.
3 deserts.

About 6 of us had dinner last Saturday.
The food is good as always.
But the highlight for me was the Sesame coated caramelized walnuts and the litchi ice cream. We had about 6 serving of the litchi ice cream.

The service is above par and we felt very good with our time spent there.

EDIT: Offer is only for Visa card holders.

Last edited by bblost : 9th November 2009 at 14:13.
Old 9th November 2009, 10:59   #1155
Senior - BHPian

went to Zaffran for dinner on Sat eve. (Rd. no12 Banjara hills)

Great food, lovely rooftop ambience ....i recommend this for a quiet family dinner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks