Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 18:22   #2776
BHPian

Tarantino!! You got the Kill Bill series. Oh boy. Uma Thurman does a good job too.
Old 15th September 2010, 19:01   #2777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Yep! Seen both of 'em. Like Shaun much better! If you like funny gory horror you've got to check out:

1. Dog Soldiers- Dir: Neil Marshall
2. Dead Alive aka Brain Dead- Dir: Peter Jackson
3. Bad Taste- Dir: Peter Jackson

Seen the first two - have to get hold of the third one!
I liked Dog Soldiers more - 'werewolves ate my platoon'

Last edited by blackasta : 15th September 2010 at 19:05.
Old 16th September 2010, 02:01   #2778
BHPian

Watching few samurai movies now

1. Zatoichi : some say the blood was too much overdone, but i've felt it was just correct . Rating 4.5/5
2. Seven Samurai : 207 min runtime!!!!. enjoyed everybit of the movie. This movie was a milestone for future movies to come out. 5/5
3. Ran : Although this didn't fall in the Samurai bit, but the Story/ cinematography etc was just great. 4.5/5
4. Lone Wolf and Cub series : Just finished watching the 3rd part. Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart to Hades. Enjoying every bit of it. 4.5/5
Old 16th September 2010, 16:36   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Seen the first two - have to get hold of the third one!
I liked Dog Soldiers more - 'werewolves ate my platoon'
Dog Soldiers is hilarious and terrifying at the same time which is a great combo! Marshall has also made another movie which is an adventure / horror flick called The Descent. Very good movie!

Old 20th September 2010, 15:26   #2780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I find it disturbing when i think about the little girl. Just think what effect she will have when she sees all the killings.

Obviously, its not gory to make you disturbed. Its more like mentally disturbing rather than visually especially when you give it a thought. Otherwise, its not bothersome.

I will watch Martyrs for sure.
Watched " Surveillance" the Jennifer Lynch movie.

It was a very good thriller and the twist at the end was pretty good. Though i had guessed it mid-way through the movie. And, yes, i too agree it was not that disturbing but, the fact that this world is full of such twisted people is slightly disturbing.

If you want to watch twisted people at their best then it has to be the characters from " The Devils Rejects" directed by Rob Zombie. God, do we really have such people alive? Btw, i heard its prequel " House of 1000 corpses" is even more better ( twisted??)

P.S: Next in line is good old Wes Craven movie " Nightmare on Elm Street" the first part of Freddy Kruger.
Old 20th September 2010, 16:18   #2781
Senior - BHPian

Knight and Day

Cruise and Diaz look very old in this movie. I guess they should retire. lol. I don't see that happening for next 5 years atleast.

Action is ok, story is a little bit interesting, but predictable. Its more like been-there-done-that kinda story. Loved the ducati and smarts they have used.

A decent timepass, watchable-at-home kinda movie.

3/5
Old 20th September 2010, 16:18   #2782
BHPian

When you say disturbing another movie springs to mind. Irreversible by Gaspar Noe. This is a very well made film. If you want to get disturbed watch this movie. It will haunt you for a while.

It's not a horror movie nor is is it very gory. However there is violence which is so realistic it's almost like witnessing it for real. Even the camera angles and the background score make you a bit nauseous (especially when the movie starts). Great performances by Monica Belluci and Vincent Cassell.

WARNING:This film will disturb you no matter how tough you are!! It is definitely not for the faint of heart!

Last edited by Wolfheart : 20th September 2010 at 16:30.
Old 20th September 2010, 16:27   #2783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
When you say disturbing another movie springs to mind. Irreversible by Gaspar Noe. This is a very well made film. If you want to get disturbed watch this movie. It will haunt you for a while.

It's not a horror movie nor is is it very gory. However there is violence which is so realistic it's almost like witnessing it for real. Even the camera angles and the background score makes you a bit nauseous (especially when the movie starts). Great performances by Monica Belluci and Vincent Cassell.

WARNING:This film will disturb you no matter how tough you are!! It is definitely not for the faint of heart!
I will watch this for sure. My fav Belluci stars in it after all.

For Quentin Tarantino lovers, there is a 6-pack DVD set for sale for just $30. Movies include: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2, Death Proof and Reservoir Dogs.

Order before it gets sold out. Order here:

Buy.com - The Ultimate Quentin Tarantino Collection (6 Film Boxset) DVD : Alliance Films
Old 20th September 2010, 16:34   #2784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I will watch this for sure. My fav Belluci stars in it after all.
Then you wont like what happens to her in the movie. If you do, then you need help!
Old 20th September 2010, 16:41   #2785
BHPian

Watched Resident Evil Afterlife, the posters showed it as 3D but when entered the screening it was 2D. It was fun even in 2D as i sat in the 3rd row from the screen.
If you get a chance to watch in 3D please dont miss it.
Action is good but it seems Milla Jovovich is looking a bit aged for the role now.
I would rate it 3.5/5
Old 20th September 2010, 16:42   #2786
BHPian

More than 'disturbing', I would call Irreversible sickening. From my earlier comments on the same

Quote:
This the Monica Belluci starrer? Very odd movie. It is shot in reverse chronological order, and you really don't get to know much about any of the characters till late in the movie. The subway scene is just terrible, and really veeeeeeery long. Might be a little too much to digest for the highly sensitive types. I did not like the movie per se, but the way it shot (in reverse) is pretty neat. Check it out only for that, else avoid it.
BTW, anybody seen the new Resident Evil? Any reviews?
PS: Thanks kites
PPS:
Quote:
If you want to watch twisted people at their best then it has to be the characters from " The Devils Rejects" directed by Rob Zombie. God, do we really have such people alive? Btw, i heard its prequel " House of 1000 corpses" is even more better ( twisted??)
Caught these on Avi's recommendation some time back. Disturbing, gory, great soundtrack if you love industrial metal, although the story is presented in a caricaturish kinda way. Loved both the movies. Helps that Mrs Zombie is a scorcher (she stars in both the movies).

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 20th September 2010 at 16:47.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:12   #2787
BHPian

^ I'm a huge fan of Rob Zombie's music however I feel that his movies aren't as good. Just my opinion though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Then you wont like what happens to her in the movie. If you do, then you need help!
:-)
Quote:
More than 'disturbing', I would call Irreversible sickening. From my earlier comments on the same
Irreversible presents violence in a very realistic manner instead of stylizing and glamorizing it like Hollywood. You get to see violence for what it really is. You see it's ugly face up close. That's why Irreversible appalls so many viewers.

Last edited by Wolfheart : 20th September 2010 at 17:24.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:35   #2788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Caught these on Avi's recommendation some time back. Disturbing, gory, great soundtrack if you love industrial metal, although the story is presented in a caricaturish kinda way. Loved both the movies. Helps that Mrs Zombie is a scorcher (she stars in both the movies).
I reckon your referring to Sheri Moon here. She is a scorcher and some more
Old 21st September 2010, 13:59   #2789
Senior - BHPian

Off late I'm having renting some classic TV Series DVD's from Big Flix and I'm enjoying them. Few weeks back I had rented Commander - in - Chief starring Geena Davis and Donald Sutherland amongst others. If you are the types who enjoys Political Drama's I would suggest this as a must watch.

Last week I picked Boston Legal Season 1 and even though I haven't liked the serials on TV while surfing channels, starting from the beginning gave it a different flavour. Both me and wifey have been bowled over the dry humour and quirkiness of the characters Denny Crane & Alan Shore. We have just finished season 1 and if any Hyd TBHPian has the further seasons, I would like to borrow it from them.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:05   #2790
Senior - BHPian

Machete (2010)

Has huge starcast, from noteworthy actor like Robert Di Niro to corny actress - Lindsay Lohan, all are given proper screen time to excel in their respective roles.

The ones that stands out are Trejo a.k.a Machete, Michelle Rodriguez and Jessica Alba and Lindsay Lohan when she speaks about internet thing. Robert Di Niro is a waste in such role, still he does what he does best, great expressions.

Coming to the story, its an exploitation film set in Texas along US/Mexico Border. It include action, gore, nudity, corny lines. The gore in this movie had me laughing though.

Its a time pass movie. Nothing extra ordinary. But me like it.

4/5

Last edited by chevelle : 23rd September 2010 at 15:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks