Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2016, 23:23   #6331
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Wow, never knew such a thread existed.

Off-lately, I have noticed a lot of Arabian restaurants mushrooming all around hyderabad. "Laham Mandi & Kabsa" have definitely got good traction in the last 2-3 years.
Old 11th December 2016, 13:03   #6332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Wow, never knew such a thread existed.
Neither did I know it existed.

In fact, we are planning to pore through this thread for ideas as to where to go for a 'different' lunch on Christmas Day.

Suggestions are welcome; the only caveat being the a strictly non-vegetarian fare.
Old 11th December 2016, 13:32   #6333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Neither did I know it existed.

In fact, we are planning to pore through this thread for ideas as to where to go for a 'different' lunch on Christmas Day.

Suggestions are welcome; the only caveat being the a strictly non-vegetarian fare.
Christmas, being a Sunday this time, Fusion 9 Inorbit mall should have an amazing spread for their Brunch.
Old 12th December 2016, 09:09   #6334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Neither did I know it existed. In fact, we are planning to pore through this thread for ideas as to where to go for a 'different' lunch on Christmas Day. Suggestions are welcome; the only caveat being the a strictly non-vegetarian fare.
I started this thread 8+ years ago....Time flies eh? But, over the last couple of years it ain't too updated. Hopefully with you guys chiming in we can keep it updated

So start sharing your foodie experiences here whenever you can

Why dont you try Mamagoto at Kondapur. They have a Rs.999 all inclusive lunch on Sundays (Christmas is on sunday this time) with beverages included

You will like their food if you enjoy some exotic cuisine as their style of cooking is very different from regular asian joints. There is a heavy smell of some sea-weed they use in most of their dishes. But, I think its worth a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Off-lately, I have noticed a lot of Arabian restaurants mushrooming all around hyderabad. "Laham Mandi & Kabsa" have definitely got good traction in the last 2-3 years.
Yes. I agree and this revolution was started by Yum Yum Tree

Anyone likes Momo's? There are several small street vendors selling at Kalyani Nagar in Gachibowli but, I particularly like from one right outside the SPENCER supermarket. They make yummy chicken and veg momos costing INR 60/50 a plate and he makes a mean sauce which is perfect for these momos.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_8529-2.jpg  

Old 12th December 2016, 13:50   #6335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anyone likes Momo's? There are several small street vendors selling at Kalyani Nagar in Gachibowli but, I particularly like from one right outside the SPENCER supermarket. They make yummy chicken and veg momos costing INR 60/50 a plate and he makes a mean sauce which is perfect for these momos.
I stay at Nallagandala and we have Aama's, which is a home-cooked Nepali cuisine place nearby. They serve authentic Momos (steamed and fried) and also few other items. We tried them last weekend and they were yummy, especially the Momos. They do deliver to Gachibowli, Kondapur etc. You can check them out on Zomato.
Old 13th December 2016, 09:36   #6336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I stay at Nallagandala and we have Aama's, which is a home-cooked Nepali cuisine place nearby. They serve authentic Momos (steamed and fried) and also few other items. We tried them last weekend and they were yummy, especially the Momos. They do deliver to Gachibowli, Kondapur etc. You can check them out on Zomato.
Oh! So you pass my location every day to go to your home. I have never been to Gopanpally and beyond till date.Will check them out on Foodpanda if they deliver to us

How about planning a foodie meet in Jan'17? Preferably a sunday brunch?

Myself and Hyd Traveller been itching to try out Golden Dragon at Taj Krishna but, is a bit expensive

Let hear the views of members here? We can shortlist any one sunday in Jan'17 for this foodie meet
Old 13th December 2016, 10:24   #6337
BHPian

Quote:
Let hear the views of members here? We can shortlist any one sunday in Jan'17 for this foodie meet
Sounds good . Not so much of a foodie, but would love to meet other BHPians. After the mega meet in Sept, we didn't have any meet. Lets see if the hunger pangs can wake up the lazy Hydeez!

I would like to propose 22nd Jan. How does that sound?
Old 13th December 2016, 16:03   #6338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I would like to propose 22nd Jan. How does that sound?
I think Jan 22nd sound pretty good as other weekends I'm more or less blocked

We can choose from any of the following for Sunday Brunch. Other recommendations are also welcome

1. Golden Dragon
2. Avasa
3. Mamagoto
4. Fusion 9
5. Marigold
6. Zafraan Exotica
7. Free Flow Traffic

I can keep on listing.....it all depends on the confirmed turnout and we can work out a decent deal with the selected establishment

Who else is interested?
Old 13th December 2016, 17:36   #6339
BHPian

Quote:
1. Golden Dragon
2. Avasa
3. Mamagoto
4. Fusion 9
5. Marigold
6. Zafraan Exotica
7. Free Flow Traffic
My budget has been increased courtesy Lucifer1881.
1. Golden Dragon @ Taj Krishna is priced 2,000 All Inclusive. And I am interested.
2. Avasa. Not interested.
3. Mamagoto. I suppose you are talking about Kondapur branch. Not eaten there as yet so interested.
4. Fusion 9. No please.
5. Marigold. I think you thinking Mekong. Been there, done and dusted.
6. Exotica. No please. One more visit and they might confirm my life membership.
7. Free Flow does not have buffet. Though they have the best pizza in town, it is just too expensive. Why not think Vera Pizzeria in liue.
Old 13th December 2016, 19:12   #6340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
My budget has been increased courtesy Lucifer1881.
1. Golden Dragon @ Taj Krishna is priced 2,000 All Inclusive. And I am interested.
2. Avasa. Not interested.
3. Mamagoto. I suppose you are talking about Kondapur branch. Not eaten there as yet so interested.
4. Fusion 9. No please.
5. Marigold. I think you thinking Mekong. Been there, done and dusted.
6. Exotica. No please. One more visit and they might confirm my life membership.
7. Free Flow does not have buffet. Though they have the best pizza in town, it is just too expensive. Why not think Vera Pizzeria in liue.
I am fine with anything, but 2,000 seems a bit excessive. It might become a deterrent for the meet.

Maybe we should head to the meet section of the forum with 2 or 3 options and decide there...
Old 14th December 2016, 07:38   #6341
BHPian

Quote:
I am fine with anything, but 2,000 seems a bit excessive. It might become a deterrent for the meet.
Maybe we should head to the meet section of the forum with 2 or 3 options and decide there...
Well, my earlier post was exactly that. I shortlisted 3 out of 7 by saying no to other 4.
We hardly meet 2 or 3 times a year. If 2,000 cost for fine-dine deluxe-5-star not-run-of-the-mill-ordinary-experience is expensive, then, no comment.
Now, I add a 4th choice.
The 4 (in order of my personal preference) are:
1. Golden Dragon @ Taj Krishna in Banjara Hills. 2,000.
2. Thai Pavilion @ Vivanta by Taj in Begumpet. 1, 300/1,500(?).
3. Mamagoto adjoining Google in Kondapur. 1,200(?).
4. Vera Pizzeria opposite Karachi Bakery in Madhapur. 600.
Old 16th December 2016, 08:35   #6342
BHPian

Quote:
Well, my earlier post was exactly that. I shortlisted 3 out of 7 by saying no to other 4.
We hardly meet 2 or 3 times a year. If 2,000 cost for fine-dine deluxe-5-star not-run-of-the-mill-ordinary-experience is expensive, then, no comment.
Now, I add a 4th choice.
Let's decide with everybody. If everybody is fine to spend 2k for a lunch then I'll be happy to join.
Old 16th December 2016, 15:15   #6343
BHPian

I'm out of the reckoning for January 22nd. I'm arranging a lunch at Falaknuma (cough!), so Im busy with that.
Old 17th December 2016, 22:20   #6344
BHPian

I was told that Avial in Gachibowli has shut down sometime back. Did they resume in Gachibowli or elsewhere? If not, any other similar offering?
Old 17th December 2016, 22:56   #6345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Agree! 2K per head is on the steep side but, as Bajaj Saab said the experience is unbeatable

Will start a thread in meet section in New Year so we can hone down the place but, the date will remain the same so block your calendar for that date

Quote:
Now, I add a 4th choice.
Vera Pizzeria is out of reckoning as it does not really qualify for a sunday brunch

Keep the recommendations for a "Sunday Brunch" flowing in here and we can finalize during 1st week of Jan 2017

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks