Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 15:37   #1036
BHPian

Among this year's releases State of Play can pass off as a murder mystery. You might like Chris Nolan's Insomnia starring Al Pacino, Robin Williams and Hillary Swank, although the identity of the killer is not kept a secret.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:07   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
See thats the thing. Making mystery movies has become tougher over the years

Try Mulholland Drive or Memento. These don't exactly fit the genre of murder mysteries though. But they do have an element of surprise.
Mulholland Drive is good but I found Lost Highway (also directed by David Lynch) even better. Good performances by Patricia Arquette and Bill Pullman......great soundtrack too.

I watched a movie called "Surveillance" recently which is a serial killer / murder mystery/ thriller. It's a pretty good movie directed by Jennifer Lynch (David Lynch's daughter).
Old 17th September 2009, 13:41   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian

I reckon i am back in action of movie watching. Been busy last month and could not watch any.

How is the movie " Munich". I got that delivered today?

A small request as my queue has dwindled, can someone make a list of good suspense filled movies ( it should be edge of the seat thriller types) so i can refill my queue? i already added Mullohand Drive to the queue
Old 17th September 2009, 13:43   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Oh Munich is brilliant, you will love it

May be it would be a good idea to read the incident on which the movie is based, should help you in understanding the move better

Btw I have always noticed that you ask for opinion after it gets delivered to you, thats quite strange as most would ask before ordering one even if on rent
Old 17th September 2009, 13:47   #1040
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Amazing movie. You can't go wrong with this one. And yes like Techno suggested read about what its based on before watching the movie. But then i am sure you already know what its based on, it was quite an event in world history.

I think History Channel or Discovery Channel i am not sure which one ran a very good episode on the event itself and the operation after that on which this movie is based..

Last edited by Spitfire : 17th September 2009 at 13:51.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:47   #1041
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

May be it would be a good idea to read the incident on which the movie is based, should help you in understanding the move better

Btw I have always noticed that you ask for opinion after it gets delivered to you, thats quite strange as most would ask before ordering one even if on rent
Well, i have read a book on that story, some thriller dont remember the name. It was a superb read so i am aware about the story.

With regards to asking before, i just browse the bigflix website and add just on the short excerpt that's outlined there and cover image.

I wish i had patience to ask before i add. What to do, i am like that
Old 17th September 2009, 14:30   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this a suspense thriller?
Old 17th September 2009, 14:35   #1043
Team-BHP Support

Step Up 2 - The Streets

Those who enjoy street dancing and hip hop would love the soundtrack of this movie, as well as the dance moves on offer. That aside, this is a run-of-the-mill kinda movie of a girl's rebellion against rules, and her interest towards street dancing.

Decent time pass.

Bennyboy Rating : **1/2

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-stepup2.jpg
Old 17th September 2009, 14:49   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Done with the Saw series. Finished Saw 5 day before yday.
@Mobike008, after watching Saw 5, i can safely say that if you havent seen the previous parts, then Saw 5 may require a couple of repeats to see where the story is going. But then, if you watch all the other parts first, Saw V will look like a complete waste of time. And heaven help me, Saw VI is due to release on October 23rd this year!

Also saw District 9. I have to agree that it is by far one of THE best sci-fi movies. What struck me the most about this movie was that half way through the movie, i realised that i was starting to believe that all this can possibly happen, or might have already happened! If a sci-fi movie can give you that type of feeling, then it has to be one helluva nice movie. Oh and i can bet anything that there will be atleast one sequel, and it will probably be called District 10!

EDIT: And with that, i am done with contemporary cinema. Now back to Ingmar Bergman. Tonight, it will be Persona.

Last edited by amitoj : 17th September 2009 at 14:58.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:06   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No its just a thriller

Like I said earlier search on Munich, Oh wait read it all here: The Munich Massacre
Old 17th September 2009, 15:11   #1046
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
It is more of a drama based on real life events. Techno's link will give the picture of what exactly happened.

The performances in this movie are outstanding and very real. Like others commented, it is a must watch. In fact, buy one for the collection.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:27   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No its just a thriller

Like I said earlier search on Munich, Oh wait read it all here: The Munich Massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
It is more of a drama based on real life events. Techno's link will give the picture of what exactly happened.

The performances in this movie are outstanding and very real. Like others commented, it is a must watch. In fact, buy one for the collection.
Thanks.
Will be seen over the w/e and my review will be here by monday
Old 17th September 2009, 15:55   #1048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Done with the Saw series. Finished Saw 5 day before yday.
@Mobike008, after watching Saw 5, i can safely say that if you havent seen the previous parts, then Saw 5 may require a couple of repeats to see where the story is going. But then, if you watch all the other parts first, Saw V will look like a complete waste of time. And heaven help me, Saw VI is due to release on October 23rd this year!
Thanks Amitoj, Since i was not able to source the previous parts. Let me start with Saw 5 then and will go in reverse order. Quentin Tarantino in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A small request as my queue has dwindled, can someone make a list of good suspense filled movies ( it should be edge of the seat thriller types) so i can refill my queue? i already added Mullohand Drive to the queue
Can someone please take the initiative of creating this list. It would help all us movie lovers. After sometime, it would be great to create one such for Horror genre too
Old 17th September 2009, 16:21   #1049
BHPian

I saw this movie last night, Sideways. Its about these two friends Miles (Paul Giamatti - a brilliant actor, under-rated like Hoffman) & Jack (Thomas Haden Church - Remember him as Sandman from Spidey 3). Miles is a failer writer working as a teacher & Jack is a failed TV actor. They've nearly reached middle age who have nothing but disappointment in their lives. They embark on a road trip to wine country California a week before Jack gets married. Jack in the extrovert who wants to live it up to the fullest before he gets hooked in a week. There they do a lot of introspection with, of course, a lot of wine drinking & also meet a couple of women. Really nice movie.

My rating: 4.5/5

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-sideways.jpg
Old 17th September 2009, 16:55   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Step Up 2 - The Streets

Those who enjoy street dancing and hip hop would love the soundtrack of this movie, as well as the dance moves on offer. That aside, this is a run-of-the-mill kinda movie of a girl's rebellion against rules, and her interest towards street dancing.

Decent time pass.

Bennyboy Rating : **1/2
Yeah, I saw that too. The choreography is amazing. I loved the last dance sequence (the one in the rain). The soundtrack was awesome too. I am looking for the OST album for this one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks