Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:46   #781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
An excellent movie. Don Cheadle has become one of my most favourite actors among the current bunch. Remember him in Crash?
That movie(Crash) is in the queue, how is it? It got good rating at imdb. Now watching Seven.
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:09   #782
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
That movie(Crash) is in the queue, how is it? It got good rating at imdb. Now watching Seven.
Kaushik, i would highly recommend Crash. Its one of those movies which will leave you thinking, while keeping you highly engrossed as well. A definite must-see.
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:21   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What??? What is it doing in a queue?? Drop everything else and see this one first. There is a scene in the movie somewhere in the middle, which makes my heart stop every time i see it.

Seven is good too. With such a power packed cast, it has to be!
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:11   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Kaushik, i would highly recommend Crash. Its one of those movies which will leave you thinking, while keeping you highly engrossed as well. A definite must-see.
Quote:
What??? What is it doing in a queue?? Drop everything else and see this one first. There is a scene in the movie somewhere in the middle, which makes my heart stop every time i see it.

Seven is good too. With such a power packed cast, it has to be!

So it seems to be highly recommended. So need to change the priority. But the problem is that next in line is "One flew over Cuckoo's nest", so tell me if I should change the queue.

Yeah, liked Seven, a definite watch.
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:17   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So it seems to be highly recommended. So need to change the priority. But the problem is that next in line is "One flew over Cuckoo's nest", so tell me if I should change the queue.
Thats easy
See Crash first, and then READ One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest. Jack Nicholson has done better work elsewhere.
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:27   #786
Senior - BHPian

I agree forget everything & watch Crash first, its a brilliant movie
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:16   #787
Senior - BHPian

Ok done ;-) Will watch crash today. And about reading books, argh I've lost all my patience to read a book.
Old 24th July 2009, 00:27   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a scene in the movie somewhere in the middle, which makes my heart stop every time i see it.
I think I know which scene you are talking about, it's the one with that lil' kid right?

BTW, thanks guys (amitoj, bensb and Techno) , really thanks a lot for recommending this masterpiece.

Another thing, just after the movie I was reading the comments about this movie in imdb by other viewers and it seems many people got the story/movie so wrong. Everyone is talking just about racism message. But to me this movie is not just about racism(probably not at all) but about oneself and about what circumstances can make one to react, how we take things in the wrong way without knowing the other side of the story, our prejudices. How many times we judge another person without even knowing anything about that person. This movie shows us that. This story is as real as it can get. A must must watch.

OK, now let me know, which should be the next - One Flew over Cuckoo's nest/ Taxi Driver/From here to eternity/I'm Sam/Road to perdition/Scarface/Once upon a time in America/12 angry men. Actually there are many more DVD's that I got and want to finish them before I pick up the next lot.
Old 24th July 2009, 01:28   #789
Senior - BHPian

Scarface - Say hello to my little friend!
Old 24th July 2009, 12:58   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I know which scene you are talking about, it's the one with that lil' kid right?

BTW, thanks guys (amitoj, bensb and Techno) , really thanks a lot for recommending this masterpiece.

Another thing, just after the movie I was reading the comments about this movie in imdb by other viewers and it seems many people got the story/movie so wrong. Everyone is talking just about racism message. But to me this movie is not just about racism(probably not at all) but about oneself and about what circumstances can make one to react, how we take things in the wrong way without knowing the other side of the story, our prejudices. How many times we judge another person without even knowing anything about that person. This movie shows us that. This story is as real as it can get. A must must watch.

OK, now let me know, which should be the next - One Flew over Cuckoo's nest/ Taxi Driver/From here to eternity/I'm Sam/Road to perdition/Scarface/Once upon a time in America/12 angry men. Actually there are many more DVD's that I got and want to finish them before I pick up the next lot.
Yup!! Thats the scene i was talking about. Even though i know what is going to happen next in the scene, it still just shakes me up completely.

Well, in a way, racism is an outcome of strong prejudices only. But yes, the movie actually digs deeper than the race issue. The line by the cop Ryan, "You think you know who you are. You have no idea." really sums it up.

Watch 12 Angry Men first. It was made in hindi too. I dont know if they copied the last scene or not. But that was the most memorable scene of the movie. After that, I am Sam.

If you give merit to a movie that was groundbreaking when it came out even though today such a movie wont even get noticed, then watch Taxi Driver and Scarface.
Old 24th July 2009, 14:22   #791
Senior - BHPian

Just read the reviews before you decide to watch them(if not watched already)
Night At the Museum 2 is boring: Rediff.com movies

Review: Luck is a dud: Rediff.com movies
Old 24th July 2009, 14:35   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Scarface - Say hello to my little friend!
Quote:
Watch 12 Angry Men first. It was made in hindi too. I dont know if they copied the last scene or not. But that was the most memorable scene of the movie. After that, I am Sam.

If you give merit to a movie that was groundbreaking when it came out even though today such a movie wont even get noticed, then watch Taxi Driver and Scarface.
Ok, have the weekend in sight and if I'm not going anywhere for a shoot then I'll finish these movies.

Quote:
Yup!! Thats the scene i was talking about. Even though i know what is going to happen next in the scene, it still just shakes me up completely.

Well, in a way, racism is an outcome of strong prejudices only. But yes, the movie actually digs deeper than the race issue. The line by the cop Ryan, "You think you know who you are. You have no idea." really sums it up.
I know I was shocked when I first seen the scene and almost cried but then the scene changes and what a relief it was.
Yes, the movie has a much deeper meaning then what it means in first glance.
Old 24th July 2009, 15:05   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Watch 12 Angry Men first. It was made in hindi too.
Yep that was "Ek Ruka Hua Faisla" which is a brilliant movie. I have been trying to source 12 angry men without any success :(
Old 24th July 2009, 16:17   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yep that was "Ek Ruka Hua Faisla" which is a brilliant movie. I have been trying to source 12 angry men without any success :(
Try in Landmark (if there is any) and if they don't have it you can ask them to source it for you. I did similarly before(for a audio CD) and they got it within a week. Still if you not able to get it then I can make a copy and send it ;-)
Old 24th July 2009, 16:29   #795
Senior - BHPian

hmm we do have landmark here(just one outlet), let me try there as well as at Crossword, thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks