Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:04   #2116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
Just caught Iron Man 2 in the theatre today. Sponsored by Microsoft. There was an event by Microsoft for the launch of Visual Studio 2010 which was followed by the movie.

The best part of the movie was Scarlett. The special effects were also cool. But for some reason I still prefer the first part.
Scarlett drooooooooooooools

Gotta watch this movie next week as soon as it hits India shores
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:34   #2117
Team-BHP Support

Hottub Time Machine

Managed to catch this in the theatre over the weekend. For a movie which had just released, the was hardly a crowd at the theatre, that too on a Saturday evening.

The main protagonist is a bath tub which serves as a time machine, taking a bunch of friends to their heydays. Certainly makes for a one time watch, with a lot of humor thrown in for good measure.

There are a lot of double-meaning one-liners, some of them are truly worth treasuring.

Decent time pass, for sure.

Bennyboy Rating : ***
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:46   #2118
Senior - BHPian

Kickboxer: Van Damme

One of the better movies of JCVD. Cool fights. Action pretty much throughout the movie. Loved it. If you are JCVD fan, watch it, you won't regret it. If you are fan of kickboxing, watch it, you won't regret it.

4.5/5 (0.5 deducted for straying during climax). Overall

Raw Deal: Arnold

Very good action throughout the movie. awesome shootout at the end of movie. good music. A must have DVD as an Arnold fan.

4.5/5

Last edited by chevelle : 3rd May 2010 at 17:51.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:35   #2119
Senior - BHPian

I am now eagerly waiting to watch IronMan 2. The promos look nice
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:58   #2120
BHPian

Long time since I updated this thread. So here goes:

1. Desert Flower: A movie about a Somalian girl who escapes a cruel upbringing to land in London and become a model. Based on the true story of Waris Djirie, who escaped a forced marriage to a much older man, arrived in London and was discovered by a fashion photographer while working at a local mcdonalds. The movie is beautifully shot, has some great performances, and brings to the fore some pertinent issues, primarily that of forced female circumcision as practices among some nomadic peoples. Great watch. 4.5/5

2. Road to Perdition: Story of a mafia henchman (Tom Hanks), whose son witnesses him and son of mafia boss Rooney's(Newman) son(Craig Daniel) killing some employees. In order to protect his son in the aftermath, he goes on the run, while trying to get his vengeance. Just Superb. 5/5

3. Planet 51: Animated feature, which sorta turns the usual alien plot on its head. Planet 51 creatures are afraid of only one thing, and that is the possibility of aliens invading their planet and causing havoc. One astronaut (Voice of Dwayne Johnson) lands on the planet and hilarity ensues. No great shakes. 2/5

4. Un Prophete: The story of Malik Djebene, who is forced to kill a fellow prisoner in a jail by Corsican Mafia. What follows is his rise up through the ranks, all the while creating his own business interests inside and outside the prison. A tad slow, but a really nice watch for the way the story unfolds. 4/5

5. Revolver: A big Guy Ritchie fan here. This is a Guy Ritchie movie. Need I say more?. Just awesome. And Jason Statham has hair in this one. LOL

6. Immortal: Science fiction. Greek God Horus is sentenced to death and has a week on earth before the sentence will be carried out. It is 2095 NYC, and horus is looking for a host body, and a chance to procreate. A mysterious blue haired, blue eyed girl has doctors baffled (she cries blue tears as well). All of this comes together with a deformed cop, and a big-brother styled villain. Lots of CGI in the movie, some of it not so good. Decent music, and great atmosphere though. Recommended for hardcore sci-fi buffs. 3/5
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:17   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I am also waiting for this (A Scarlett fan you see )

Any reviews on 'A Nightmare on the Elm street' ?
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:26   #2122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post

Any reviews on 'A Nightmare on the Elm street' ?
i saw the Nightmare movies while I was in school. Freddy Kruger used to be legend then (still is I guess) . There were a few made but as usual after the first one I felt they went downhill.

Are they making a new one?
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:29   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Are they making a new one?
Yep. It released in the US last Friday. It may take a while before it releases here.
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:33   #2124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Yep. It released in the US last Friday. It may take a while before it releases here.
Oh thanks, would love to see this one. Got a DVD of the old Nightmare a couple of months back, for old times sake
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:20   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Don't go with any expectations mate.
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:32   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Band of Brothers
Now I'm looking forward to get The Pacific on blu
I have heard a lot of this series(I think it is an HBO series) also The Pacific but never got a chance to actually watch it.Next on my list!

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for this one.The lashing of 'starks' formula1(?) car scene was looking good.

Movie Review : Kick-A.S.S (See we have to be careful to put dots between these word.

A different kind of a movie where in an ordinary teenager(Aron Johnson) tries to be a superhero; until he really meets a duo of Father-daughter who are really kicking some A$$ in the disguise.Chole Moretz has done a fantastic job and she is the real cute hero of the movie.Action scenes are excellent and lot of slashing and gore.

Rating 4/5

Last edited by Fraz33r : 3rd May 2010 at 23:33. Reason: more smileys
Old 4th May 2010, 01:30   #2127
BHPian

any review of how to train your dragon 3d
Old 4th May 2010, 01:36   #2128
BHPian

Watched these movies during this weekend..

1.Avatar - Nice graphics but i do not like the story line. Watching it in a BD was awesome, but the story is kind of like describing some african tribe ritual and stuff.
Rating 3/5

2.Kung Fu Panda - Nice animation movie and this time watched it in a BD. I lost count of how many times i would have watched this movie. Simply awesome.
Rating 5/5
Old 4th May 2010, 01:58   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
any review of how to train your dragon 3d
That is a one heck of a movie and should not be missed.Its a total paisa vasool not only for kids but the whole family!(Much better compared to current Hindi flicks playing in the theaters.)
Old 4th May 2010, 10:37   #2130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
That is a one heck of a movie and should not be missed.Its a total paisa vasool not only for kids but the whole family!(Much better compared to current Hindi flicks playing in the theaters.)
I totally agree. Lovely movie for the whole family. Watch it in 3D, it is damn good

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks