Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 22:48   #8551
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
So what all did Matrix Resurrection lack
1. Neo
2. Trinity
3. Morpheus (the newbie one was so irritating)
4. Agent Smith
5. The Oracle
6. Wachowskis
7. The damn cool futuristic story line
8. The edge of the seat action
9. Never before seen special FX
10. The background score
11. The cinematography
12. That trademark matrix colour tone
FundaG
Summed it up perfectly. Had to re-watch the original trilogy to get over this nonsensical attempt.
sanmish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:25   #8552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zero story line
Seems like the director just wanted us all to know, this Matrix movie was not their idea or story
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
Summed it up perfectly.
Perfect! I was wondering whether I was the only one who felt this way. After the earlier movies, this one was a chore to get through till the end. The new Morpheus and Priyanka Chopra were the worst of the lot as well.

Nowadays the makers just want to pander to the current flavour (general thought process) and want to be seen as politically correct. The story or whether certain actors are required doesn’t matter. Unfortunately, it’s getting from bad to worse day by day.

Cheers
Old 17th May 2022, 14:41   #8553
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore : 2/5

The producers (Warner Brothers) of this series must be feeling not so great - there was a nice opportunity to expand further the world of Hogwarts after the excellent start in the previous two movies but the third one in the series turned out to be a dud in comparison.

Mads Mikkelsen is a poor replacement to Johnny Depp and it is clearly visible in his 'bored' acting. He'd probably be better off with a gun instead of that wand in his hand. Even the rest of the cast seem bored with hardly anything new that wasn't covered in the last two movies (except maybe for the dancing scorpions scene). All the build up in the last two movies fizzles out in this one.

Give it a miss. Or wait for it to come on Hotstar+ in a few weeks for sure.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 15:02   #8554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like the director just wanted us all to know, this Matrix movie was not their idea or story.
They made a joke of OG Matrix movies. Period. Quite a few dialogues foiling previous Matrix story points. Just why? Fans and other casual viewers had made their peace with it in last 20 years. The fake Morpheus guy is the worst mistake they committed among many others.

The whole movie is nothing but a burning shame on whole franchise. A perfect tutorial on how to ruin something great. It should not have been brought into existence.

Last edited by amol4184 : 17th May 2022 at 15:06.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 10:35   #8555
Distinguished - BHPian

Matrix Resurrections - Why?! Seriously avoid. Thankfully it was on Prime, I would have been seriously ticked off if I had taken the effort to go to a theater to watch this. I'd say skip it at home as well and re-watch the fantastic first movie instead!

Dr.Strange, Multiverse - I thought it was a better movie than the reviews actually. Pretty dark, not sure it's a movie for children though. We had our friends' 7 and 9-year olds with us and I hope the kids don't get scary dreams after. But overall, I actually was quite engaged. Not a landmark Marvel movie for sure, but watchable. Too many secondary characters for sure. Fans of Raimi, Bruce has a funny cameo with a tribute to one of his earlier landmark roles!
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 12:21   #8556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Dr.Strange, Multiverse - I thought it was a better movie than the reviews actually. Pretty dark, not sure it's a movie for children though. We had our friends' 7 and 9-year olds with us and I hope the kids don't get scary dreams after.
Movie is rated PG-13 for a reason i guess. Please do check movie ratings whenever possible before letting kids watch movies.

I remember parents bringing young kids to watch Deadpool!

Transcendence (2014): On Amazon Prime
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2209764/

Been wanting to watch this movie for some time now and finally watched it last night. Was an ok movie. Would rate it 2.5/5.
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 13:57   #8557
Senior - BHPian

In the race to cash in on Marvel craze, they are tiring out the viewers IMO. Personally a fatigue has set which only increases whenever I see a Marvel launch (of which there are many!). Its relentless. But its not only about the number of releases.

They all have a certain look and feel, clichés and other familiar tropes that viewers have come to expect from Marvel. You go to a Marvel movie and you will get these things. Check, check, check and check.
While technically superb, everything just feels like they have a mold in which director simply pours characters and money and voila, a movie is ready. I was bored out of my wits watching 10 rings movie.

Truthfully, I don't remember being excited for an upcoming Marvel movie ever since last Avengers came out. Since then its just routine grind year on year. Or may be I am not a true, hardcore Marvel fan.

Last edited by amol4184 : 20th May 2022 at 13:59.
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 14:49   #8558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post

Truthfully, I don't remember being excited for an upcoming Marvel movie ever since last Avengers came out. Since then its just routine grind year on year. Or may be I am not a true, hardcore Marvel fan.
You are not alone. Google "marvel fatigue" and you'll get a host of similar views (and/or articles that talk about it globally).
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 22:31   #8559
Senior - BHPian

The Green Inferno (Prime)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2403021/

"A group of student activists travels to the Amazon to save the rain forest and soon discover that they are not alone, and that no good deed goes unpunished."

Was lazily surfing through the movies list on Amazon Prime and after a few minutes this caught my eye and i must say it's been sometime since i've closed my eyes watching a movie

I knew what i was getting into but some scenes were just "damn"!!!

Movie is not for the weak of heart or stomach and it reminded me of Cannibal Holocaust.

3/5 strictly for horror/gore movie fans.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:10   #8560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yep, on Amazon Prime USA using a relative's account.
This is now available on Amazon Prime India. Watched last weekend. Nice.
AjiGTI is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:33   #8561
Senior - BHPian

Watched 1917 in SonyLiv. It was showing under oscar winning movies, so gave it a go.

Very nicely done movie. Set on the backdrop of World War-I its about an almost impossible mission given to 2 soldiers. The setup, acting , cinematography were all spot on.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 18:03   #8562
Senior - BHPian

The Invisible Man on Netflix: 3/5

I was caught off guard watching this movie. A surprisingly good movie IMO. You could do much worse on Netflix with their current content.
Judging by the name (previous movies with same theme are okay-ish) the expectations were low but then it suddenly picks up the pace and you are drawn into it. The director is same as that of Saw and Insidious series of movies, so the thriller/horror theme comes easy to him. There are some plot holes that left me wondering or may they were intentional? Will leave it to you guys. If you have nothing else or better to watch, give it a go.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 19:01   #8563
BHPian

On a recent inter city flight , AA had a good collection of free movies and watched the 'Drive my car' with sub titles - the Japanese movie which won the Oscar and the Cannes awards and it was a well made movie with no pretense to be a thriller but more of a social drama. Really liked the Saab 900 car that is the pivot around which the whole movie is based on.
Old 24th May 2022, 22:30   #8564
Distinguished - BHPian

The Grey Man

Seems to be quite interesting. Russo brothers (direction). Ryan Gosling. Ana de Armas. Chris Evans. And Dhanush.

Seems like the man's heading towards the right direction. Hoping he's got a meaty role to give his acting skills some credit.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 07:57   #8565
Distinguished - BHPian

Top Gun, Maverick - Certainly worth the watch. Personally, thought it was a better movie than the original/first one, this one has a better script and more depth. Lots of references to the first one, so better to have watched the first before this one. Not as much humor as the first though. Cruise has certainly aged better, or at least has better cosmetic treatments than his contemporaries. The F-18 must be a better plane, but the F-14 was really the star of the first movie, such a great looking aircraft!
am1m is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks