Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 11:08   #946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
30 Days of Night

Caught it on HBO last night. Very good Horror movie, much better than expected. A group of Vampires invade a small town on the north edge of Alaska, where the sun will not rise for 30 days. Story is simple enough, but the presentation is really effective. The atmosphere, with the blood spattered snow and clothes, and the thoroughly evil vampires (not the romanticised, suave ones we see normally. these are thoroughly evil ones whose only aim is to feed), to the background score all are well done leading to a really creepy setting. Do not know the gore quotient because it was all suitably edited out I guess, but all in all a very enjoyable watch. The ending is very lame though. Still, if you are a vampire/ horror fan, definitly catch it. You will enjoy it.
HBO has a censored version. Get a DVD and watch the 'complete ' movie. Good one indeed
Old 31st August 2009, 12:13   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Before Sunrise

A very nice romantic movie starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. The two meet in an ICE and hit off. The movie is so easy going and sweet that sometimes one feels its too good to be true.

I liked the easy conversations and topics they both delve into. Really nice. One of my all time romantic favs now! There is nothing in the movie which you really don't like.

Rating - 4.5/5
If you liked Before Sunrise, you'll adore Before Sunset, made in 2004, the sequel. The first part was appreciated so much that fans demanded a sequel be made, and what a sequel! One of the best ever made after The Godfather sequel (Nevermind the trashy Part 3). See it soon. Its an excellent movie. Am not very fond of chick flicks and romantics, but i have 3 favorite romantic movies which i have listed earlier in this thread; Before Sunrise, Before Sunset & The Bridges of Madison County.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 31st August 2009 at 12:14. Reason: typos
Old 31st August 2009, 12:16   #948
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
If you liked Before Sunrise, you'll adore Before Sunset, made in 2004, the sequel. The first part was appreciated so much that fans demanded a sequel be made, and what a sequel! One of the best ever made after The Godfather sequel (Nevermind the trashy Part 3). See it soon. Its an excellent movie. Am not very fond of chick flicks and romantics, but i have 3 favorite romantic movies which i have listed earlier in this thread; Before Sunrise, Before Sunset & The Bridges of Madison County.
Thanks! Have lined it up for this week. Had planned to see both back to back but couldn't due to time constraints.

Besides I didn't want to be senti after watching both
Old 31st August 2009, 12:30   #949
Senior - BHPian

Watched 2 movies last night

1. Fired Up : Fantastic comedy about a couple of friends who decide to join the cheerleader camp instead of the scheduled football camp just for the sake of flirting. Worth a watch.

2. Hannah Montana : I thought this was a girlie movie, yes it is a bit girlie, but I loved the music in this one. Must watch if you love the simple country side & country music.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:43   #950
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the following movies last week :-

Lakeview Terrace, Starring Samuel L Jackson : Samuel is a LA cop and dislikes marriages between black and white couples. Such a couple moves next to his house. How he makes their life miserable and how they fight back is the gist of the movie. Really gripping movie and i am a huge fan of Samuel Jackson so loved his acting to the core. 3.5/5

Ice Age: What a lovely animation movie. Great mix of humour, sentiment and beautiful animation. It's a must watch for folks who haven't seen it. 4/5
Old 31st August 2009, 12:59   #951
BHPian

Saw only the one movie this weekend, what with ManU vs Arsenal and the F1 race being this weekend:

The Spirit: Based on Will Eisner's famous comic book, this is a boring stylised version. Traces of Sin City can be seen, but while that one was great, this sucks. No depth, not much of a story, and The Spirit comes across as a hollow hero. Eva Mendes (Sand Serif), Paz Vega (Plaster of Paris) and Scarlett Johansson (Silken Floss) provide the eye candy, and are bearable. The only character of note is the villain, Octopuss (Samuel L Jackson), he is hilarious and really good at times. Give it a definite miss.

Lined up for this week are Cries and Whispers (Ingmar Bergman), Che I and II starring Benicio Del Toro, and Stardust Memories (Woody Allen).

@neoranjit: Gathered as much man, the scissors were hard at work. It is next up for download.

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 31st August 2009 at 13:01.
Old 31st August 2009, 22:50   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess you meant 'War of the Worlds'.

2. My Big Fat Greek Wedding: Produced by Tom Hanks/ Rita Wilson, a feel good romantic comedy about a marriage in a greek family. A laugh riot, this one. 5/5
Dont remember much now though but just that it was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
Watched Inglorious Basterds yesterda. Typical Tarantino fare with gore, violence and long winded dialogues, interspersed with dry humour and tense scenes. Added catch, most of the movie is in French and German. Subtitling was good. Keep a close watch on it if you are not familiar with either of the languages.

Warning: Gore not for kids and ladies might not enjoy either.Don't say i didn't warn you
Waiting for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Saw the following movies last week :-

Ice Age: What a lovely animation movie. Great mix of humour, sentiment and beautiful animation. It's a must watch for folks who haven't seen it. 4/5
Which one?

I saw the last part; well, was too unrealistic story for me when you compare with the first. Not bad though.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009): 3/5

Quote:
Saw only the one movie this weekend, what with ManU vs Arsenal and the F1 race being this weekend:

The Spirit: Based on Will Eisner's famous comic book, this is a boring stylised version.

Give it a definite miss.
Phew; I saw it coz didnt have anything else to do! Crap.

Make it happen: 2.5/5 ;
Small town gal dreams becoming a dancer story. The gals got nice body Some music in the film but like only the ones in the end. Some nice dance steps too.

Thick as thieves: 4/5

Wow! what a plot ! Samuel L Jackson an old art thief plans a heist along with small time thief Mr.Antonio. See it !
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-make_it_happen.jpg  

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-1234210977_thickasthieves2009stvdvdripxvidxanax.jpg  

Old 31st August 2009, 23:02   #953
BHPian

Watched "MAN ON FIRE" starring Denzel Washington. Quite a senti and action packed movie. It is all about Denzel blowing up a kidnapping scandal in US and Mexico. Rating - 3.5/5Also watched "THE DEPARTED" starring Leonardo Di caprio. This is about an undercover cop assigned to arrest drug barons. Rating 3.5/5.Coming weekend i am planning to watch "THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND". Watched a part of it. Damn the cd wasnt working properly. Will get a new CD and watch it for sure. This movie is based on a a real life and incidents.
Old 1st September 2009, 00:54   #954
Team-BHP Support

FLING

Story of a couple in an open relationship based on trust and openness wher they are not bound by a primary key so long as they are honest about it. This relationship gets strained when they get attracted to an ex-flame and a barely 18 year old respectively.

Bearable, and kinda watchable. Not intended for family viewing.

Bennyboy Rating : **

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-photo_27_hires.jpg
Old 1st September 2009, 00:56   #955
BHPian

Saw Paul Blart : Mall Cop. One time watch.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:08   #956
Senior - BHPian

Watched The Hangover yesterday.

It is a hilarious movie which keeps you on its toes for the suspense. enough is said about it so I wont say more. My only gripe was, Heather Graham was wasted for such a small role & they didnt show the FIL's expression after looking at the car.

My Rating - 4/5
Old 1st September 2009, 13:38   #957
Senior - BHPian

Watched Crank 2 yesterday-
Agree with all the reviews here.
Its rubbish.
Rating- 0/5
Old 1st September 2009, 14:10   #958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Which one?

I saw the last part; well, was too unrealistic story for me when you compare with the first. Not bad though.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009): 3/5
Since it was my first stint with ICE AGE. It was the first part and i loved it more than the kids

Next in line is Gulaal. Someone mentioned its pretty long, so i am a bit apprehensive. I like my movies to get over in 2 hours or less
Old 1st September 2009, 14:32   #959
Senior - BHPian

Saw the trailer of 'Final Destination 4' Rest in Pieces. It appears to be the most gory of the series and whats more its in 3D. Releasing this Friday. Sounds exciting.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:46   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
I agree with this and as a matter of fact i watched Before Sunrise and Before Sunset back to back after someone recommended and gave me the movies.

And it made more sense watching them back to back on a lazy sunday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks