Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 23:49   #6211
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Where exactly is this located.

I used to be a regular at Akson's cafe about 10 years back. Used to love the pepper eggs and parotta.
Should go there sometime.
Imran, Kairali is bang opposite DLF Gachibowli. near Parivar and all those small eateries.

Btw, No reviews on Over The Flames lately. Have you also ditched them ? Remember, we first met there.
Old 21st August 2014, 00:05   #6212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Have you been to the new A/c restaurant where Kairali has moved to, a few blocks down the road. Its heaven compared to the earlier place.
When was the last time you've been there? They have shut down operations there if i am not wrong. The last time i checked 3 weeks back, they were trying to move to another building (smaller) soon. I guess the one they were operating out of, was too much for them to afford considering the dip in sales. No idea if they opened at a new place already.

Last edited by jayded : 21st August 2014 at 00:07.
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:37   #6213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Imran, Kairali is bang opposite DLF Gachibowli. near Parivar and all those small eateries.

Btw, No reviews on Over The Flames lately. Have you also ditched them ? Remember, we first met there.
Have not been to OTF in a long time. Completely off my radar.

One restaurant I absolutely loved was Simply South opposite the Film Nagar Temple.
Its fantastic. The menu is based on the four southern states. The quality of food and its taste is very nice. A meal for small family will cost you about 1300.
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:55   #6214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
A bit of an unusual post but what the heck, here goes -

It's been more than a year since I shifted out of Hyderabad. Now I badly want to have the Paradise Biryani - with no sight of anyone coming down to Delhi, what are my options? :(

Had heard earlier that GATI used to deliver in other cities but don't see any info on it now.

You can try flymyfood.in. I think they do deliver to Delhi/Gurgaon. Give it a shot and let us know your experience.
Old 25th August 2014, 14:41   #6215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The only place i have ever had good Fish Biryani is at Fish Land, Ameerpet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Thank you Waseem bhai. Will try it out today.
Fishland used to be an amazing place maybe 5 years ago.

But, now its more or less like a mess in terms of their ambience and food quality

Abhi,did you try the fish biryani there? I hear another good place to have Fish Biryani is Spicy Venue at Jubilee Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
No offense to you F1dotcom, however this place is a "Never Visit" for Vegetarians. Swore never to go again. I would stay hungry but not step my foot in Chinese Pavilion.
You went there to eat vegetarian? That shouldnt be an excuse for them to mess up your food. What exactly happened?

F1dotcom and Ranjit. When was the last time you visited Chinese Pavilion and what you ate there? I too have been there a couple of times. I found the food to be strictly decent nothing really overwhelming. Hence, curious to know

Quote:
Isn't OTF shut down? Serves them well since their quality & portion size was consistently going down while the prices were climbing north. Shows even popular restuarants (especially the ones that dont have deep pockets) dont last too long if they dont listen to their customers

Nice to see the action back on this thread. Now please advice on where do i get best chicken biryani in town?
Old 26th August 2014, 00:48   #6216
BHPian

This thread is coming to life... Slowly.

Had midnight buffet at Green Park last Friday, my first ever visit. What a miserable fare! The Mutton Haleem and Paaya were joke! Haleem had no spices whatsoever and Paaya was of pedestrian quality. No starters and soups! Only one salad (sprouts+chickpeas), one chicken curry, kheema paratha, 2-3 veg curries and the usual veggie affair (dal, sambar, rice & curd rice). The only dishes I found decent were Mutton and Chicken Biryani. For this, they charged us Rs. 1725 for 3! Never going back there!

I think this place is only for people who retire from 10D and gobble up whatever is served and rave about it only because they got food at that hour.
Old 26th August 2014, 00:58   #6217
Senior - BHPian

Tried Mainland China @ Cyber Towers junction yesterday. Quantity was really less, especially considering the price but the quality was good. Bill came to 2300 for 4 persons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
When was the last time you've been there? They have shut down operations there if i am not wrong. The last time i checked 3 weeks back, they were trying to move to another building (smaller) soon. I guess the one they were operating out of, was too much for them to afford considering the dip in sales. No idea if they opened at a new place already.
I came back from office via DLF today evening and I think Kairali is still closed. An unlit board was still there but nothing else.

Last edited by zenren : 26th August 2014 at 01:01.
Old 26th August 2014, 08:02   #6218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

You went there to eat vegetarian? That shouldnt be an excuse for them to mess up your food. What exactly happened?
Well a vegetarian ought to eat vegetarian chinese.

Starting with the soup: Watery is the word with absolutely no corn in it. He took it once to put some extra corn and did not get it back till 10 mins. When it came, it was cold. Taste was nowhere near to any Sweet Corn soup had in any part of the world.

The taste department was way off in the starters & main course.

Overall we left thinking why we went in there.
Old 26th August 2014, 09:04   #6219
Distinguished - BHPian

How many of you tried Ruci & Adoni for continental food? I have visited it many times in last few months and absolutely love the food. Some of my favorite there are :-

1. Chicken Peri Peri
2. Lamb Burger ( Very expensive though)
3. Pizzas ( Thinnest pizzas I have ever eaten)
4. Pastas
5. Lasagne ( Heavy on stomach as very rich)

And, its must to order the "Raw Mango" Lemonade served in a big jar to wash the above down

Like the Harley tax, being an Ohri's outlet you pay taxes through the nose (30%) so its quite an expensive place

Try it !!!
Old 28th August 2014, 11:58   #6220
BHPian

Hi Friends, any suggestions on 1) Authentic Gujarathi Thali anywhere in Hyd 2) Pure Vegetarian Andhra meals. I mean the mess type tasty , fresh food. I used to frequent Harsha Mess diagonally opposite Maitrivanam Ameerpet. But they serve non-veg too.

Your inputs are highly appreciated. Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 07:41   #6221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I came back from office via DLF today evening and I think Kairali is still closed. An unlit board was still there but nothing else.
Its closed. I called him to ask if they will do Onam Sadhya this time around. He told me that its closed and it did not sound as if they are reopening anytime soon.
Old 29th August 2014, 07:56   #6222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How many of you tried Ruci & Adoni for continental food? I have visited it many times in last few months and absolutely love the food. Like the Harley tax, being an Ohri's outlet you pay taxes through the nose (30%) so its quite an expensive place
Never tried it, is it in Ohri's @ Banjara Hills or some place else?

Had ravioli from Little Italy near Cyber Towers last month - it was good in spite of being veg

Last edited by zenren : 29th August 2014 at 07:59.
Old 29th August 2014, 09:33   #6223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Hi Friends, any suggestions on 1) Authentic Gujarathi Thali anywhere in Hyd 2) Pure Vegetarian Andhra meals. I mean the mess type tasty , fresh food. I used to frequent Harsha Mess diagonally opposite Maitrivanam Ameerpet. But they serve non-veg too.
Gujarati Thali
1. Please enter a lane right opposite to KFC on Ranigunj Road, Secunderabad. They serve specials for lunch on Sundays

2. All time famous Gujju Thali is in lane right outside Pragati Degree College, Boggulkunta ( Abids area)

3. There is another Gujju place in the same road little closer to erstwhile Royal Theatre ( you can ask people when you reach there)

Andhra Thali
Pure Veg Mess type thali is really tough to find as most folks prefer NV so mess have to cater to them. Even if you find a pure veg mess it will be some small unknown outlet somewhere hidden in some corner of the city

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Never tried it, is it in Ohri's @ Banjara Hills or some place else?
This place is behind City Center Mall on Rd.No.10 and Rd.No. 1 ( hundred meters inside from Rd.No.1). Landmark is Opp to Rainbow Childrens hospital or next to Karvy Office

I find most of the food here quite delectable

Yesterday we visited another favorite pizzeria in town ( Pizza Hut, Secunderabad) and enjoyed some awesome pizzas

Unique pizza. Veg Kebab Crown Royale. Looks great but, tasted just ok

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_20140828_215507_edit.jpg

Mexicana Chicken. This was outstanding

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_20140828_215456_edit.jpg

Veg Margarita. This was also lovely

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_20140828_215820_edit1.jpg
Old 29th August 2014, 17:58   #6224
BHPian

Quote:
Can anybody tell me where can I get good Fish biryani for take away ?

Preferred places : Kukatpally, hitech city to Paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The only place i have ever had good Fish Biryani is at Fish Land, Ameerpet.
Quote:
Thank you Waseem bhai. Will try it out today.
Quote:
Fishland used to be an amazing place maybe 5 years ago.

But, now its more or less like a mess in terms of their ambience and food quality

Abhi,did you try the fish biryani there? I hear another good place to have Fish Biryani is Spicy Venue at Jubilee Hills.
Abhi_abarth, so how was Fishland's fish biryani? No report or feedback or review for the benefit of others.

Avinash, Waseem had suggested Fishland at Ameerpet which is still an amazing place which serves good food and is 100% family friendly.

The Lakdi Ka Pul one may be like a mess but certainly not Ameerpet which is located on the main road itself on your left just before Big Bazar comes on your left while going from Punjagutta to Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar.

If you recollect, we had ordered food from Ameerpet branch last year at Neel's place and the food really rocked.
Old 31st August 2014, 22:43   #6225
BHPian

Disclaimer: I am not a foodie. On the other contrary, I am told that I have a 'manufacturing defect' and I cannot differentiate different tastes. Because of the above, for the food I'll be putting in review comments of my father and my wife who are both foodies.

I went to have dinner at Moti Mahal, Hitech City. I had called at 7:30pm to reserve a table for 5 and they were very happy to oblige. When I went there at 8:00pm, the restaurant was probably 50% occupied (probably because it was raining, and also because it was a long weekend).

We were promptly seated. The staff was quite friendly and all smiles. We ordered 'Kali Mirch' soup and 'Dahi ke Kabab' for starters. The service was pretty quick - within 10 mins the food was there. The soup, as expected, was super spicy, and I guess my dormant taste buds actually woke up. The kebabs were soft and very well cooked.

For the main course we ordered Paneer Lababdaar with Dal and rotis while we were having the soup. The food was there on the table before we finished with it! Super fast service. Now I don't know if this was because the restaurant was not fully occupied, or if they are always this efficient.

The main course was good. They serve Dal in katori. I found this a good touch. And they also have a mixed pickle on the table that my wife and father liked a lot. The total damage for the above plus one lassi and mineral water was approx Rs 1350. I found it quite reasonable.

In the end it was an evening well spent on good food. What better way to say - "Thank God its Monday"

Most Viewed