Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 14:26   #8626
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
That sucks, is it so bad there? In my city, 2 of the mulitplexes start right on time and I have in fact missed a couple of minutes due to delays in getting snacks etc. Inox here starts late but that too is capped at 10 minutes, based on my limited experience. Running ads for 30 minutes is
It is pretty bad. At least was. Might have changed in the last 4 odd years. The last i saw was in Infinity wars and that was in the 25 min ballpark. And the national anthem to used to be some proprietary version lasting more than 2 mins (The official one is supposed to be ~50 seconds I guess) with lots of emotional pauses and drama etc, sung by bollywood singers,IIRC Lata Mangeshkar and someone else.

Also I do not understand if watching something without paying (Piracy) is bad, how is forcing advts when paid for is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Thanks for reminding me. Nothing I hate more than standing for any country's "national anthem". They have the same thing at baseball games in the US.
Haha, Nice to know this. While I have no idea about baseball (Or most of the sports), is this also played Like IPL/EPL as in clubs vs Clubs of country Vs Country. Assuming its the first as I cant recall any other country playing this sport
As George Orwell said, International Sports is "War Minus the Shooting" I guess the forced patriotism parts would fit a bit.

Last edited by Sandy Damodaran : 13th June 2022 at 14:27. Reason: Typo correction
Sandy Damodaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 08:59   #8627
Distinguished - BHPian

Chernobyl - The Lost Tapes

This should be really good. Looking forward to June 22nd for the release

ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 08:45   #8628
Senior - BHPian

Spiderman: No Way Home

Streaming: Netflix

What a pathetic movie. I just lost faith in Marvel movies. First Shang chi and then this. As the movie progress it was getting difficult to watch one spiderman and then we have 3 and each fighting over numbers. How numb and dumb. Didnt knew Zendaya could over act too along with the other partner. Benedict Cumberbatch was wasted in this movie. Am i the only one who felt this or there are others in the forum too?

Not recommended at all.

Rating: 2/5
ghodlur is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:02   #8629
BHPian

Jurassic Park Dominion

My daughter and I saw this movie last week. We are Jurassic park fans and we enjoyed the movie. Especially since this one brought all the characters together. Although the 3D experience wasn't much to write home about - this would have been better in 2D.

The thing that irked me most was the insane amount of ads shown before the movie and during the interval. Why show ads when we have already paid large amounts for tickets plus snacks ? This ruins the whole experience and its just like watching a movie at home waiting for the ads to finish and movie to being.
Old 18th June 2022, 10:26   #8630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

What a pathetic movie. I just lost faith in Marvel movies. First Shang chi and then this. As the movie progress it was getting difficult to watch one spiderman and then we have 3 and each fighting over numbers. How numb and dumb. Didnt knew Zendaya could over act too along with the other partner. Benedict Cumberbatch was wasted in this movie. Am i the only one who felt this or there are others in the forum too?

Not recommended at all.

We might be few but we are there. My wife dozed off in the middle and only the disappointment kept me awake!

Huge marvel comic fan but of late these movies are just boring for me.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 12:45   #8631
BHPian

Quote:

What a pathetic movie. I just lost faith in Marvel movies......
Not recommended at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
We might be few but we are there. My wife dozed off in the middle and only the disappointment kept me awake!

I had a good time watching it. Respect your contrary views. Just wanted to know more about your perspective. Have you seen the movies with Tobey and Andrew?
I thought No way home captured the essence of what it means to be Peter/Spiderman and the choices/sacrifices that he eventually has to make, irrespective of the universe he inhabits.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 12:52   #8632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One more here

I tried watching it thrice, till now haven't been able to cross one hour mark. Its just
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 12:53   #8633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I had a good time watching it. Respect your contrary views. Just wanted to know more about your perspective. Have you seen the movies with Tobey and Andrew?
I thought No way home captured the essence of what it means to be Peter/Spiderman and the choices/sacrifices that he eventually has to make, irrespective of the universe he inhabits.
I agree. I mean we got to accept that MCU movies are big on fan service. This one has loads of it. I watched it in cinema and had a great time.

When the portal opens (you know where), I was so excited that probably the only time I would have yelled louder in a cinema Hall was when Cap picked up Mjolnir in end game.

I mean I can go on, but it would be spoiler to those who have not watched it. But 'Sacrifice' that is what being spiderman means. And this movie captures it beautifully.
vibbs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 13:03   #8634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not recommended at all.

I saw it in IMAX when it was released. Had a blast and felt it to be full of entertainment. Probably it's the home viewing which might be not that good. Will try watching it again on Netflix and see if that changes my perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Jurassic Park Dominion

My daughter and I saw this movie last week. We are Jurassic park fans and we enjoyed the movie. Especially since this one brought all the characters together. Although the 3D experience wasn't much to write home about - this would have been better in 2D.

The thing that irked me most was the insane amount of ads shown before the movie and during the interval. Why show ads when we have already paid large amounts for tickets plus snacks ? This ruins the whole experience and its just like watching a movie at home waiting for the ads to finish and movie to being.
Too many contrary views about this movie. I am a big Jurassic park fan and i actually enjoyed the last 2 as well. Was planning to see this in IMAX but now may see it in normal pvr.

Ads before movies is a big put off. By my timing it's atleast 15 mins long. During interval ads are still ok but now they have increased duration of intervals too. Earlier it used to be barely 10 mins long interval. Now it easily crosses 20 mins. However, national anthems aren't done now in 2 places i watch most, CityWalk IMAX and Pvr near my home. That's a relief.

Quote:

You got a point. Marvel has become a CGI fest with not much of a solid story thrown in most of their movies. I believe after Endgame they just don't know which direction they wanna go.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 16:50   #8635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like I said in my previous post, I am a big Marvel comic book fan whereas my sister is the DC collector I have seen all the previous movies and I really liked Tobey's first movie.

My issues were petty but they ruined the movie for me. Holland always doing the superhero Spidey pose when he lands, his friend being able to use the ring to open the portal whereas our resident sorcerer supreme struggled during his days of training and how Spidey so easily removed the ring from Strange's fingers and the Ultimate defender of Earth from Mystical/Supernatural forces had to say please to Spidey and his friends to Scooby doo stuff.

I do believe Holland makes an excellent Peter/Spiderman but this movie was just meh. Maybe I'm just getting old and cynical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I saw it in IMAX when it was released. Had a blast and felt it to be full of entertainment. Probably it's the home viewing which might be not that good. Will try watching it again on Netflix and see if that changes my perception.

You got a point. Marvel has become a CGI fest with not much of a solid story thrown in most of their movies. I believe after Endgame they just don't know which direction they wanna go.
I strongly believe a good movie should be enjoyable irrespective of the size of the screen

My issue with Marvel movies started when they made Thor develop PTSD (?) and a beer belly. Thor is someone who singlehandedly beats Thanos to a pulp with some help from Odin's enchanted armor and gloves. (That comic page is just epic!) Oh I collect Thor in paperback and hardcover versions and is my favorite character from Marveldom. I don't have much hope for the new Thor movie as well.

Shall stop my nerdiness
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-theindividualinfinitystonesaren_tpowerfulenoughtostopthanosphotou1.jpg  

deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 06:57   #8636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to know more about your perspective. Have you seen the movies with Tobey and Andrew?
Yeah. I have seen the movies. With Tobey it was the initial craze a new superhero admiration. The third installment of Tobey was again a big bore. With Andrew it was kind of seasoning of the spiderman movies. I honestly for one never felt Andrew was suited for the role but the 2 movies were fun to watch coz of the story and the villans. With Tom Holland I felt the spiderman franchisee went back to the kids and the adults were left wondering why isnt Spiderman growing up?. I watch the Spiderman movies with my son since he is a big fan on the superhero and thats it nowadays.

Thats my perspective.
ghodlur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 07:45   #8637

This weekend saw Suzhlal .. Amazon prime web series.
Fantastic thriller. Even though story is one liner, the making, screenplay, acting made it worth watching the thriller or investigation movie.
Old 20th June 2022, 09:11   #8638
BANNED

Yes, absolutely a fantastic masterpiece, a gripping thriller which keeps you on the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoWiki View Post
This weekend saw Suzhlal .. Amazon prime web series.
Fantastic thriller. Even though story is one liner, the making, screenplay, acting made it worth watching the thriller or investigation movie.
Old 20th June 2022, 10:20   #8639
Senior - BHPian

Spiderhead on Netflix:

A movie that started well enough but then rapidly descended into chaos (and not the good kind).

Chris Hemsworth was good to watch but overall a movie that can be safely missed.

2/5

Blood Red Sky on Netflix:

A horror (?) movie which was a bit different. Not very many cliches and overall a movie to be watched if you are fans of the genre. Some scenes are really gory.

3/5
Old 20th June 2022, 11:49   #8640
BHPian

Quote:
Like I said in my previous post, I am a big Marvel comic book fan whereas my sister is the DC collector
Hello from a fellow comic fan. Strictly DC though, not Marvel . Always been a Hal Jordan/ Green Lantern Corps fan.

Quote:
My issues were petty but they ruined the movie for me. Holland always doing the superhero Spidey pose when he lands, his friend being able to use the ring to open the portal whereas our resident sorcerer supreme struggled during his days of training and how Spidey so easily removed the ring from Strange's fingers and the Ultimate defender of Earth from Mystical/Supernatural forces had to say please to Spidey and his friends to Scooby doo stuff.
Agreed! They did the Master of the Mystical Arts dirty, both in this and the Multiverse of Madness. The guy defeated (defeated, not bargained) Dormammu and Mephisto for crying out loud! That being said, I'll still argue that Doctor Strange is just a chinese copy of Doctor Fate!

Quote:
I do believe Holland makes an excellent Peter/Spiderman but this movie was just meh. Maybe I'm just getting old and cynical.
I think the problem was the limited characters owned by Sony. They had to recycle old villains, though Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina played their parts to perfection! This was fan service to the Marvel movies fans, not the comics fans.

Quote:
My issue with Marvel movies started when they made Thor develop PTSD (?) and a beer belly. Thor is someone who singlehandedly beats Thanos to a pulp with some help from Odin's enchanted armor and gloves. (That comic page is just epic!) Oh I collect Thor in paperback and hardcover versions and is my favorite character from Marveldom. I don't have much hope for the new Thor movie as well.
Agreed. Not a fan of what they did to Thor. They turned the guy who knocked out the almighty Phoenix Force, into a Fortnite playing, beer chugging man-child caricature. Thats low!

Quote:
Shall stop my nerdiness
Please dont! Plenty of nerds here!
GeneralJazz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks