Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:38   #1966
BHPian

Watched Prison Escape from Alcatraz, by clint eastwood, story is similar to Shawshank redemption.

Watched another movie, American pie the book of love, pretty much avoidable, not upto the standards of American Pie movies.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:05   #1967
BHPian

saw 25th hour (25th Hour (2002)) - excellent movie and the fact that it is open-ended leaves the viewer to decide what he/she feels the ending would be :-)
rating 4/5
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:55   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I watched Shelock Holmes last week. Was waiting to watch it on HT. The story line is as actuals, if anyone knows it, except for the fact that the aftermath continues till today as against what was depeicted as 'stopped' by Holmes.

I was surprised at Sherlock being potryed as a filty, unhygenic drunkard who fights at will in fight clubs and closed rings. I do not remember his personality like that in whatever limited books I read pertaining to him.

I found the presentation was good. Sherlock could have been played by someone better. Dr. Watson's charater was perfect.
continues till today..? Sorry, didn't get that, could you shed some light.
Hey, Holmes was the master of disguises and also a student of martial arts as per the stories.
I disliked the movie, characters were moulded at will differently from the stories, except for that of Dr. Moriarty, which was perfect.

The Hurt Locker wasn't as engaging as the awards suggested.

Watched Alice In wonderland last weekend. New age Alice never smiles and what the...the girl is an introvert now as against the conversation loving little Alice of the book. The perpetually frowning Alice and the blurry 3D image when not in close up focus made for a soso experience. Reminded me of the splendid 'Up' of last year which had me in splits even in the second viewing.
Old 22nd March 2010, 23:25   #1969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
This proves Oscars can be bought.
That was proved once and for all times when Shakespeare in Love won against Saving Private Ryan back in 1999. What a rip-off that was...

Anyway, Hurt Locker is nothing great as a movie. It shows the frustrations of an army fighting a never ending urban war. I guess for Americans it really drives home the helplessness of their soldiers caught in the crazy situation. I guess the academy voted with their heart rather than mind on this one. That is OK.

Reservoir Dogs, I liked the dialogs as in any Tarantino movie. But the movie itself, I found it pointless. Everybody dies... so I deleted the high-def file right after watching. Besides, I had to keep chasing away my son and dad away while watching saying it is not kid/elder friendly.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:30   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reservoir Dogs, I liked the dialogs as in any Tarantino movie. But the movie itself, I found it pointless.
Phew & I thought I was the only one who felt this way
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:38   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Sniper

Tom Berenger is an U.S Marine. Basically the movie is about psychology of two snipers who think and act different.

For the record, its not a war movie or an out and out action movie. its more of psychological drama showing the inside of two snipers.

Its a good movie, a bit slow. If you have the patience, just like a sniper should have while killing, you will enjoy it. Else you can skip it.

3/5

Sniper 2

Its a big disappointment after watching sniper. avoidable. too many bluffs as per history books.

2/5

Sniper 3

If you liked the first sniper, chances are you will like this one too. Its dark, its moody and creates the atmosphere quite distinctly. cinematography is good, music is gr8, acting is good for major part. The suspense is good till the identity is revealed. a cool movie after disastrous Sniper 2. Again recommended for Sniper fans. A bit tight, slow but with less action.

3.5/5

P.S: Sniper series was watched within 12 hrs, so the whole series was quite fresh in my mind.
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:48   #1972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
P.S: Sniper series was watched within 12 hrs, so the whole series was quite fresh in my mind.
It almost looked like you were taking a crash course of becoming a sniper

I liked one movie which is based on a sniper is Mark Walhberg's " Shooter"

If i was in the army, i would have loved becoming a sniper. Exciting career
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:59   #1973
Senior - BHPian

If you like movies with the Sniper theme, watch 'Enemy at the gates' starring Jude Law & Ed Harris. It is set in Russia during World War II
Old 24th March 2010, 07:30   #1974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It almost looked like you were taking a crash course of becoming a sniper

I liked one movie which is based on a sniper is Mark Walhberg's " Shooter"

If i was in the army, i would have loved becoming a sniper. Exciting career
You can say that, but only for the game - CS

I have seen Shooter, its a cool movie too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
If you like movies with the Sniper theme, watch 'Enemy at the gates' starring Jude Law & Ed Harris. It is set in Russia during World War II
I watched it ages ago. Nice movie. excellent war scenes.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:09   #1975
BHPian

Watched "Samsara", its a good movie with some great cinematography & a good story base. The acting by the actors are simple & good. Its all about a mans desire & lust after he comes out of a 3yr long meditation

A good watch, I would rate a 4/5
Old 24th March 2010, 14:43   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post

The perpetually frowning Alice and the blurry 3D image when not in close up focus made for a soso experience. Reminded me of the splendid 'Up' of last year which had me in splits even in the second viewing.
Some cinemas have faulty projectors that ruin the whole experience. This happened at Fun republic (mumbai) recently where the movie was too dark and blurry. When some people noticed this and complained they tried to hush the matter by offering a refund / credit for another movie. The remaining folks continued to watch, oblivious to the fact that they're not watching it in it's full glory. Incidentally the same happened et Fun during a screening of Avatar as well when I claimed a refund.

I've watched Alice in Wonderland 4 times yet, including twice at IMAX. I know a few people who have watched it 7- 8 times already. I have never gone back to the cinema for the same movie since Kill Bill v1. You might do justice to the film by watching it again at a better equipped cinema.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:32   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Some cinemas have faulty projectors that ruin the whole experience. .. You might do justice to the film by watching it again at a better equipped cinema.
Yaarghhh, didn't occur to me at all. Thanks man.
Old 26th March 2010, 14:02   #1978
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Doom" starring Karl Urban and The Rock

Its just an extension of that great game. The movie begins nicely and holds your attention for some time. But, later on it becomes exactly like the game ( view included)

It can be given a miss. But, if you like watching Rosamund Pike, then watch it. She is damn pretty !

1.5/5
Old 26th March 2010, 14:12   #1979
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I watched the movie War Inc for a while on TV. A scene with John Cusack was quickly followed by a scene with Joan Cusack. That got me wondering, how come Joan Cusack shows up in so many movies featuring John Cusack. Obviously John has a bigger star rating, does he tell producers/directors to cast his older sister in his movies. I can't think of any other reason.

Apparently, I am not the first person to think of this.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_movie...Cusack_been_in

Last edited by Samurai : 26th March 2010 at 14:13.
Old 26th March 2010, 14:22   #1980
Distinguished - BHPian

The only movie that i watched starring Joan Cusack was " School of Rock". She resembles her brother so much, thought for a second it was him

I think she is way taller than John and that's a sure shot teller...LOL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks