Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2023, 16:57   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Running / Marathon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Pashan NDA is nice rolling - good place for sunday longs. I’ve run there a fair few times too since my base when I’m visiting Pune is usually Baner area.

TMM 21k is a nice route (compared to their 10k). All the best for that - I’ll be running TMM too.
TMM 10k was totally flat. Nearly 20-25 seconds per km jump in pace compared to any loop in Poona. For me at least.

I would LOVE to do a sub 2 hour HM (based on my 10K time) but I do realise that it is more than twice the distance.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 17:20   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
In training for my first Half Marathon
I don't know what is your current fitness level, or normal weekly mileage. But do remember to keep your legs fresh for race day. Since you are using Strava, keep an eye on the Fitness/Fatigue/Form metric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I would LOVE to do a sub 2 hour HM (based on my 10K time) but I do realise that it is more than twice the distance.
Sub 2-hour HM needs about 5:40/km pace. I think you need to be able to do 57-58 minute 10k (realistically, even slightly faster than that) to do sub 2-hour HM. You can certainly do it with proper training before your event in January. When I did my first sub 2-hour HM, I did the first 10k @55 mins and the second 10k @53. But currently, I struggle to break 70 mins on a 10k

Last edited by StarrySky : 18th September 2023 at 17:21.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 17:30   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I don't know what is your current fitness level, or normal weekly mileage. But do remember to keep your legs fresh for race day. Since you are using Strava, keep an eye on the Fitness/Fatigue/Form metric.

Sub 2-hour HM needs about 5:40/km pace. I think you need to be able to do 57-58 minute 10k (realistically, even slightly faster than that) to do sub 2-hour HM. When I did my first sub 2-hour HM, I did the first 10k @55 mins and the second 10k @53. But currently, I struggle to break 70 mins on a 10k
Current fitness is nowhere close to my peak last December coming into this January. When I was running a 10K at 6:15-6:20 and a 5k at 6:08.

I'm running about 25-30 km a week currently, 3-4 runs. Mostly 5k runs (around 33-35 min) with a long weekend run.

I did a 12k yesterday and a 10k the Sunday earlier at around 7:20-7:25 pace.

So ya, what you are saying about a sub 2 hour HM is definitely looking a long long way off right now. Although I do still have just under 4 months in hand to train. And the added advantage of pace that Bombay offers over Poona might just kick in at the end.
Old 8th October 2023, 20:38   #334
Team-BHP Support

WOW!!!! 2:00:35!!

A new world record set at Chicago today by Kelvin Kiptum. I’m pretty sure we’re going to see the 2 hr mark broken very soon at this rate (outside controlled conditions I mean, in an actual race).

I’m sure the weather played ball as well judging from messages yesterday from some friends running it although its not exactly pan flat and a routine WR setting course.

https://www.nbcsports.com/olympics/n...icago-marathon
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 22:22   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
WOW!!!! 2:00:35!!

A new world record set at Chicago today by Kelvin Kiptum.

I’m pretty sure we’re going to see the 2 hr mark broken very soon at this rate (outside controlled conditions I mean, in an actual race).
If it wasn't for the last steep ascent just around 1:59:00 he would have easily been even more close to finishing it in 2hrs. He is certainly going to be a tough competitor for Kipchoge in the upcoming next year Paris Olympics. I would be surprised if he doesn't beat him and also breaks the Marathon WR.

Also, what Sifan Hassan is doing is just amazing! She has been racing in various distances over the last few seasons and seldom has she not won or atleast not be on the podium.

Here's a video of what he just did.

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 8th October 2023 at 22:28.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 09:55   #336
BHPian

Almost 4 months after his incredible historic milestone in the Chicago Marathon, Kelvin Kiptum is no more. What a shocking news and it was only time which could have told us what he could have achieved. If only; Rest in peace.

ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 11:58   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Very tragic end to a promising career. His coach was also killed in the same crash and which makes it a double whammy. 24 years is no age to go and that too in such a manner. Rest in peace Kelvin Kiptum and Gervais Hakizimana .
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks