Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 13:49   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Running / Marathon Thread

Managed to PR the Pleasanton (Calif.) Half Marathon at 1:45.46.

This puts me in corral C for October's Chicago Marathon. Hoping to crack 1:37.59 time to see if I can make it to corral B.
Old 12th May 2013, 13:59   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Hey thanks man for all the help. Actually I ordered it to my friend's place in UK from wiggle itself. He will be coming to India next month.
And I ordered the water-proof one, would be of help during those rafting trips to rishikesh
Haha, good call man. I'm sure you'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Nicely done Fountainheader! Good pace.
Old 19th May 2013, 02:16   #93
Senior - BHPian

Today I ran my very first half marathon! Clocked a time of 2:07:45 - and to be honest I'm super pleased. Conditions were hard with dry 29°C heat, followed by a drenching thunderstorm with hail, rounded off with overcast and heavy humidity!

Started training properly on the 1st of January for this and clocked about 250 kms of outdoor running before race day. Also did core training and watched my diet. Running in the winter was NOT fun but knowing all that prep helped today feels really really good.

Last edited by anekho : 19th May 2013 at 02:17.
Old 21st May 2013, 02:54   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Today I ran my very first half marathon! Clocked a time of 2:07:45 - and to be honest I'm super pleased. Conditions were hard with dry 29°C heat, followed by a drenching thunderstorm with hail, rounded off with overcast and heavy humidity!

Started training properly on the 1st of January for this and clocked about 250 kms of outdoor running before race day. Also did core training and watched my diet. Running in the winter was NOT fun but knowing all that prep helped today feels really really good.
Congratulations anekho! 2:07 is a great time for a debut Half Marathon.
Old 21st May 2013, 22:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Posterior Tibial Tendon injury :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post

This puts me in corral C for October's Chicago Marathon. Hoping to crack 1:37.59 time to see if I can make it to corral B.
That is a cracking performance man. Best of luck for these stiff targets!

On a side note, I need help from folks here, I seem to have picked up my first running injury:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00166

So while leaving the gym last Thursday, in my energetic run out, I kinda stepped badly on a side railing while avoiding someone who was entering, and I instinctively knew I had done something stupid.

Funnily, I am perfectly okay walking barefoot but walking around lots in formal shoes or running (to the aircraft gate) makes it flare up a bit.

I am okay on flat surfaces, but climbing up or down stairs is a bit of a pain.

There is no flat foot as talked about in a few places.

There is some visible veins (not seen on the other foot) and some swelling.
The Running / Marathon Thread-ankle-issues.jpg

I am worrying that this will be another 10k spent on X-rays, MRIs, doctors. Or is it a simple injury while running, I cut back on walking (take up swimming for a while) and let nature do its job? My current mad travel schedule isn't too kind either! Anyone been in my kinda soup?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by phamilyman : 21st May 2013 at 22:35.
Old 1st July 2013, 13:21   #96

How many of us have regisered for Hyderabad marathon. And how many of us have enrolled for full/half.
Since start and end points are different, wanted some advise from Hyd locals on what is more appropriate place to stay. Also is there some shuttle service between start and end points.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:12   #97
Senior - BHPian

So yesterday I ran the Dreamrunners Chennai Half Marathon - my first ever run in India, and second half marathon!

Clocked a time of 2:19:40. Absolutely zero training for the 2 weeks that led up to the event and it showed - 12-ish minutes slower than my now PR of 2:07:45.

All in all a very well organized event. It was fun running through Madras that early in the morning.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:23   #98
BHPian

I plan to run the Hyderabad marathon too. I hear from folks who ran it in prior years that the course is generally punishing with lots of flyovers. Please plan your training accordingly.

Shyam
Old 10th July 2013, 18:00   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawaal View Post
How many of us have regisered for Hyderabad marathon. And how many of us have enrolled for full/half.
Since start and end points are different, wanted some advise from Hyd locals on what is more appropriate place to stay. Also is there some shuttle service between start and end points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
I plan to run the Hyderabad marathon too. I hear from folks who ran it in prior years that the course is generally punishing with lots of flyovers. Please plan your training accordingly.

Shyam
As part of the organising committee, I can tell you that we market our run as "India's Toughest City Marathon" . So please do some flyover or hill repeats if want to ace the race .

As regards to stay, I would suggest closer to start point as you'll get shuttle to come back to the start point.

Cheers
Old 11th July 2013, 11:30   #100
BHPian

Thanks Milecruncher. I am beefing up those calf muscles with flyover repeats and stuff.

Do say a Hi to Rajesh Vetcha and remind his of the fun that we had while doing the NY marathon in 2007.

Hope to be there at the starting point this year.

Shyam
Old 5th August 2013, 14:54   #101

Just wanted to check if due to Telangana the event has been postponed/cancelled. Just wanted to be double sure if everything is in place and on schedule. Heard some rumors from some Hyd. friends that the reschedule of the event might happen this week. So want to get this confirmed.
Old 27th August 2013, 10:04   #102

Guys,

Who all participated in AHM 2013 (Full/Half). After completing the marathon i would completely agree that this was one of the most difficult city marathons i have ever participated. Achieving your personal best is very difficult here.
Old 26th September 2013, 19:21   #103
BHPian

Hey guys, just saw this poster at my office and thought it would be useful for anyone interested in Bangalore. Titled "The Dream Mile" at EPIP Zone, Whitefield, Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
The Running / Marathon Thread-dream-mile.jpg  

Old 26th September 2013, 23:02   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Hey guys, just saw this poster at my office and thought it would be useful for anyone interested in Bangalore. Titled "The Dream Mile" at EPIP Zone, Whitefield, Bangalore
You have posted an old advertisement brother. The event date is SEPTEMBER 8TH as given on the poster! You are nearly 20 days late. Thanks for the post nonetheless!
Old 27th October 2013, 20:06   #105
BHPian

I have entered the world of half-marathons. I participated in Vasai-Virar Mayor's Marathon today and completed in 2:36:17. The organizers had done a very good job. Residents of Vasai, Nallasopara and Virar were very encouraging.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks