Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 03:57   #1696
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Thank you for suggesting the 5 day premium plan which cost me $2 or ₹140.
Opted for that plan to have a general idea of the content available and if English subs are available.

Watched "The Great Indian Kitchen"
Excellent movie and superb performance by the lead whom I last saw in "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum"
It is a difficult movie to watch for anyone reading the title and hoping for a cookery based show.
Thank you once again for suggesting the movie and streaming service plan.
Glad I could be of help.

As for the movie, it's amazing isn't it? The trailers would have you thinking it's a movie based on cooking as a hobby/art and then the true revelation comes along! I chose not to read any reviews going in to watch the movie, and let the story take me along.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 15:45   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Did you also notice the lead pair dont have names?
Now that you mention, yeah!
Should watch again. Just to be sure.

I liked that fact that kitchen sounds, every small one is captured. And more is told with silence and sounds than with dialogs.

Brilliant movie!
Old 19th January 2021, 16:58   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Do anyone know where to buy dvd of tamil movie 24 (2016), i couldn't find it in any streaming services.
This is available on Hotstar in Telugu. Care to share a review of the film? Watched the trailer and couldnt decide if I want to watch it
Edit: Available here for a Rs 50 monthly subsciption.

Last edited by procrj : 19th January 2021 at 17:02.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:03   #1699
KPR
BANNED

Watched tamil movie Bhoomi in Hotstar. 0.5/5. That 0.5 goes to the Force Gurkha explorer that the hero drives.
KPR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:18   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
This is available on Hotstar in Telugu. Care to share a review of the film? Watched the trailer and couldnt decide if I want to watch it
Watched it when it came out in theaters, its a decent watch. The present day Surya in the movie gets grating sometimes but on the whole a good masala movie
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:51   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for suggesting the 5 day premium plan which cost me $2 or ₹140.
Opted for that plan to have a general idea of the content available and if English subs are available.

Watched "The Great Indian Kitchen"
Excellent movie and superb performance by the lead whom I last saw in "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum"
It is a difficult movie to watch for anyone reading the title and hoping for a cookery based show.
Thank you once again for suggesting the movie and streaming service plan.
It seems most major OTT guys refused to stream this movie due to some of its prickly references; only this new and unknown platform picked it up. What a tragedy it would have been had it remained unreleased!
WindRide is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 04:19   #1702
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
It seems most major OTT guys refused to stream this movie due to some of its prickly references; only this new and unknown platform picked it up. What a tragedy it would have been had it remained unreleased!
I didn't know that. I imagined the reason Neestream picked it up was to ensure a popular movie (based on trailers) being released on their platform. To a lot of people including myself, this platform was unheard of till this movie.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 08:23   #1703
BHPian

Pulikkuthi Pandi streaming on SunNXT

Happy Republic Day 2021 to all.

A run of the mill story of an orphan who is a do-gooder and gets into fights with the bad elements of his village. He is asked to reform by the girl he falls in love with. The girl's family has indirectly affected his life when he was a young boy - no spoilers here.

Anyway, as always, the girl has two brothers one of whom is a drunk and the other a gambler and these two wasted superstars have taken a huge loan from a loan shark. The film then moves to the tussle between the hero and the loan shark family of thugs.

I have only one grouse with the movie. When the hero was not even engaged to the heroine who did not like him in the first instance, why did he need to get so involved with her family - bailing each family member out at every turn. He could have just moved on and the director could have found 2nd heroine to take the movie forward.

It is the last 15 minutes of the movie that will make your time worth. You spend 2 hours wondering why the hero is ruining his life for such a worthless set of in-laws.

As always, if you really have nothing else to do on this lazy Republic day and want to while away the hours, you may watch this movie. It is definitely not a must watch but will help you spend the hours away from all the drama happening around.

Off Topic
Telugu movie "Krack" will drop on on 5th Feb on AHA streaming app. It was to be released on 29th Jan but has been pushed forward by a week.
Tamil movie "Master" will drop on 12th Feb on Prime.

Last edited by Ithaca : 26th January 2021 at 08:24.
Old 26th January 2021, 09:11   #1704
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Thanks but its not available from india, amazon prime also have it but cant stream from here.

Its nicely done time loop movie from india, good movie if you like sci-fi stuff for others its just another surya movie.
Old 26th January 2021, 19:56   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Soorarai Pottru joins Oscars under General Category in Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Original Score and other categories. The film is now available in the Academy Screening Room.

The Regional movies thread!-20210126_195535.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 21:26   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Tamil movie "Master" will drop on 12th Feb on Prime.
Correction: Tamil movie "Master" drops on 29th Jan on Prime. Seems like it did not do all that well at the box office.
The Telugu theatre owners asked producers of "Krack" to postpone OTT release since business picked up as the movie turned out to be good time pass. AHA obliged and moved the release.
Guess same was not done for "Master" despite theatre owners requesting postponement of OTT release.

Oru Vadakkan Selfie on Hotstar, Malayalam with subs.

Saw this movie because Nivin. A selfie taken by an aimless hero turns his life around and gets him involved in circumstances he never envisioned.
Do watch. Good movie.

Last edited by Ithaca : 27th January 2021 at 21:30.
Ithaca is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 11:21   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Watched it today, and it was really bad. The other Vijay, Sethupathi did hold my attention but the others were just there to over-act
Quote:
Correction: Tamil movie "Master" drops on 29th Jan on Prime.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 12:02   #1708
Senior - BHPian

I hapenned to catch the Malayalam movie ‘Athiran’ yesterday. Terrific acting as always by Fahad. There are some scenes in the movie that will make you cringe with disgust, such is the way the director had extracted performances from the cast. Loved it, though the last half hour disappear a bit unrealistic.

Pulikutthi Pandi(Tamil)- I felt that it is a story borrowed straight out of the typical 80’s revenge type movies and told to us in a fashion that doesn’t evince your interest. Watch if and only if you have nothing else to do.
Old 1st February 2021, 05:36   #1709
Team-BHP Support

Kilometres and kilometres (Malayalam) - Netflix

The Regional movies thread!-kandk.jpg

Foreigner girl meets local boy. Local boy cant speak English. Indian culture trumps Western culture. Add in some more clichés and you get the gist of what this movie is all about.

Only saving grace for me is the easy going pace, and that a bike is shown as more than just a lump of metal.

I was expecting more from this movie, seeing the trailers.
benbsb29 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 07:17   #1710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Foreigner girl meets local boy. Local boy cant speak English. Indian culture trumps Western culture. Add in some more clichés and you get the gist of what this movie is all about.
Yeah, it was indeed clichés and clichés – completely different from the director’s next attempt (The Great Indian Kitchen). And I felt Tovino was struggling with the innocent good boy act

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks