Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 23:55   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Hope you have a good home theatre. It has a great scene which has to be enjoyed in a big screen.

Travolta is neat. Modern terroist (love the begining of the film)

And mobike; blueDVD gets the censored version :P
Now JK, you had to go and spoil the fun for me by saying its censored...LOL. Will check out the movie this weekend, too hectic schedule so cant see in between.

I have a decent if not great set-up at home. 40" Samsung LCD, Onkyo 5.1 Channel Home Theatre System, Sony DVD Player/PS3 Connected with HDMI to HT and LCD with a collection of over 150 English Movie Original DVD's bought from the US of A.

Some of the Hyd TBHPian's can vouch for my set-up
Old 5th June 2009, 01:18   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Love the guy. Ought to see this too. Check out 'Leon' if you like him.
yep i have that movie lined up for the weekend
Old 5th June 2009, 04:30   #483
Senior - BHPian

u-turn

just watched u-turn(1997) yesterday.

the movie stars sean penn (good expression), j-lo(looks hot), billy bob thronton(not much to do).

it was a good movie, apparently musafir's story was minorly influenced by this movie, that's what i felt. just changed to make it more bollywoodish.

i would rate it 3.5/5

also saw Terminator Salvation two days back. Mind blowing film.

being a huge fan of terminator franchise(films), i had rate this at par with T-2. CG, action sequences, sound production are top notch. the twist at the end was also good and its a story well told. the performances of stars are gud, specially Christian Dale.

i would rate this 4.75/5. a must watch movie, especially in theatres or on blu-ray.

Last edited by chevelle : 5th June 2009 at 04:36. Reason: t4 review added
Old 5th June 2009, 10:03   #484
BHPian

Quote:
performances of stars are gud, specially Christian Dale.
You mean Christian Bale, of course. See some of his early work if you really like him- specially Empires of the sun (he is the kid) and American Psycho (Awesome, but gory. Not for the faint of stomach)
Old 5th June 2009, 10:13   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, that link does not take me to the Devils Reject review. Can you paste it here, please? I was reading somewhere that it is a gory and sadistic movie and meant only for pure horror fans. Then i guess its for me
Here ya go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
*snip*Rod Zombie's The Devils Rejects (2005) and The House of 1000 Corpses (2003, I think) are pretty good "gore" movies.

These are not the typical mindless teen-slasher movies, but genuinely creepy-uncomfortable movies. The "creepiness" is induced not from outright gore but from the atmosphere and the characters (/acting).

*snip*!
The House of 1000 Corpses was the first movie and The Devil's Rejects is the second movie in the series. You don't need to have seen the first one to enjoy the second one. In fact I saw The Devils Rejects first, and then The House of 1000 Corpses .

I'm not particularly a fan of this genre but I also like getting my mind messed up once in a while, heh, heh.

If you're looking for more disturbing stuff, pure psychological stuff, without the "supernatural" aspects and zero gore, try Salo, the 120 days of Sodom and Teorema. Both are pretty old movies of Pasolini's, but they do not lack in the disturbance aspect. Both movies are Italian. I'm still looking for a copy of Teorema with English subtitles :( But the movie is not too dependant on dialogue to get the point across. And the theme of Teorema is as beautiful as it is disturbing.

Apparently, Lars von Trier's Antichrist (screened at Cannes this year) is also a pretty disturbing movie, and graphically so.
Old 5th June 2009, 10:38   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
*snip*Rod Zombie's The Devils Rejects (2005) and The House of 1000 Corpses (2003, I think) are pretty good "gore" movies.
Rob Zombie, ain't that a death metal/ New Age band? I have the House of 1000 Corpses album, with songs like "Dragula", "Living Dead Girl" etc. Pretty cool. Never knew it was a movie though

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 5th June 2009 at 10:45.
Old 5th June 2009, 12:10   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Rob Zombie, ain't that a death metal/ New Age band? I have the House of 1000 Corpses album, with songs like "Dragula", "Living Dead Girl" etc. Pretty cool. Never knew it was a movie though
I think you mean Rob Zombie. Carry that album next time we meet, would like to check out their songs.

Thanks Hydra, i reckon DR will be the first movie i will check out this weekend.
Old 5th June 2009, 14:18   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The House of 1000 Corpses was the first movie and The Devil's Rejects is the second movie in the series. You don't need to have seen the first one to enjoy the second one. In fact I saw The Devils Rejects first, and then The House of 1000 Corpses .
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Rob Zombie was the lead singer of one of the Genre-defining and Genre-defying bands of the 90's - White Zombie.
Those that are Sabbath fans will remember the outstanding cover of Children of the Grave by White Zombie.

Not missable is the Astro-creep:2000 album.

I am a big fan of Rob Zombie and his genre of trashy/industrial music. My favourite album is of course Hellbilly Deluxe from which the famous Dragula appeared in The Matrix.
And yes Rob created these 2 horror-trash movies and you can find most of the soundtrack on "The Sinister Urge". Don't forget the classic headbanging anthem "Iron Head" featuring Ozzy on vocals. Also another lovely album I don't have is "American made music to strip by" - the album name explains the trash of it all.

If you like some bone-crunching banging with a serious Industrial touch, Rob's the man. Not as serious as NIN, not as mad as MM and I can dance to it too!

Some of you may have noticed my old signatures from the last album "Educated Horses" BABY! I'm a Rob Zombie fan!
Old 5th June 2009, 15:05   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam, the way you described Rob Zombie, you practically made him out to be a legend. I can't wait to check his music out

Got " Gone" delivered today. Its about an American couple on an Australian outback adventure or something.

Has anyone seen it?
Old 5th June 2009, 18:10   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sam, the way you described Rob Zombie, you practically made him out to be a legend. I can't wait to check his music out
Most of his CDs have been officially released in India.

Also check Rob sing the Title track to MatrixII:Reloaded.

It's called "Reload" and it's an evil track.
Old 6th June 2009, 17:47   #491
BANNED

Seen Mystic River.

The film was little bit slow. But the actors were superb.

Rating : 3.5/5
Old 6th June 2009, 18:17   #492
BHPian

just saw 'strangers' The Strangers (2008)
Its about a couple whose house gets broken into by masked strangers - really makes one think what to do in such a situation. The movie had some shocking moments in the start, but the rest of it was pretty ok.
I'd give it a 3.5/5
Old 6th June 2009, 18:50   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Seen Mystic River.

The film was little bit slow. But the actors were superb.

Rating : 3.5/5
Yep slow but a brilliant movie. Sean Penn won an oscar for his performance in this.
Old 6th June 2009, 22:46   #494
Senior - BHPian

Big Mistake! Watched Crank2 with bro and father. It is alomst an 'x' rated movie. I ran off from the home theatre room embarrassed.
Old 7th June 2009, 00:02   #495
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Big Mistake! Watched Crank2 with bro and father. It is alomst an 'x' rated movie. I ran off from the home theatre room embarrassed.
Yeah! even those horses were embarrassed by this guy's performance on their track! This movie was a little too much of everything.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks