Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 18:53   #1771
BHPian

Bandits is a decent movie, you will enjoy it. I am partial to Blanchett, so maybe biased, but it is a decent heist/ action movie. Watch out for Billy bob Thornton as well. The twist in the end is predictable, but still works. Should I tell you the plot? Hehe....I would rate it 4/5 and it is definitly worth a watch.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:10   #1772
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone seen "The Green Mile".. one of the best Tom Hanks movie! Absolutely wonderful in every way!
Old 24th February 2010, 19:49   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

2. 3D glasses strained the hell out of my eyes and wifey too was complaining. It was too tight. My wife's glass piece fell off during the first couple of minutes into the movie....LOL. So, i went out and got a new one for her
One reason that i could think of, but may not be true for your strained eyes is, you may have tried to look at the out of focus part more often rather than focused one. There have been reports that because of this, many people get eye strain while watching 3D.

I read this somewhere online, i never faced it so i don't know. apparently, people with specs are not suppose to fell eye-strain.
Old 24th February 2010, 20:21   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Has anyone seen "The Green Mile".. one of the best Tom Hanks movie! Absolutely wonderful in every way!

Yes +100 to that, It is an absolutely gem of a movie, only few characters in the film, and a story well adapted from Stephen Kings novel.It is a movie which makes you think, cry and all sort of emotions.Relationships portrayed are just brilliant. There is so much to convey without expressing , is what this movie has achieved. Hats off.

In fact, its a movie from the director Frank Darabont, who has also directed Shawshank redemption.
Old 24th February 2010, 20:43   #1775
BHPian

Watched :

"In the loop" - British movie, a bit like a documentary drama on TV. but good enough as comedy about behind scenes war planning.My wife didnt like it too much .

(500) Days of summer : Nicely made. Refreshing. And it is NOT a love story as the tagline says.Watch it.

Bad Lieutenant : Port of Call: Nicolas cage is brilliant as a drug addicted bad copper you love. He is good at the role of playing a disconnected , corrupt cop. Guys watch it.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:02   #1776
Senior - BHPian

Just finished watching Inglourious Basterds.

Typical Tarantino Flick with blood and gore (not as much as Kill Bill). But what I liked most about the movie was the segmentation into chapters and acting of Brad Pitt (especially his southern accent) as Lt Aldo Raine & Christoph Waltz as Col. Hans Landa. I really liked the twist in the tell at the end.

Over all: 4/5
Old 25th February 2010, 07:34   #1777
BHPian

Watched "Fantastic Mr. Fox" last night, was funny. George Clooney's dubbing for the lead character is really good. Btw this movie is the list of this year's Oscar nominees for best animation picture.
Old 25th February 2010, 15:18   #1778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Bandits is a decent movie, you will enjoy it. I am partial to Blanchett, so maybe biased, but it is a decent heist/ action movie. Watch out for Billy bob Thornton as well. The twist in the end is predictable, but still works. Should I tell you the plot? Hehe....I would rate it 4/5 and it is definitly worth a watch.
I got a start into this movie but, couldnt watch it beyond 10 minutes due to some other work. Whatever i saw seemed pretty good. BBT was hilarious and got some great funny lines

Plan to finish it today/tomorrow.
Old 25th February 2010, 16:39   #1779
BANNED

"Twilight" - will never recommend it to anyone, not trying to hate but this is typical Hollywood garbage. I think the target audience for this film and films like it is "high schoolers" so i hope the teens would love watching this, otherwise I feel sorry for rest of the audience.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:41   #1780

I watch 5-7 movies every weekend usually. This past weekend, I watched these:

Malice in Wonderland (comedy, romance, paranormal) - Good movie, with nice story line. The theme, backgrounds, sounds, direction, colors, effects blend in finely. An unexpected and pleasant ending. 5/5

No.End.in.Sight.2007 +
911InPlaneSiteTheDirectorsCut + Weapons.of.Mass.Deception.2004 (documentaries, whistleblowers) - Hard hitting documentaries on pre-, post- and ongoing US - Iraq - 911 - events, well documented, full of interviews of common men, women and high profile officials from UN, US, Iraq, and more. Though I had done my research since past year, some of the content still came as new. 5/5

KPax
(sci-fi, drama) - Nice movie. Kevin Spacey has delivered it really well. The story line is decent, a bit slow but periodic moments of exciting dialogues resume its interesting flavor. 4/5

Under the Mountain
(horror) - Ok/Ok movie. Story line is ok. Acting is ok. Nothing special in this one. Horror is below average. 2/5

Superman.Batman.Public.Enemies.2009 (animation, superheros) - Yea, I know none of you might still like toons or animation stuff. Please skip this if you like

I had ALL seasons and series of Superman, Batman, Justice League series in nearly 2 big boxes of DVDs. And yeah have Smallville too.. I think they are awesome.

Now coming back to this movie, this is a nice watchable movie. Though I didn't liked the built-up of Superman. Clark never have looked like this in any of the releases. Man! 3/5

Paranormal.Activity (horror, horror, horror) - At first when I saw this movie come out, I read the reviews ( which I Always do for any movie I add to my collection ), I thought it was another junk, exorcist type movie.

Happened to get it from a friend and so watched it. Looked like a normal camera recording in the beginning, no special props, no effects, plain simple set in a house - well, btw the whole movie happens in one room, for majority of the portion. And this one proved me wrong. This showed how even a simple set up, simple acts can freak the sh** out. 5/5

Hello...Hum.lallann.Bol.Rahe.Hain.2010 (comedy, bit of drama, family) - A pretty decent and well made movie. I do not watch hindi movies generally but my movie stock was nearly out. So I decided to take a risk of 2+ hours, and I think it was just fine. 3/5

Raat.Gayi.Baat.Gayi.2010 (comedy, family) - Nice movie from the combination of Rajat Kapoor and Vinay Pathak. Felt it was a bit slow in the start, but the pace really caught up and the whole play took good momentum with bursts of laughter and smiles. 4/5

Best Regards,
iVictor
Old 26th February 2010, 11:10   #1781
BHPian

The echelon Conspiracy: Awful is the word for this one. Starts out decent, but loses the audience pretty soon. Lame story, bad acting (Ving Rhames is quite good, but completely wasted in this one), flaccid action and predictable twists lay what could have been a decent plot to waste. After a point, I hoped it would have a terminator style it-has-become-self-aware kinda twist. The climax is the best (worst!!!) of the whole lot. Smooth talking a super computer out of an upgrade is too much to handle even for a self-confessed lover of dumb, cheesy movies.

Rating: 1/5. Avoid it.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:54   #1782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
The echelon Conspiracy: Awful is the word for this one. Starts out decent, but loses the audience pretty soon. Lame story, bad acting (Ving Rhames is quite good, but completely wasted in this one), flaccid action and predictable twists lay what could have been a decent plot to waste. After a point, I hoped it would have a terminator style it-has-become-self-aware kinda twist. The climax is the best (worst!!!) of the whole lot. Smooth talking a super computer out of an upgrade is too much to handle even for a self-confessed lover of dumb, cheesy movies.

Rating: 1/5. Avoid it.
Ving Rhames in a bad movie? I like this guy. He resurrected even a lamish kind of zombie movie that i saw recently, not able to recall the name of that one.
Old 26th February 2010, 14:14   #1783
BHPian

anurag - you are wrong about echelon conspiracy.
i would rate it 0/5
man, i searching for words to describe the experiance.

saw "journey to the edge of universe",the best space documentary till date.
a must watch for star gazers.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:16   #1784
Senior - BHPian

5/5

Just finished watching 'FROM PARIS WITH LOVE'

awesome movie. just loved the action, great comedy with enjoyable characters and nice twists and turns to keep guessing throughout the movie. The car chase scene is one of the best i have seen showing audi a8 chase a volvo xc70.

First half is usually the same for this kinda movies, but 2nd half takes a different direction. Did i say its a very fast action movie. Just keeps you on the toes.

Anyway, I don't want to give anything else away so I'll just say go and see it...in the very least you'll have a great time !!!
Old 26th February 2010, 18:01   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
"Twilight" - will never recommend it to anyone, not trying to hate but this is typical Hollywood garbage. I think the target audience for this film and films like it is "high schoolers" so i hope the teens would love watching this, otherwise I feel sorry for rest of the audience.
Twilight is one of the crappiest movies that I have seen. Lame plot and lousy acting. I stopped the movie halfway and didn't watch the rest of it. Don't understand what the hype is about.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks