Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 21:22   #1921
BHPian

Recently watched - Phonebooth. I know it's an old one, but the plot really gripped me, and I actually skipped my daily evening basketball for it.
Old 17th March 2010, 09:23   #1922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Saw Munich today.

Based on events post the 1972 olympics in which Israeli athletes were kidnapped and murdered, the movie is about Mossaad's revenge. Found the movie slightly long (165mins) and the revenge too easy at times. But it was nice. 2.75 stars
. It was dragging on and on and on. But quite an interesting movie nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Perhaps horror genre fans can do themselves a favour by watching 1408. Quite a good film based on a Stephen King story. No actual creepy aliens or other stuff but quite chilling nevertheless. I watched the version with the alternate ending.
What was the alternate ending? You can PM me the gist (don't want to offend those who haven't seen it already)
Old 17th March 2010, 09:55   #1923
Senior - BHPian

I watched it on some channel sometime back. I want to see if I can get an HD version with better sound. And yes, where do I get the version with alternate ending?
Old 17th March 2010, 10:26   #1924
Senior - BHPian

I watched Shelock Holmes last week. Was waiting to watch it on HT. The story line is as actuals, if anyone knows it, except for the fact that the aftermath continues till today as against what was depeicted as 'stopped' by Holmes.

I was surprised at Sherlock being potryed as a filty, unhygenic drunkard who fights at will in fight clubs and closed rings. I do not remember his personality like that in whatever limited books I read pertaining to him.

I found the presentation was good. Sherlock could have been played by someone better. Dr. Watson's charater was perfect.

I don't think I would watch it once more. Having said that, it is by no means a waste of time or will not bore you even for a second.
Old 17th March 2010, 10:41   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Perhaps horror genre fans can do themselves a favour by watching 1408. Quite a good film based on a Stephen King story. No actual creepy aliens or other stuff but quite chilling nevertheless. I watched the version with the alternate ending.
+1 to it; the entire screenplay is gripping and chilling. What's the alternate ending by the way; would you mind PMing me?
Old 17th March 2010, 15:16   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Over the last extended weekend, I saw two Brit movies, one drama and another one a black comedy

1. The Damned United -The movie is set in early 70's and is a true story of Football Manager who helps a 2nd Division FC into the first league and then moves to Leeds United which at time was the EPL champion. Martin Sheen as Brian Clough is amazing and has a heavy Northern Accent. All in all a good movie Rating: 3.5/5

2. In the Loop - This black comedy is set in the period just before the Invasion of Iraq and deals with how truth is manufactured and how people switch sides just to save their backsides. The incessant swearing is also one of the highlights of the movie. Rating: 3.5/5 ( deducted .5 due to the swearing)
Old 17th March 2010, 15:59   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
The Damned United -The movie is set in early 70's and is a true story of Football Manager who helps a 2nd Division FC into the first league and then moves to Leeds United which at time was the EPL champion. Martin Sheen as Brian Clough is amazing and has a heavy Northern Accent. All in all a good movie Rating: 3.5/5
It is based on David Peace's bestselling novel, and largely fictional. Based on Brian Clough's ("The best manager England never had") tumultous 44-day rein at Leeds United (author's speculation on what might have happened). Brian clough is played by Michael Sheen, not Martin, he is a legendary actor but would be too old to play this character. Michael Sheen has done a great job, though (anyone remember Lucian in Underworld?)
Old 17th March 2010, 16:03   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
It is based on David Peace's bestselling novel, and largely fictional. Based on Brian Clough's ("The best manager England never had") tumultous 44-day rein at Leeds United (author's speculation on what might have happened). Brian clough is played by Michael Sheen, not Martin, he is a legendary actor but would be too old to play this character. Michael Sheen has done a great job, though (anyone remember Lucian in Underworld?)
Yup Michael Sheen, my bad.

Few of his other movies that I liked are The Queen and Frost /Nixon.
Old 17th March 2010, 16:41   #1929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Why do you need the Bigflix store location? If your opting for 1-CD plan. You need to send pick-up request and they collect at your doorstep, very promptly.

This pick-up request can be done either on their website or via. SMS. However, a point to remember, if you want a new DVD delivered next day, this request has to go through before Midnight.
Cool, that sounds good, will check it out soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
Sin City is based on the comics, and the narrative is also similar. Its a good movie if you are a comic lover. Even i watched it recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If gore troubles you, then you may avoid sin city. Its a masterpiece, but just like Kill bill, too much blood can be put off for some.
Oh Kill Bill is one of my All time favorite movies, So Sincity is now a must watch on my list
Old 17th March 2010, 18:05   #1930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Oh Kill Bill is one of my All time favorite movies, So Sincity is now a must watch on my list
Mine too. As a matter of fact, there is a particular scene between Michael Madsen and Club Owner ( Larry something) in KB-2.

I love that scene so much that i know the entire dialogue delivery by heart. It surely teaches you how to thoroughly insult a person ( in this case, Michael)
Old 17th March 2010, 19:18   #1931
Senior - BHPian

I've never been very fond of Nicolas Cage, but I still sat down to Trapped In Paradise last night. Splendid movie! Amongst the best comedies I have seen in a while. Nicolas, along with Jon Lovitz and Dana Carvey comprise the three main protagonists, who play brothers involved in an amateurish bank robbery. The story involves a series of hilarious twists and turns and Carvey and especially Lovitz are lovable as bumbling thieves. The dialogues are very cleverly written. A must watch for those who like simple, delightful humour.

Another movie that I watched a few days back and really loved, is The Birdcage. I searched this thread and read another user's opinion that Bheja Fry is loosely based on this story, but I doubt it. I have watched Bheja Fry in bits and pieces. The Birdcage is named after a gay nightclub in the movie that is owned by the gay couple comprising Robin Williams and Nathan Lane. All hell breaks loose once Williams' son from his previous straight marriage decides to wed a girl from a conservative family and Williams and Lane have to pretend that theirs is a straight household. Hank Azaria plays a fantastic supporting part as a "housemaid". Awesome movie!
Old 17th March 2010, 19:29   #1932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I searched this thread and read another user's opinion that Bheja Fry is loosely based on this story, but I doubt it. I have watched Bheja Fry in bits and pieces.
Bheja Fry is a straight rip-off from a French Movie "Le Diner De Cons" Le dīner de cons (1998)
Old 17th March 2010, 19:43   #1933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Bheja Fry is a straight rip-off from a French Movie "Le Diner De Cons" Le dīner de cons (1998)
Oh, ok. I misunderstood it for some other French Movie.
Old 17th March 2010, 19:47   #1934
BHPian

Watched " The Rise of the foot soldier" , a true story, Loved the movie. I like all movies by Guy Ritchie.
Old 17th March 2010, 22:53   #1935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Watched " The Rise of the foot soldier" , a true story, Loved the movie. I like all movies by Guy Ritchie.
Elaborate more with ratings please.

@B&T- Birdcage is a very simple and delightful movie indeed. Robin williams is too good in such roles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks