Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 11:43   #916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched " Requiem of Dream" starring Jeniffer O'Connelly and Jared Leto. My god what a movie.

After watching this movie, i was completely disturbed and could not sleep in the night. I plan to sue the person who recommended this movie

It's the dark story of 4 people who's dreams gets squashed by life and what ensues after that and how they cope with their life. If you have a strong heart, watch it, others you can give it a skip.

I felt terribly sorry for Jared's Mom ( she won an oscar for this role, i think) and also for Jennifer. Wayne and Jared were ok because they brought it upon themselves.

I dont even know what to rate this movie since it was a love and hate feeling. So i will leave the rating wide open
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
More info on the story line for that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Yeah Avi , please share it in detail and be ready to lose another night's sleep

Guys, my short review above.. Its about 4 common people who get entangled in drub abuse to cope up with their failures and loneliness.

Like i said, felt really sorry for Jared's mom. This makes your realize when you get old and no children to take care of you, what hell you go through
Old 24th August 2009, 14:15   #917
Senior - BHPian

What a coincidence. I have `Requiem for a Dream' on DVD and finally got to watch it on Sat. It was highly recommended, but frankly it is good but nothing great. Of course, it is a lot better than another Aronofsky film, The Fountain.

On Sat. evening, watched Letters from iwo Zima, which is in my opinion, a great and absorbing movie. Do have close to 200 unwatched burnt DVDs (+900 DVDs overall) in my collection, and watch 2-3 movies/week.
Old 24th August 2009, 15:02   #918
Senior - BHPian

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra -
Saw it this sat.
Awesome action stuff. Had not seen such kool action since long and must watch for action lovers(lot of gizmos and gadgets)
Story- Well i dont care for story in such movies,its the same old revenge storyline.

Rating- 4.5/5
Old 24th August 2009, 15:40   #919
Senior - BHPian

Sleepy Hollow

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-sh.jpg

Saw this movie on Star Movies over the weekend. It was basically Johnny Depp's name which made me watch the entire movie.

The movie is shot well & creates a bit of mystery & suspense. The story revolves around a village in US in 1799 called Sleepy Hollow where there a number of murders in which the heads go missing.

Johnny's character is that of a Police Constable in New York who wants to use scientific methods to solve crime rather than use the existing non scientific ones.

He is sent to Sleepy Hollow to solve the mystery by using his scientific methods.

The movie is very gripping in some parts & Johnny's interesting character makes it even more fun to watch.

rating 3.5/5
Old 24th August 2009, 16:44   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, my short review above.. Its about 4 common people who get entangled in drub abuse to cope up with their failures and loneliness.

Like i said, felt really sorry for Jared's mom. This makes your realize when you get old and no children to take care of you, what hell you go through
I too saw "Requiem of Dream" this weekend and liked it. I would rate it 4/5.
Its about how people's addictions (food, drugs, prescription meds) affect their goals in life (being on tv, starting a business, living a life).

Also saw children of heaven Bacheha-Ye aseman (1997) - very good movie but i found the ending a bit abrupt. However it seems there is extended ending where the boy makes a great career in running!

Last edited by jassi : 24th August 2009 at 16:49.
Old 24th August 2009, 19:56   #921
BHPian

I watched State of Play. - Good one. Must watch. Russel Crowe is just amazing.

Also saw a disaster called Crank - High Voltage. Dont suggest this even to your sworn enemy. Someone tricked Jason Statham into acting in this movie.
Old 24th August 2009, 21:09   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
Also saw a disaster called Crank - High Voltage. Dont suggest this even to your sworn enemy. Someone tricked Jason Statham into acting in this movie.
I liked the prequel. You didnt watch it?
Old 25th August 2009, 08:53   #923
Team-BHP Support

Scary Movie 3

Just like the others from this series, this one is another laugh riot. Notable are the spoofs of Eminem's 8 Mile, The Signs, President Bush, a dig at MJ, etc. Needless to say, you can only enjoy this series if you have watched the movies they spoof at.

Nice timepass!

Bennyboy Rating : ***

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-scary_movie_3_x.jpg
Old 25th August 2009, 15:56   #924
Senior - BHPian

I somehow liked the 1 and 2 Scary Movies better.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:02   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Someone tricked Jason Statham into acting in this movie.
Actually he suits best for this role. Super confused and irritated all the time.
Old 25th August 2009, 22:05   #926
Team-BHP Support

In Bruges

Colin Farell, Brendan Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes star in this movie wherein two hitmen are sent to Bruges to while away time following a mission they accomplished. While awaiting their next mission, the story takes a twist which keeps you totally engrossed.

I quite loved the background score through the movie, and the way the bonding between the two in the lead role is built up.

Started out quite slow and i was even left wondering at one stage whether to continue watching or not. However, the sequence of events were quite rivetting.

Colin Farell has an excellent outing, and the myriad of expressions displayd by both Colin as well as Brendan are quite admirable.

Worth a watch for sure!

Bennyboy Rating : ****

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-inbruges3800.jpg
Old 25th August 2009, 22:22   #927
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the following movies last week :-

Jungle Book ( Walt Disney) : My nieces are visiting from US so along with them enjoyed this movie. Its a lovely animation with evergreen characters like like Mogli and Sher Khan

Must watch

4.5/5

The Crimson Rivers-Starring Jean Reno and Vincent Cassel. Jean is a super cop investigation a series of murders in a picturequse town of France. Vincent is the local homicide cop and they eventually work together to solve this crime.

Nice gripping story line, breathtaking locations in France and decent mix of action.

4/5 ( Additional 1 only for location which alone is worth the movie)
Old 26th August 2009, 09:45   #928
BHPian

the scary movir rip offs are amazing maan!
i even love the hot shots movies
Old 26th August 2009, 15:42   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw the following movies last week :-

Jungle Book ( Walt Disney) : My nieces are visiting from US so along with them enjoyed this movie. Its a lovely animation with evergreen characters like like Mogli and Sher Khan

Must watch
I must have seen this movie atleast 200 times An absolute all time favorite animation, especially the song "Bear necessities" is awesome
Old 26th August 2009, 15:54   #930
Senior - BHPian

LOL that song is good & that Song sequence in the old Temple with the Orangutan Is hilarious

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks