Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 13:40   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Watched this Norwegian horror movie Dead Snow (Norwegian is Død snø i prefer to call it DUD SNOW).Movie is nothing new, same old stuff, Group of friends goes for a picnic in snows, get attacked by WWII Nazi Zombies( with lots of Blood intestines and brains).
Nothing much, just another horror movie, no need to learn Norwegian, even without subtitles one can get whats happening
Old 30th March 2010, 14:03   #2012
BHPian

I watched Dod Sno recently. It was disppointing as I had high expectations from it. Basically the movie is nothing but Sam Raimi, Lucio Fulci and Peter Jackson (Brain dead era) worship. I loved the arm chopping scene towards the end though.

If you want to watch a really entertaining Zombie flick then watch Brain Dead aka Dead Alive directed by Peter(LOTR) Jackson. One of the funniest yet goriest films ever made!
Old 30th March 2010, 14:42   #2013
Senior - BHPian

yeah watched this Brain Dead thing some years back...but will watch it again.Nice stupid stuff , it should be called a gory comedy than horror comedy.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:41   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Concur that. Simply superb.

Also 'Good Will Hunting' and 'The Pursuit of Happyness' is a must watch. Love those two.
Apparently, Good Will Hunting idea was conceived by Matt Damon and his childhood friend Ben affleck.I presume this was their first movie and also it won an oscar.

A must watch movie !
Old 1st April 2010, 07:21   #2015
BHPian

Caught up Movie: Se7en

Starring: Morgan Freeman; Brad Pitt and a surprise character ; if you havent seen the movie ( I don't want to reveal the plot though) The movie is well thought off and Is about two detectives, One who is about to retire and other hotshot trying to solve murder case of a serial killer.

Rating 4/5

Wolf: Starring Jack Nicholson;

A very good movie with brilliant performance from Jack Nicholson.; Who turns into a wolf. It is not the werewolf kind but has a very good story about the whole phenomenon of Wolf attack.
Old 1st April 2010, 15:29   #2016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Caught up Movie: Se7en

Starring: Morgan Freeman; Brad Pitt and a surprise character ; if you havent seen the movie ( I don't want to reveal the plot though) The movie is well thought off and Is about two detectives, One who is about to retire and other hotshot trying to solve murder case of a serial killer.

Rating 4/5

Wolf: Starring Jack Nicholson;

A very good movie with brilliant performance from Jack Nicholson.; Who turns into a wolf. It is not the werewolf kind but has a very good story about the whole phenomenon of Wolf attack.
Both are heck of a nice movies.

I am glad you remembered to mention the surprise character in Seven.

Last time around somebody forgot to mention him and some of us here almost bit his head off
Old 1st April 2010, 15:52   #2017
BHPian

Watched The World's Fastest Indian starring Anthony Hopkins. It is a story of an old man who has spent years modding his 1920 Indian to break the land speed record. This is a truly inspirational story and is based on a true story, a must watch for all.

My rating : 5/5
Old 1st April 2010, 16:04   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Watched The World's Fastest Indian starring Anthony Hopkins. It is a story of an old man who has spent years modding his 1920 Indian to break the land speed record. This is a truly inspirational story and is based on a true story, a must watch for all.

My rating : 5/5

Guess you watched it yesterday on TV. Me too! This is the 4th or 5th time I am watching this and it is still a spell bounder!

I have the DVD of this; need to dig it out!
Old 1st April 2010, 19:59   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Both are heck of a nice movies.

I am glad you remembered to mention the surprise character in Seven.

Last time around somebody forgot to mention him and some of us here almost bit his head off

That was hilarious.! How I can i Forget him, he is one of those classic actors, who plays the subtle/thoughtful (rem: The Negotiator) roles very well.

After reading this, a thought came to my mind that in thriller movies ; the credits should always roll after the movie is finished. I havent paid quite an attention to this in other movies.( I hope its true)
Old 1st April 2010, 21:01   #2020
BHPian

I watched Public Enemies starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. Johnny acts as John Dillinger a famous and notorious criminal in the 1930s who pulled off prison escapes and Bank Heists, and christian Bale is the detective who is assigned to capture John Dillinger. I liked the movie.

RATING: 3.5/5
Old 1st April 2010, 21:09   #2021
BHPian

Guys,
Watch these movies. They were one of the best movies i watched.

1) Taken
2) Ong Bak (Tony Jaa)
3) Ong Bak 2
4) FoolProof
5) The Bank Job
6) Rogue
Old 1st April 2010, 22:57   #2022
BHPian

Just finished watching Shutter Island. I had high expectations from this movie as it's directed by Martin Scorsese. I tell you that the Marty and Dicaprio combination did not let me feel disappointed. The story is very unlike those trademark gangster flicks of the great director. I think this is the first time he has directed a psychological thriller and I am a big fan of this genre. The story is set in early 1950s in a mental hospital. The plot at first would remind you of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. But many twists and turns later the final impression that emerges about the hospital in Shutter Island is exactly opposite of what one had in One Flew ...

My rating: 4/5

PS. Robert DeNiro appears in a blink and you miss part.

Name:  Shutter Island.png
Views: 720
Size:  179.9 KB
Old 1st April 2010, 23:42   #2023
BHPian

Walked for 5 miles up and down to enjoy the sun and to watch green zone... i pretty much liked it though half the movie has hand-held camera movement.
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:35   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

Guess you watched it yesterday on TV. Me too! This is the 4th or 5th time I am watching this and it is still a spell bounder!

I have the DVD of this; need to dig it out!

I watched it on a DVD actually, had watched it some time back but found the DVD while I was looking for something so watched it again. Which channel aired this movie ?
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:58   #2025
BHPian

Watch - Rabbit Proof Fence. Great Drama movie based on Australian aboriginal girls.
my friend had a dream where she was walking all night after watching this.
Watch the movie, you will find out what i'm talking about

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks