Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 18:50   #2926
BHPian

^^ mobike, there is also a .357 Magnum, so that may explain your confusion. Other ubiquitous revolvers would be the .44/45 Colt and the .38/32 Smith & Wesson
Old 20th October 2010, 19:15   #2927
Team-BHP Support

Some of the later movies from Clint I liked very much were Pale Rider, Absolute Power and Space Cowboys. Best comedy from Clint is Kelly's Heroes.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:14   #2928
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Some of the later movies from Clint I liked very much were....Absolute Power
Did you also read the book? This was the first Baldacci book I read and I must say, I was impressed. Pretty neat writing with good build up. However, I did not like the movie very much. Perhaps it was quite subtle and realistic compared to the book which had a fair share of thrill.

Best movie of Clint - Million Dollar Baby :-)
BTW, I never imagined he would do comedies. Need to check out that one

No atttempts for this one - In which movie did he shoot the maximum?

Last edited by JVH : 20th October 2010 at 21:18.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:35   #2929
Senior - BHPian

Glengarry Glen Ross - one of the best drama I have seen. Al pacino, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, Ed Harris, Alec Baldwin. Must see IMO.

4.5/5
Old 20th October 2010, 22:57   #2930
Senior - BHPian

Clint Eastwood was amazing as an Actor and he has become a phenomenon as Director. I'm thinking about watching all his directorial movies and I feel they'll be good for sure. Till now have watched Letters from Iwo-Jima, Flags of our Fathers, Invictus, Million Dollar Baby, Gran Torino, Mystic River, The Birdges of Madison Country and Unforgiven. Each one these were a gem. What i liked most about his movies that one way or other it touches the heart somewhere.
Old 20th October 2010, 23:58   #2931
BHPian

I also love Clint Eastwood.

BTW though I'm not a animation fan but watched "How to train your dragon", "Madagascar" , "Madagascar II" and "Kung fu panda".

Liked them all.
Old 21st October 2010, 00:11   #2932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
The Birdges of Madison Country
Due to a mix up in Big Flicks, I got this movie in Spanish.
But the movie is so good it just did not matter.

Especially the scene towards the end as he is leaving the city and she is in the car with her husband.

Last edited by bblost : 21st October 2010 at 00:12.
Old 21st October 2010, 00:19   #2933
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have seen Gran Tourino, while its a good movie, I dont find anything extra ordinary in that movie & I fail to understand what the hype is all about.

Anyways I got a membership of NetFlix so hopefully I should be watching more movies from here on
Old 21st October 2010, 08:05   #2934
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I would rate Bridges of Madison County as one of the most everlasting love stories picturized along with Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. They are different and out of the world. It takes some finesse and quality to churn out that kind of movies.

And I must thank this thread to get to know these in the first place
Old 21st October 2010, 10:26   #2935
BHPian

I got a chance to see ' HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON'. Its the usual animation with very good sound effects. Best seen if you have a good home theatre and with your family. Be prepared to buy your kids a dragon at the end of the movie though.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:55   #2936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I would rate Bridges of Madison County as one of the most everlasting love stories picturized along with Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. They are different and out of the world. It takes some finesse and quality to churn out that kind of movies.

And I must thank this thread to get to know these in the first place
+1000000 to that. These 3 movies are my prized possessions. Normally i can't sit through chick flicks or romantic movies, but these 3 movies are right up there. (Along with my other collector's packs of Carlito's Way, Scarface & Godfather I & II)
Old 21st October 2010, 12:55   #2937
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like a Clint Eastwood tribute going on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
^^ mobike, there is also a .357 Magnum, so that may explain your confusion. Other ubiquitous revolvers would be the .44/45 Colt and the .38/32 Smith & Wesson
You forgot the .22 S&W which ladies prefer. Cute little toy that can surprise anyone with bad intentions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Some of the later movies from Clint I liked very much were Pale Rider, Absolute Power and Space Cowboys. Best comedy from Clint is Kelly's Heroes.
I am yet to see these movies. Clint in a comedy role. Wow, that would be something worth checking out. Does he actually smile or is it a grimace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Did you also read the book? This was the first Baldacci book I read and I must say, I was impressed. Pretty neat writing with good build up. However, I did not like the movie very much. Perhaps it was quite subtle and realistic compared to the book which had a fair share of thrill.

Best movie of Clint - Million Dollar Baby :-)
BTW, I never imagined he would do comedies. Need to check out that one

No atttempts for this one - In which movie did he shoot the maximum?
I am with you here. I am a huge fan of David Baldacci and collect his books and re-read them again and again.

Was it in Gran Torino that he shoots the maximum rounds?

OT: Btw, i have shot close to 250 rounds with a .303 rifle during my N.C.C days

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Clint Eastwood was amazing as an Actor and he has become a phenomenon as Director. I'm thinking about watching all his directorial movies and I feel they'll be good for sure. Till now have watched Letters from Iwo-Jima, Flags of our Fathers, Invictus, Million Dollar Baby, Gran Torino, Mystic River, The Birdges of Madison Country and Unforgiven. Each one these were a gem. What i liked most about his movies that one way or other it touches the heart somewhere.
I loved his Mystic River a lot and indeed his movies leave you with a nice tingling feeling.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:59   #2938
BHPian

Piranha 3D

Pirhana 3D releasing on the 29th. Looking forward to some cheesy, campy & gory fun! Anyone seen it yet?
Old 21st October 2010, 13:08   #2939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Pirhana 3D releasing on the 29th. Looking forward to some cheesy, campy & gory fun! Anyone seen it yet?
It released long back in Hyderabad and was bad. Piranahs were looking quite artificial and 3D was a shoddy job and not half as good as Avataar.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:28   #2940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Guys I have seen Gran Tourino, while its a good movie, I dont find anything extra ordinary in that movie & I fail to understand what the hype is all about.
Techno, don't look for anything extra-ordinary in his movies. What I found is that his socio kind of movies are to touch the sentiments with a simple story. Same for Bridges of Madison County and others like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Anyways I got a membership of NetFlix so hopefully I should be watching more movies from here on
Wow, enjoy..

Me too watched "How to Train your Dragon" last weekend, nice movie with good animation and great sound effects.
Another movie I watched the same day was "Usual Suspects". Guess I don't need to say much about it. Don't miss it.

Most Viewed