Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2024, 03:53   #9526
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Hunt for I-5 Killer
OTT : Amazon
3.5/5

This is a 2011 movie based on a true story of a serial killer who terrorized the popular freeway I-5 (This highway goes from Vancouver to San Diego- Which runs entirely from north to south of west coast of US) in 1981.

I was particularly interested as I live by the I-5 corridor and take this freeway literally every other day.

This story is an investigation that lasted for a year with help of a survivor to finally apprehend him. Movie had a nice 80's feel to it from clothing, cars to hairstyles.

I liked it because of my personal connection but, even then it's a decent film for serial killer and investigative police work fans.

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th April 2024 at 15:17. Reason: Full storyline reveal removed. Thank you.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 07:21   #9527
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally!

Thank you, DC universe. This should be good.

ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 08:49   #9528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Watched Godzilla x Kong in 4dx, The movie was fast paced you will not be bored, but you will not be amazed either. The villian Titan of the movie was not at all threatening. Too little of Godzilla and too much of Kong, felt like the makers forgot that this franchise is about Godzilla. I have a feeling that makers are trying to recreate Avengers in Godzilla franchise. The scale (size) of Titans in some scenes was also out of place. For me this is the worst Godzilla movies of all of them in terms of storyline, makers have created 'Circus of Titans'. Action action action, this is the John wick of Titan movies without a proper storyline. Watch it and forget it.
Somehow I think a Kong is a misfit in the monsters. Too much close to modern animal species. The MUTO was one of the scariest of monsters, especially the flying one.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 11:40   #9529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Somehow I think a Kong is a misfit in the monsters.
I do believe Kong and Godzilla share a history right from the 60s Good ol Japanese movies

That said, I get what you are saying.
Old 10th April 2024, 18:26   #9530
BHPian

Scoop (the English one) - Netflix
Very underwhelming watch. It is about an "explosive" interview about Prince Andrew and his relationship with Epstein. But seriously, nothing about the interview or the movie felt "explosive" or path breaking. Probably the most boring in-movie interview i have ever watched. Need to re-watch Spotlight to satisfy the need for a good journalistic movie.
DasAuto1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 21:15   #9531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
The Iron Claw (2023)

Based on the true story of the von Erichs with Zac Efron in a generational performance in this masterpiece. If you loved WWE wrestling from the 80's to 90's and know the likes of Ric Flair, then you are in for a treat. I'm shocked this movie didn't get Oscar recognition. You feel the intensity of the characters and the combat choreography made each match feel real. The Iron Claw is a movie that is nearly flawless from start to finish.

P.S. Zac Efron definitely needs to be cast as He-Man if ever a movie gets made
I watched it about 2 months back. I have about zero knowledge about wrestling or wrestlers but found the movie to be immaculate. From my perspective, the movie was about the fall, rise, struggle and fame of this famous family of wrestlers. It was a fantastic watch from start to end as you said. I rated it 8/10.
Fuldagap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 19:09   #9532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Ricky Stanicky - 4/5

Ricky Stanicky, from start to finish, it keeps you chuckling and engaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
John Cena is absolutely mad in this, his comedic timing is spot on.
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-stanicky.jpg

Thx guys for recommending this; I had an absolute blast when watching this ! Cena delivers a terrific comedic performance while (usually) maintaining a straight face. I kept thinking that Nicolas Cage could have perhaps delivered a more unhinged act, but then we have seen that a lot before. The puns and references are shockingly hilarious. It never felt boring for a second. Only the colored dude (Jermaine Fowler as Wes) seemed a little lacking, almost as if her was written as a mandatory character in this mostly all-white cast. The ending seemed a bit fairytale-like, but it was all in good fun. Cena's various costumes and music are a riot! All in all, just bonkers entertainment !
SithDefender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 01:32   #9533
Senior - BHPian

Watched a WW2 movie The Train on Prime 5/5

An amazingly made 1964 film about the heroic act of French resistance and multiple Train stations staff about their valiant efforts trying to save French national art treasure.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 13th April 2024 at 01:38.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 12:14   #9534

Out of the blue Netflix suggested Two For The Money.

D. J. Caruso at helm (Director of Eagle Eye, Disturbia, I Am Number Four) and Al Pacino and Matthew McConaughey as leads, I was sold. It's a strictly one time watch. Bonding between the three main characters was joy to watch. Albeit being Matthew's character is main protagonist, Al Pacino steals the show. Satisfactory ending suits late night watch after hard day at work.

22% Rotten Tomatoes rating is misleading. I will rate is as 3.5/5
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-mv5bodazotaznzkynl5bml5banbnxkftztywmtaznjm3._v1_.jpg  

century is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 13:22   #9535
BHPian

Dusted out the old DVD player cuz i found this gem. Originally bought by my brother at the time.
Brilliant watch just for that pure anthony hopkins performance and ofcourse the pure sound on the salt flats.
Movie: The World's Fastest India
Not available anywhere on OTT in india but it does show up on prime and apple TV for other regions.
Rating: 5/5
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-wfi.jpg  

aston_martyr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 20:11   #9536

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
Dusted out the old DVD player cuz i found this gem. Originally bought by my brother at the time.
Brilliant watch just for that pure anthony hopkins performance and ofcourse the pure sound on the salt flats.
Movie: The World's Fastest India
Not available anywhere on OTT in india but it does show up on prime and apple TV for other regions.
Rating: 5/5
Absolute gem of the movie. Anthony Hopkins gives very loveable grand parent vibe. I totally agree with your rating.
Old 13th April 2024, 21:01   #9537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by century View Post
Absolute gem of the movie. Anthony Hopkins gives very loveable grand parent vibe. I totally agree with your rating.
+1 to this. One of my all time favourites since it's a true story + involves speeds records + Anthony Hopkins. Would recommend this to anyone who has hasn't watched it before
Old 13th April 2024, 22:00   #9538
BHPian

The Usual Suspects on Prime Video.

The story of five felons brought in by the police for a line-up and how those same felons reluctantly end up working for the mysterious and ghost-like Keyser Soze: a legend among the criminal fraternity, a man who no-one has seen and lived, a man so dangerous that he is thought to be the devil himself.

A riveting storytelling, a painstaking flash-back, a tight and first-class directing, a thoughtful twist, a topnotch cast, the movie includes almost everything a director would sell his soul for.

Famous line from the movie -
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

----------------------------------

The Hateful Eight

When a bounty hunter and his captured fugitive are caught in the middle of a snowstorm in Wyoming, they encounter a twisted turn of events as they seek refuge in a small lodge.

A Quentin Tarantino special, this one is is a hilarious, suspenseful, bloody and masterful epic. You need to patient with it; in the first half, when it's laying down the framework, the film feels draggy, due to the slow burn that doesn't have an overtly obvious purpose.

Last edited by arnieshwartz : 13th April 2024 at 22:10. Reason: edited for content
arnieshwartz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 13:47   #9539
BHPian

Another brilliant watch. Jim Caviezel is so good in these kinda roles.
The movie is based on tracking child trafficking rings based on actual FBI findings.
Movie : Sound of Freedom
OTT: Prime
Rating: 4/5
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-sof.jpg
aston_martyr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 10:27   #9540

Watched Kung-fu Panda 4 over the weekend in 4Dx. Theatre experience in 4dx was new but the seat movements felt a bit too much which distracted us from the actual action scenes.

Talking about the movie, being a loyal fan of this franchise since its inception in 2008 and having watched the first two parts in theatre, this one was a bit underwhelming with the story but nonetheless entertaining and great fun with its action scenes and comedy

Great watch for all kung fu panda franchise fans and wish we got to see a bit more of the older characters from the franchise since that would have elevated the experience.

Rating - 7.5/10 ( Kung fu Panda part 1 is a strong 9/10 in my books )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks