Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2018, 10:02   #211
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Running / Marathon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
It would be nice if the same club can include running and cycling. as it is it has limited members. differentiating run and bike doesn't make sense. perhaps the admin could expand this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
That is a good idea. I would definitely join the group.
The group now includes running as well. Please join the group and we can all connect.
Old 19th November 2018, 10:15   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Great choice Solang Ultra. I am quite intrigued by the various Hell's race events and want to do one at some point. Wanted to do Solang at some point but 2018 / 19 have both had conflicting events for me.
Solang is quite an event. I would call it the one true skyrunning race in India. I ran it in 2017 and it was an amazing experience. Though I was DNF.

Now that the race is ITRA certified, 2018 saw a lot of runners from all over India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
The group now includes running as well. Please join the group and we can all connect.
Thanks! I've just sent a request.
Old 27th November 2018, 13:49   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Any bhpians doing the Pune International Marathon this Sunday? If so do give me a holler. Would be happy to connect.

P.s. I will be collecting the bib in Saturday, towards the latter half.
Old 28th November 2018, 06:58   #214
Senior - BHPian

Well I would be running10k under the corporate event. Have not yet received the SMS though regarding my bib number etc.
Old 28th November 2018, 07:49   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Well I would be running10k under the corporate event. Have not yet received the SMS though regarding my bib number etc.
Awesome! PM me once you get it - would be happy to meet up, even if for a few minutes Both 21 and 10 start 20 mins apart so that work too if possible.
Old 3rd December 2018, 14:28   #216
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread for the question, but have anyone used KIPRUN LONG MEN'S RUNNING SHOES from Decathalon?

I am looking for a pair of running shoes and is really confused with the options in the market.

I brought a running shoe from Amazon ( Puma Unisex Forest Night Black Running Shoes) some time back, but the shoes are not comfortable and I am getting pain in my foot if I run for more than 30 minutes.

On the other hand, I have a pair of Skechers sneakers which is really comfortable and I am using it for my daily runs.

Now, I want to buy a pair of proper running shoes and is really confused after seeing multiple options from Skechers\Ascis etc - so, the question is, should I pick something from Skechers\Ascis or should I go and pick a pair from Decathalon?

I run around 3 to 8 km daily and do occasional 10-12 km runs, on mud tracks and asphalt.

Please help.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 3rd December 2018 at 14:30.
Old 3rd December 2018, 14:51   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread for the question, but have anyone used KIPRUN LONG MEN'S RUNNING SHOES from Decathalon?
Shoes sold at Decathlon are not of great quality. I will always suggest to stick to likes of Asics, Nike, Adidas or Reebok when you are looking for running shoes.

Also, it is important to know your running style, before making a purchase.

You should go to your near by Asics store, and get your gait analysis done. Will help you decide the kind of shoe you should purchase based on your running form.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd December 2018 at 16:05. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:17   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Shoes sold at Decathlon are not of great quality. I will always suggest to stick to likes of Asics, Nike, Adidas or Reebok when you are looking for running shoes.

Also, it is important to know your running style, before making a purchase.

You should go to your near by Asics store, and get your gait analysis done. Will help you decide the kind of shoe you should purchase based on your running form.
One thing which gravitated my choice towards Decathlon was the possibility of my gait analysis getting done - have read somewhere that Decathlon has experienced sales staff who will suggest shoes based on your running style.

Good to know that I can get the same done in the Asics store also - but what stops me from going there is the high MRP of Asics shoes. my budget is a modest 6K - not sure if I will find an Asics which suits me in that budget.

Is there any place in Bangalore where I can get the gait analysis done for a fee so that I can shop around for a good deal across Skechers\Asics\New Balance?

--Anoop
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:20   #219
BHPian

Quote:
One thing which gravitated my choice towards Decathlon was the possibility of my gait analysis getting done - have read somewhere that Decathlon has experienced sales staff who will suggest shoes based on your running style.

Good to know that I can get the same done in the Asics store also - but what stops me from going there is the high MRP of Asics shoes. my budget is a modest 6K - not sure if I will find an Asics which suits me in that budget.

Is there any place in Bangalore where I can get the gait analysis done for a fee so that I can shop around for a good deal across Skechers\Asics\New Balance?

--Anoop
You have great offers on flipkart and amazon for Asics shoes through out the year. These are typically one year older models which are perfectly fine. Just get the gait analysis done at Asics, check your shoe size, and buy online. This is what I do always
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:52   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I am looking for a pair of running shoes and is really confused with the options in the market.
I have been using the Kiprun LD shoes the past three years. They have worked well for me. For the running volume that you have, I think they should work well. But I had done a gait analysis based on internet articles (not at Decathlon) and chose neutral shoes.

I am planning to get a proper gait analysis and maybe change over to Asics shoes when the current pair wears.
Old 3rd December 2018, 18:32   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You have great offers on flipkart and amazon for Asics shoes through out the year. These are typically one year older models which are perfectly fine. Just get the gait analysis done at Asics, check your shoe size, and buy online. This is what I do always
Thank you - will try the same approach
Quote:
I have been using the Kiprun LD shoes the past three years. They have worked well for me. For the running volume that you have, I think they should work well. But I had done a gait analysis based on internet articles (not at Decathlon) and chose neutral shoes.

I am planning to get a proper gait analysis and maybe change over to Asics shoes when the current pair wears.
Thank you - so, I will keep the Kiprun long as my backup option, in case Ascis didn't work out.

--Anoop
Old 4th December 2018, 21:42   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I would take the in-store gait analysis with a pinch of salt. I had my gait analyzed from a running speciality store in the US and bought a pair of shoes suggested by them. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. A few months down the lane I got diagnosed for plantar fasciitis and I am pretty sure the shoes had a role to play in that.

After months of recovery, I started running again using normal Nike running shoes, which I had picked up purely based on looks . Thankfully I haven't faced any issues post the switch.

I am not sure if there are any proper "sports medicine" facility which does gait analysis in India. If so, it would be worthwhile to try that, even if it would require some payment.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th December 2018 at 21:57. Reason: Firefox spacing issue.
Old 5th December 2018, 10:10   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone coming for the Vasai Virar marathon coming weekend? We can try and meet.

Also, I am driving from Pune, want to know the situation of Ghodbandar road/NH-8 junction. Is the bridge stlll being repaired? And is there a huge traffic jam while turning right onto NH-8? Any particular time of day will be better to cross this junction?

Last edited by anandpadhye : 5th December 2018 at 10:12.
Old 10th January 2019, 11:18   #224
BANNED

Guys... Can we have a quick show of hands of those running the Mumbai race (half) on 20th? I know that Axe77 is going to be there. It would be nice to know who else is going. We can have a mini meet at the venue.

Cheers.
Old 10th January 2019, 11:22   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Maybe we can create a strava group. Team bhp ians on strava. Anyone keen anywhere in india can join.

Thoughts?
I am in. You want to be the admin?

Most Viewed