Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:11   #2026
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
Watch - Rabbit Proof Fence. Great Drama movie based on Australian aboriginal girls.
It is a true story to boot. The film follows the girls as they trek/walk for nine weeks along 1,500 miles (2,400 km) of the Australian rabbit-proof fence to return to their community at Jigalong, while being tracked by a white authority figure and an Aboriginal tracker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit-Proof_Fence_(film)
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:14   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday watched "Clash of the Titans 2" same as original 81' fantasy.But just things seem to be on grander scale.Enjoyable and more rocking if you go for 3D.

Last edited by agspins : 3rd April 2010 at 12:15.
Old 3rd April 2010, 14:12   #2028
BHPian

Watched Clash of the Titans (3D) at Cinemax andheri. I had mixed reactions to the movie and the cinema as well. Watching a movie at the cinema is a complete experience. Even if it's the most brilliant movie, a mis-managed cinema can dampen your mood and ruin the experience for you. The problem with cinemax is that they have a huge lobby but the screens are small. The movie halls are constructed very narrow and the screen was a narrow elongated one. I was however aware of this since I have been to Cinemax a couple of times before. The moment we got off the elevator and walked into the lobby, there was a long queue and some patrons were having a heated arguement with the cinema staff. It turned out that after you shell out Rs. 290/- for each ticket, you have to purchase 3D spectacles for Rs. 30/- each(cash only). The money is non refundable. When I asked for a receipt, the staff assured me that they would deliver it to our seats. Big big turnoff! 30 bucks is not a big deal but I hate patronizing dishonest establishments that rip people off. As suspected, the receipt never showed up but the bloody staff were selling and delivering popcorn and other stuff all throughout the movie and it was very distracting. The sound during the first half of the movie was quite low and many other people noticed the same. I did mention that the screen was smaller too. So basically I ended up watching this movie seething with rage everytime an usher would step on my toes to deliver popcorn down the aisle.

Now the movie. I am a big fan of the original Clash of the Titans. I have spent many a school vacation renting video tapes of movies like Clash of the Titans, Golden Voyage of Sinbad etc and I still dig fantasy films. I was very excited about the new movie especially because it was 3D. it turns out however that the tehy decided to make it a 3D film after making most of the film in 2D. Sam Worthington as a lead actor playing Perseus is just not convincing enough. The dude has basically the same confused expression on his face all the time. Atleast in Avatar, he had help from the animators to help his character emote. Excellent performances by other actors, especially Ralph Fiennes who plays the dark god Hades, ruler of the Underworld. Ralph doesn't have many lines but still mages to convey wickedness and malice of his character. The effects and cinematography are spectacular but nothing ground breaking here. There is minimal character develpment and there is hardly any excitement or thrill as compared to the original film. There was a lot of potential but the movie seems to have been made in a hurry. Overall a decent watch but not the amazing breathtaking movie that I was expecting.

Last edited by Wolfheart : 3rd April 2010 at 14:16.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:08   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Just watched Requiem for a Dream.

I believe everyone should watch this piece of masterstroke. The story deals with addiction and the way people and relationships are affected due to the same. Do watch it for the brilliant work.

4/5 is what i rate it

@wolfheart: Experienced this treatment when we went to watch death race in Inorbit mall malad! They played the movie with just 1 speaker working. We complained but the manager had the audacity to tell he did change it. Gave the manager a real bad time at 1 in the night to make him realize his mistake. Some people just take you for granted!! And that behaviour is annoying
Old 4th April 2010, 00:17   #2030
Senior - BHPian

watched Hurt Locker. Its a so so movie with lot of artistic liberties taken.
I think the guy is same who is also in in SWAT.

Cinematography is brilliant but the same cannot be said on certain accounts. Lot of Goof Ups.
Old 4th April 2010, 00:27   #2031
BHPian

Requiem for a dream is a brilliant movie. I've recommended my friends to watch it, but I'd not want to watch it again. It's too dark.
Old 5th April 2010, 01:14   #2032
BHPian

just came from watching clash of the titans.the title is misleading there are no titans in the movies that clash.its just man v/s god. it was ok movies .maybe it will be better in 3-d.

it reminded me too much of my favourite ps2 game the god of war but its a nice one time watch nothing engrossing actingwise or storywise. visually it is good especially the medusa scene
Old 5th April 2010, 11:17   #2033
BHPian

I watched the movie The princess and the Frog, an animated movie, it is very light and a short movie, it is about a working class girl , aspiring to own a hotel, and how she accomplishes it.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:26   #2034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Just watched Requiem for a Dream.

I believe everyone should watch this piece of masterstroke. The story deals with addiction and the way people and relationships are affected due to the same. Do watch it for the brilliant work.

4/5 is what i rate it
Try watching Trainspotting next if you haven't already.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:27   #2035
Team-BHP Support

Slightly disappointing weekend in terms of movies:

- No country for Old Men : Too slow & too abrupt an ending for my liking. 1.5 stars

- Identity: Nothing that you've not seen before kinda movie. [b]2 stars[/B

- Public Enemies: Average one time watch. Did not finish, so no rating :X
Old 5th April 2010, 11:49   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No country for Old Men : Too slow & too abrupt an ending for my liking. 1.5 stars
Seriously a crawler...rightly said about the ending.I had to watch the end twice, to assure myself that yep thats the end .
Old 7th April 2010, 13:10   #2037
BHPian

Just watched Sherlock Holmes, man the movie was a good watch, a battle of wits, wish to see more of detective movies like these, i especially love these type of movies. It is about the detective and his partner trying to save England from notorious hands.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:38   #2038
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched a couple of movies

"Serpico" starring Al Pacino

This is a 78 movie and just around the time Godfather was released. Al Pacino plays a Police Constable who grows in ranks and is disliked in the NYPD because of his honesty. A gripping movie and great acting by AP.

3.5/5

"Deadly Deceit" Starring some XYZ

Its supposed to be a thriller but within 30 minutes i shut it out as didnt want to lose precious sleep over this trash.

0/5

Next in line is Stephen King's "Pet Cemetary" I liked the book !
Old 7th April 2010, 15:14   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Next in line is Stephen King's "Pet Cemetary" I liked the book !
If you liked the book you will love this too, worth a watch.Scary ,it is.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:32   #2040
BHPian

Watched "The Mist" written by Stephen King some time ago. A gripping edge of the seat horror / suspense film with some good performances.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks