Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 23:03   #931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I must have seen this movie atleast 200 times An absolute all time favorite animation, especially the song "Bear necessities" is awesome
Yeah, it was just superb. I reckon that song is when Colonel Hathi and his entourage come into picture.
Old 26th August 2009, 23:06   #932
Senior - BHPian

The Hurt Locker - Not as authentic as it should have been but still a great effort.
Most of the scenes kept me on the edge of my seat.
Worth a watch.

3/5

Hush - Same old story ,a highway ,a couple and a mysterious truck driver.

1.5/5
Old 27th August 2009, 09:55   #933
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Malena

Monica Bellucci at her best. Typical exotic Italian landscapes, great cinematography and some decent acting makes the movie a good watch.

What makes this a great movie to watch? Monica Bellucci

I particularly loved the scene where she walks through the crowd with her hair cut and dyed red.

Rating - 4/5
Old 27th August 2009, 11:12   #934
BHPian

30 Days of Night

Caught it on HBO last night. Very good Horror movie, much better than expected. A group of Vampires invade a small town on the north edge of Alaska, where the sun will not rise for 30 days. Story is simple enough, but the presentation is really effective. The atmosphere, with the blood spattered snow and clothes, and the thoroughly evil vampires (not the romanticised, suave ones we see normally. these are thoroughly evil ones whose only aim is to feed), to the background score all are well done leading to a really creepy setting. Do not know the gore quotient because it was all suitably edited out I guess, but all in all a very enjoyable watch. The ending is very lame though. Still, if you are a vampire/ horror fan, definitly catch it. You will enjoy it.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:12   #935
BHPian

Watched "AMERICAN GANGSTER". Starring - Denzel Washington, Russel Crowe. It is a real life story of an American during the early 1970's. I liked the movie a lot. Rating 3.5/5.

Watched "HOTEL FOR DOGS". Average movie. Rating 2.5/5
Old 28th August 2009, 11:48   #936
Team-BHP Support

Scary Movie 4

Oh boy! This one's another laugh riot. Taking off from where Part 3 left off, this one takes it forward. Primary among the spoofed movies is 'War of the Machines'. While that made for horrible watching, the spoof is just hilarious.

Thoroughly enjoyed, and will recommend the same for senseless viewing pleasure.

Bennyboy Rating : *** 1/2

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-scary_movie_four.jpg
Old 28th August 2009, 11:58   #937
BHPian

Quote:
among the spoofed movies is 'War of the Machines'.
Guess you meant 'War of the Worlds'.

Revisited these two all time fave comedies last night:

1. Dumb and Dumber: Starring Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels and Lauren Holly. Slapstick humor, sometimes sick, always funny. If you like slepstick comedies, this is one for you.

2. My Big Fat Greek Wedding: Produced by Tom Hanks/ Rita Wilson, a feel good romantic comedy about a marriage in a greek family. A laugh riot, this one. 5/5
Old 28th August 2009, 14:00   #938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
1. Dumb and Dumber: Starring Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels and Lauren Holly. Slapstick humor, sometimes sick, always funny. If you like slepstick comedies, this is one for you.
D&D was one of the most favorite comedy movies ( saw it in theatre) and wanted to relive those memories and saw this movie a few months ago and i was suprised that i could not laugh even at a single gag. I felt stupid introducing this movie to wifey saying its an all time great comedy. Dont know why that happened.

Any reviews of " The Tenant" by Roman Polanski? DVD is lying at home, need to find time to see that ( only if i get positive reviews)
Old 28th August 2009, 14:24   #939
BHPian

Saw the movie 'Death at a Funeral'
Slow comedy which picks up pace and gets funny after the first half.
chaos around a string of events at a funeral.

I would give it a 4/5.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:40   #940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Guess you meant 'War of the Worlds'.
Thanks for correcting, Anurag. Slip of the fingers, when typing.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:14   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Saw the movie 'Death at a Funeral'
Slow comedy which picks up pace and gets funny after the first half.
chaos around a string of events at a funeral.

I would give it a 4/5.
Have seen it some time back and agree with you except that it was funny throughout. The Hindi inspiration (Daddy Cool??) is also being released today.
Old 30th August 2009, 01:00   #942
BHPian

Just watched Dawn of the dead..freaking awesome but the climax is like tamil films. The director let me down in the climax bit. Its more same like Quarantine, but not much of the zombies in DOD. I would give 3/5 Last week watched, Max Payne. Starting was the same as the game, but later on was a bit boring. For the first time, slept in the middle of the movie. 1/5 Ice Age 3 - Awesome, Hilarious. Missed those 3D shots in the theatre. The movie is no let down, but lacked a bit comedy, for some reason thought the movie to be so sentimental. Director must have avoided those romantic shots of the 2 creatures fighting for the small coconut. 4/5 Crash - Awesome 4/5 Terminator Salvation - Big let down. as this a sequel to the much famous Terminator? Missed those villainous terminator and especially Arny. 1/5 Shutter - Awesome, freaking. 5/5 The Cable Guy - Culdnt see Carrey on emotional/sentimental scenes. Big let down. 3/5 Bruce Almighty - Hilarious, Sentimental and emotional too. 4/5 Liar Liar - One hell of a comedy movie. Cant resist myself laughing when Carrey tries to tell a lie. 4.5/5 Yes Man - Good one. A must watch for all. 4/5 The Recruit - Unexpected twists in the movie. Cool and good. 4.5/5 Watchmen - A long english movie. Kinda boring. Was looking at my wallclock still how long the movie ill run. 2/5 All the above movies are the ones I recently watched. Still more to add of the past and the future.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:20   #943
BHPian

Inglorious Basterds

Watched Inglorious Basterds yesterda. Typical Tarantino fare with gore, violence and long winded dialogues, interspersed with dry humour and tense scenes. Added catch, most of the movie is in French and German. Subtitling was good. Keep a close watch on it if you are not familiar with either of the languages.

Movie is played out in 5 chapters, leading to a potential assasination of Hitler. Will not give up the plot, watch it

Some of the chapters are just standout, especially the first one where the Nazi Colonel's interaction with the French farmer(possiby best sequence Taranino has ever written), the chapter with the card game at the bar.

As far as acting goes, BradPitt as Col.Aldo the "Apache" the leader of the Nazi killing mercernary group, is cartoonish with an exaggerated southern twang providing the funny lines in the movie.All the European cast is superb, some notables being Melanie Laurent(another French Beauty ) as a Jewish Conspirator , Martin Wuttke as Hitler, Diane Kruger as the German Actress and a host of others.

But the cake goes to an unknown Austrian Actor Christoph Wiltz as SS Colonel " Hans Landa". What a breakout performance, in 4 languages . He is slimy and smooth, evil and gentle all at the same time. His charisma on the screen lights it up. Look forward to more great stuff from him.I am an instant fan. Nuff said..

Rating 4/5. Welcome back Quentin..

Warning: Gore not for kids and ladies might not enjoy either.Don't say i didn't warn you

Last edited by sanjayatarizona : 30th August 2009 at 13:27. Reason: Warning added.
Old 31st August 2009, 08:19   #944
Team-BHP Support

The curious case of Benjamin Button

This one is different, and refreshingly so! Benjamin played by Brad Pitt is a person whose life differs from that of a normal person in the sense that he goes through senility first, going all the way to an infant ... ie in the reverse order.

Bonding between the different characters is shown brilliantly shown in this movie, and although the movie is long playing to more than 2 hours of viewing time, it does keep you engrossed.

Dont miss.

Bennyboy Rating : ****

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-thecuriouscaseofbenjaminbutton.jpg
Old 31st August 2009, 10:29   #945
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Before Sunrise

A very nice romantic movie starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. The two meet in an ICE and hit off. The movie is so easy going and sweet that sometimes one feels its too good to be true.

I liked the easy conversations and topics they both delve into. Really nice. One of my all time romantic favs now! There is nothing in the movie which you really don't like.

Rating - 4.5/5

Che I

Fantastic performances from all the actors. More like a documentary than a film. Benecio Del Toro excels in the role of Ernesto Guevera AKA Che. Its based on his own reflections of the Cuban revolution in which he was a key member of the Fidel Castro led guerilla warfare.

Rating - 4/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks