Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 21:38   #3391
BANNED

Re: what's the name of this movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
hey can anyone let me know the name of this movie - its about a legal tussle between a gun company and I am not sure about the other party - in the end -the Gun company attorney and the opposite party's attorney are related (brother and sister) and they intentionally play along so that the Gun company loses the case.- the attorneys in the movie are famous actors - it's a must watch for people who like court dramas
Are you talking about "Runaway Jury"?
Old 28th February 2011, 22:02   #3392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Are you talking about "Runaway Jury"?
Bingo! thanks a ton carboy been searching for this from a long time..had it in my HD but it crashed..

Last edited by Eddy : 1st March 2011 at 10:08. Reason: We don't encourage piracy.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:36   #3393
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Bingo! thanks a ton carboy been searching for this from a long time..had it in my HD but it crashed..
Haven't seen the movie, but read the book & had also read that in the movie version of the book, they had replaced the tobacco company with gun company.

Also, in the book, there aren't brother & sister lawyers on the opposite sides.
The guy is on the jury & the girl(his girlfriend) tries to sell the verdict to the tobacco company lawyer.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st March 2011 at 10:08. Reason: quoted post modified
Old 28th February 2011, 23:46   #3394
Senior - BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Watched The Shawshank Redemption

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-1.jpg

This Movie is based on a Novel Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, by Stephen King. The story is about a banker(Tim Robbins) who gets wrongly convicted for the murder of his wife & her lover.

The Story is narrated by Morgan Freeman who is Tim's fellow inmate at the Shawshank Prison. The movie shows how this banker starts helping Security Guards & the Warden with their financial planning which results in them protecting him from those who give him tough time in the jail.

The climax of the movie is very interesting with lot of bits & pieces of the story making sense at the end.

The narration is simply superb, the plot is very crisp, performances are brilliant. Must say it is one of the best movies I have seen(Its right at top in IMDB's list of top 250 movies)

4.5/5
Old 1st March 2011, 01:24   #3395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Let the Right One in, is an awesome movie. One of the best vampire movies ever. The movie has great atmosphere and great performances from the young actors and a good story. Do not expect a horror or action movie though. This movie is all about atmosphere. The movie was remade into English last year ( 'Let me In' ) and I've heard that it was good too.
'Let me in' was such a bore i swear.
I always wanted to see The Shawshank Redemption so guess finally will see it soon.
It seems am running out of good movies as most i had already seen :(
Old 1st March 2011, 02:29   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched The Shawshank Redemption

The narration is simply superb, the plot is very crisp, performances are brilliant. Must say it is one of the best movies I have seen(Its right at top in IMDB's list of top 250 movies)

4.5/5

From the similar genre and director Frank darabont is the movie "Green Mile".

If you liked shawshank , you should definately queue up for the green mile. A heart touching tale of gentle giant Michael Clarke Duncan , Tom hanks and a great story revolving Prison life will definately bring tears to your eyes.
Old 1st March 2011, 09:29   #3397
BANNED

I think i have had enough of Di-Caprio's movies.

Both his recent movies deal with himself being possesed by his dead wife.

A nice movie with a wrong climax.

Though his acting is best, but for me, few more months away from his movies would do a lot good

Movie : Shutter Island
Rating : 9/10 for the first Half
Rating : 4/10 for the last part.
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-shutterislandmovieposter_600.jpg  

Old 1st March 2011, 10:23   #3398
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What do you mean 'wrong climax'? What would have been a better climax?
Old 1st March 2011, 10:34   #3399
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please lets not talk about the climax. I am sure there are people who are yet to watch the movie
Old 1st March 2011, 10:38   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, please lets not talk about the climax. I am sure there are people who are yet to watch the movie
It's been a year since the movie is out. If you have not watched, it is high time now.
Old 1st March 2011, 10:49   #3401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Also, in the book, there aren't brother & sister lawyers on the opposite sides.The guy is on the jury & the girl(his girlfriend) tries to sell the verdict to the tobacco company lawyer.
It's been a long time since I've seen this movie, but I think it is the same in the movie too, except for the tobacco part. Rachel Weisz plays John Cusack's girl friend and Cusack is on the jury and not a lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
From the similar genre and director Frank darabont is the movie "Green Mile".
If you liked shawshank , you should definately queue up for the green mile.
Another favourite Frank Darabont-Stephen King movie : The Mist . I think John Carpenter and Frank Darabont were the guys who made the best movies out of Stephen King's ideas.

Last edited by Newpunter : 1st March 2011 at 10:52.
Old 1st March 2011, 11:00   #3402
Senior - BHPian

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-lettherightoneinusposterfull.jpg

You were spot on about this movie, Newpunter.
This movie was like a frame after frame of stunning photographs! What is it with Swedish directors and their movies! "Kaun chakki ka aata khaate hain ye log"

Its the story of a lonely 12 year old boy Oskar, bullied at school, with divorced parents, who befriends another 12 year old girl Eli, who just happens to be a vampire. Both of them being lonely, find company in each other and their friendship starts to grow, in spite of Eli telling Oskar that she is a vampire. From their friendship. Oskar finds the strength to fight back the school bullies as well. Well, if you have a vampire as your friend, i guess it helps a great deal!

Of course its not your typical vampire movie and that is what makes this film special. It breaks the mold. Something similar to what District 9 did to alien movies.

Quote:
Let the Right One in, is an awesome movie. One of the best vampire movies ever. The movie has great atmosphere and great performances from the young actors and a good story. Do not expect a horror or action movie though. This movie is all about atmosphere. The movie was remade into English last year ( 'Let me In' ) and I've heard that it was good too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
'Let me in' was such a bore i swear.
Thanks for the warning Harry, thought i might still give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Movie : Shutter Island
Rating : 9/10 for the first Half
Rating : 4/10 for the last part.
I felt Shutter Island had one of the best endings i have seen from a recent film.

Quote:
Another favourite Frank Darabont-Stephen King movie : The Mist . I think John Carpenter and Frank Darabont were the guys who made the best movies out of Stephen King's ideas.
I was wondering where i have heard the name Darabont before. Then it hit me that this is the name behind the series The Walking Dead.

Last edited by amitoj : 1st March 2011 at 11:02.
Old 1st March 2011, 11:20   #3403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
You were spot on about this movie, Newpunter.
This movie was like a frame after frame of stunning photographs! What is it with Swedish directors and their movies! "Kaun chakki ka aata khaate hain ye log"

I was wondering where i have heard the name Darabont before. Then it hit me that this is the name behind the series The Walking Dead.
Glad you enjoyed the movie. I heard the book was even better. I need to find the time to read it sometime.

I'm a sucker for Zombie stuff and have been watching "The Walking Dead" without even realizing Frank Darabont was behind it .
Old 1st March 2011, 13:22   #3404
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Some nice movies lined up there.

I remember watching Shutter Island about a year ago and can still recollect some of the scenes. To me, it was one of the best movies I have seen over a couple of years. Everything about the movie exuded quality including the acting by lead actors. It's only problem was it was released very much during Inception

Watched the following movies during a long flight

The Pelican Brief

Adapted from John Grisham's similarly titled novel, the plot revolves around a couple of assasinations of Judges which indirectly trace back to the White house. A law student using her brains writes a theory around these assasinations which falls into the wrong hands and all hell breaks lose. Denzel (Reporter) and Julia (Law student) have performed as expected but since I had read similar plots and seen similar movies, it failed to excite me. One could predict the story and the climax miles away.

Decent time pass.

Rating - 2.5/5

Unstoppable

Again starring Denzel who plays the role of Train driver/engineer. The story line remands me of ages old Speed (Keanu Reeves) the only difference here is Sandra is replaced by a conductor and they aren't trying to control their own train but trying to stop another unmanned train speeding away to glory. Decent thriller but nothing new. Maybe a one time watch if you like thrillers.

Rating 2.5/5
Old 1st March 2011, 20:04   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Saw some movies over the last couple of days

Undisputed:

Had this on the hard drive but had not had a chance to see the movie. The review by Chevelle was compelling me to watch it. Finally saw it. Interesting movie about boxing bouts in the prison. Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames have acted well. I found the movie slow but the final boxing bout was well worth the wait.

Rating: 3/5

Undisputed II:

After the first one, i was waiting to watch the second installment and boy oh boy!! This was better than the first when it comes to the action scenes and Scott Adkins has a body to die for. And the ring fights in this are MMA style and choreographed very well. Top marks for the camera work as well.

Rating: 4.5/5

Undisputed III:

This takes the top spot in my list of the 3 movie series. Scott Adkins again but as the hero whereas he is the villian in the 2nd part. Great fights and I have managed to watch this thrice end to end as i loved the dialogues and the fights.

Rating: 5/5

Up next - The Punisher & Invictus

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks