Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 20:48   #1051
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Yeah, I saw that too. The choreography is amazing. I loved the last dance sequence (the one in the rain). The soundtrack was awesome too. I am looking for the OST album for this one.
I totally agree! Let me know if you are able to get your hands on the soundtrack for the movie.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:49   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
I saw this movie last night, Sideways. Its about these two friends Miles (Paul Giamatti - a brilliant actor, under-rated like Hoffman) & Jack (Thomas Haden Church - Remember him as Sandman from Spidey 3). Miles is a failer writer working as a teacher & Jack is a failed TV actor. They've nearly reached middle age who have nothing but disappointment in their lives. They embark on a road trip to wine country California a week before Jack gets married. Jack in the extrovert who wants to live it up to the fullest before he gets hooked in a week. There they do a lot of introspection with, of course, a lot of wine drinking & also meet a couple of women. Really nice movie.

My rating: 4.5/5

Attachment 193200
Saw this a couple of years ago and this is one of my favorite chick flicks. Plus it has Virginia Madsen whose acting I absolutely adore.

Beautiful movie and tells the watcher a lot about wine tasting and wine culture.
Old 17th September 2009, 23:08   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Great. So I guess will give Saw 2 a dekho, and stop at that.

Btw: Which is the best murder mystery you ever saw ? Or a whodunnit ? Looking at movies from that genre. Any suggestions ?
Murder mystery - Along came a spider
Old 18th September 2009, 00:43   #1054
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Murder mystery - Along came a spider
Really good! I had posted the review a few pages back.
A splendid performance from Morgan Freeman.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:05   #1055
BHPian

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-sincitypostercast.jpg

I was completely overwhelmed by this Rodriguez/Tarantino collaboration. The movie has three parallel stories with intersecting time lines and sets of characters. It's full of extremely violent scenes (shot mostly in B/W) and one can have some guilty pleasure of enjoying them. The narrative style is good too.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:37   #1056
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw " Munich" what a lovely movie. It had everything that i love, beautiful european locales, gripping storyline, fabulous acting and dark aura to the entire movie.

However, the DVD was not good in portions so couldnt enjoy it completely. I agree this should go into the collection

4.5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
I was completely overwhelmed by this Rodriguez/Tarantino collaboration. The movie has three parallel stories with intersecting time lines and sets of characters. It's full of extremely violent scenes (shot mostly in B/W) and one can have some guilty pleasure of enjoying them. The narrative style is good too.
Robert and Qentin is a deadly and crazy combination as also seen in From Dusk to Dawn.

Need to check out Sin City
Old 18th September 2009, 16:58   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Robert and Quentin is a deadly and crazy combination as also seen in From Dusk to Dawn.

Need to check out Sin City
You should check out Mickey Rourke as Marv. This movie is actually directed by Frank Miller, based on his graphic comic books. Its one of the best comic book movies made.
Old 18th September 2009, 17:18   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
I saw this movie last night, Sideways. Its about these two friends Miles (Paul Giamatti - a brilliant actor, under-rated like Hoffman) & Jack (Thomas Haden Church - Remember him as Sandman from Spidey 3). Miles is a failer writer working as a teacher & Jack is a failed TV actor. They've nearly reached middle age who have nothing but disappointment in their lives. They embark on a road trip to wine country California a week before Jack gets married. Jack in the extrovert who wants to live it up to the fullest before he gets hooked in a week. There they do a lot of introspection with, of course, a lot of wine drinking & also meet a couple of women. Really nice movie.

My rating: 4.5/5
Can't agree more with this review, it's one of those movies which make you cheerful and light....
Old 18th September 2009, 17:40   #1059

I watched "Ronin", Robert De Niro and Al Pacino superb movie i liked it.

both are fantastic. Infact i own a DVD of this movie .....

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th September 2009 at 17:56. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 18th September 2009, 18:42   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekhs View Post
I watched "Ronin", Robert De Niro and Al Pacino superb movie i liked it.both are fantastic. Infact i own a DVD of this movie ......
I too own a DVD of Ronin, i am suprised Al Pacino is NOT there in my dvd copy.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:06   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
You should check out Mickey Rourke as Marv. This movie is actually directed by Frank Miller, based on his graphic comic books. Its one of the best comic book movies made.
The movie is actually directed by three of them - Miller, Rodriguez and Tarantino. Tarantino is credited as a guest director.

Sin City (2005) - Full cast and crew
Old 18th September 2009, 19:32   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
I too own a DVD of Ronin, i am suprised Al Pacino is NOT there in my dvd copy.
may be you have the edited version
Old 18th September 2009, 22:19   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please take the initiative of creating this list. It would help all us movie lovers. After sometime, it would be great to create one such for Horror genre too
I've uploaded a list that i had and given the edit rights to everybody, please feel free to go and make new entries as appropriate....

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...zTlpGWFE&hl=en
Old 19th September 2009, 14:59   #1064
BHPian

After watching three movies directed by Richard Linklater recently, i was intrigued to say the least with his work specially the latter two. The three movies i saw & liked immensely:
1. School of Rock (2003)
2. Before Sunrise (1995)
3. Before Sunset (2004)

... and will watch soon Fast Food Nation (2006) & A Scanner Darkly (2006).

I have managed to source three more of his earlier movies from a budding director associate of mine who studies movies as part of his creative research & inspiration. He was a 3rd or 4th A.D. for Dharma Productions' Wake Up Sid. Very difficult for them to part with DVD's as they get them max for a week, i'm am lucky i guess. I have to finish seeing them by Monday morning.

1. Slacker - 1991
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-slacker.jpg

2. Waking Life - 2001
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-waking-life.jpg

3. Tape – 2001 (This was available at my Local DVD rental)
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-tape.jpg

Last edited by anilkalvani : 19th September 2009 at 15:07.
Old 19th September 2009, 16:01   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
I've uploaded a list that i had and given the edit rights to everybody, please feel free to go and make new entries as appropriate....

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...zTlpGWFE&hl=en

Nice job there. I have added some review comments.

Most Viewed