Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2023, 09:59   #3196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

The Regional movies thread!-2018movieposter.jpg

Huge expectation but was kind of disappointed. It was yet another disaster/survival movie. It was a good movie but nothing great or what we see on social media. Tovino stood out and he was really good followed by Lal, Asif Ali, Sudheesh etc. Felt Kunchacko, Indrans, Siddique were wasted in this.
Also like BHPian Geo pointed out, totally ignored the efforts of Police, fire force and others in this one.

Rating - 4/5 (SonyLiv)

Theerkadarishi - Tamil

The Regional movies thread!-screenshot-20230613-9.54.02-am.png

This had a very good story and could have been a really good thriller but totally spoiled it. Pathetic acting, editing, camera and not to mention the songs that were totally unnecessary.

Rating - 2/5 (for the story and Sathyaraj's acting) (Amazon Prime)

Started watching Custody but couldnt tolerate Naga's acting.

Ayisha looks promising but too much of Biriyani and I slept off . Planning to catch it this weekend.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 10:34   #3197
BHPian

Watched Por Thozhil (Tamil) yesterday.

There has been some recommendations coming in for the movie from some of the YouTubers I follow and all of them were advising to watch it in big screen and we took it. No regrets.

For a first time director, would rate the movie a good 3.75 out of 5. The screenplay keeps you glued for a who done it serial Killer type of movie. Not giving out any spoilers away, but found that towards the end, the movie could have made some strong character arcs better, to make it still more stronger.

The humor is subtly weaved into the story and no songs and some good camera, casting and just enough acting, makes a good one time watch. Would love to watch it again in OTT.

There is a good Contessa car in the movie for car lovers.
hamster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 19:37   #3198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Watched Por Thozhil (Tamil) yesterday.
+1. The screenplay and BGM keeps you hooked, the storyline is mediocre. Better editing could have ensured it's a tight 2 hour movie. Would recommend watching in the theatre, during a weekday, just for the uninterrupted experience. Rating it 3.5/5.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 15:17   #3199
Senior - BHPian

PS-1 & PS-2 (back to back)

Streaming: Amazon Prime.

While I expected the movies to be a magnum opus, tuned out not so much. The visuals in the movie are captivating but the story was not something out of the world. IMHO, both the parts could have been combined instead of stretching the story. Don't know what was Aishwarya Rai doing this movie other than adding the glam. Karthi got the maximum footage in both the parts and he made use of it. Overall the movie fell short of my expectations. I was expecting something which Bahubaali did to the movies of such genres.

Rating: 2.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 19:58   #3200
rbp
BHPian

The Regional movies thread!-images-2.jpeg

Daredevil Mustafa (Prime)

Wow, had zero expectations from this movie but since this movie was distributed by KRG studios I was sure it would be decent watch.

This movie is made on a short story written by popular kannada writer Purnachandra Tajasvi. Movie was crowd funded because no producer was ready to back it.

I and wife were surprised how good the movie was, this movie has a touch of Malgudi days vibes to it, people who did their college in 70's, 80's and 90's will definitely go back in time. Nice clean jokes and good dialogues.

Feel good movie with a message without getting too preachy. All the lead actors have done an outstanding job. The guy playing Ramanuja character is just a notch above the rest. Just goes on to show even with a limited budget you can make good movies, FYI, this movie was shot on mirroless cams obviously due to lack of funds.

My only regret is not watching the movie in theaters. Do watch guys.

My rating - 4/5
rbp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 13:43   #3201
Senior - BHPian

Trishanku:

This is a movie about two couples who elope on the same day. I think some parts are in the mould of old Priyadarshan movies, but do not expect a comedy caper. The running time is only close to 2 hours. So the makers have been able to keep it engaging. I think the uncle characters (Nandu, Suresh Krishna) were involved in the best moments in the movie, more than the lead couple (Arjun Asokan, Anna Ben). The comedy is clean and mostly situational rather than dialogue-based. Overall, I found it to be an enjoyable movie.
StarrySky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 20:15   #3202
BHPian

Maamannan - Tamizh

Fahadh keeps You at the edge of the seat, as always and Udayanidhi shines in his role.

But what a riveting performance by Vadivelu, befitting the titular role.
He makes his mark in every scene he appears, making one wonder if this is the same Vadivelu, we have come to know over the years. Especially, the one scene, where he stands alone in grief - he makes the audience feel the character's anguish and the whole theatre went mute with teary-eyes, almost as a mark of respect.

While his comic relief's are etched for a life-time, the industry has lost by overlooking the Actor in Vadivelu for more than three decades.

Actor Vadivelu, take a bow, two, three and more.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 1st July 2023 at 20:19.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 22:44   #3203
Senior - BHPian

Madhura Manohara Moham - (M) (Theatre) - 3/5

An average satirical movie with some good humour in between. Sharafudeen did very well, never knew he would take up a main stream character.
Old 3rd July 2023, 00:21   #3204
BHPian

Por Thozhil - Theaters

The Regional movies thread!-screenshot_20230703001533__01__01.jpg

One of the best crime thrillers I've watched of late! Sarath Kumar shines in his age appropriate cop role, with next to nil smiles! The way the murder investigation unfolds kind of gives a 'Silence of the Lambs' vibe - not in a deja vu way but in a nice way! Definitely worth a watch in the theater!

Rating - 4.5/5
Geo_Ipe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 10:36   #3205
Distinguished - BHPian

Live - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-znziyndc1._v1_.jpg

Nothing new here. Have seen similar stories before. Felt most of the characters were wasted here especially Soubin.

Rating - 1.5/5 (Manorama Max) - Can be avoided.

Trishanku - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-zq1ndi._v1_.jpg

This one didn't disappoint. It was a good watch and especially loved Nandu and Suresh Krishna in this. Totally agree with BHPian StarrySky - They did try some Priyadarshan style in this and it was enjoyable.

Rating - 4/5 (Netflix) - Recommended.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 10:59   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Attachment 2468054

Daredevil Mustafa (Prime)

Wow, had zero expectations from this movie but since this movie was distributed by KRG studios I was sure it would be decent watch.

This movie is made on a short story written by popular kannada writer Purnachandra Tajasvi. Movie was crowd funded because no producer was ready to back it.

I and wife were surprised how good the movie was, this movie has a touch of Malgudi days vibes to it, people who did their college in 70's, 80's and 90's will definitely go back in time. Nice clean jokes and good dialogues.

Feel good movie with a message without getting too preachy. All the lead actors have done an outstanding job. The guy playing Ramanuja character is just a notch above the rest. Just goes on to show even with a limited budget you can make good movies, FYI, this movie was shot on mirroless cams obviously due to lack of funds.

My only regret is not watching the movie in theaters. Do watch guys.

My rating - 4/5
Had watched it in theatre. The acting is top class and feels so natural. Some people I know thought its little preachy (times have become black or white). The match at the end is added I think and not part of the original story.

I have read Tejasvi's ಹಾರುವ ಓತಿ (flying lizard) at least 10 times. Not sure if someone can provide justice to that story too. The last part is so thrilling and edge of seat where you too are running behind the lizard Reading a novel is always incomparable.

4.5/5 for me

Last edited by PreludeSH : 3rd July 2023 at 11:01.
PreludeSH is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 00:51   #3207
Senior - BHPian

Mamannan - (T) - 2/5

With so much hype, decided to watch this but turned out to be a waste of time. Unnecessary violence with nothing to take away at the end. The expressionless producer/actor is always seen as depressed throughout the movie. Fahad continues his repetitive psychopath characters. Keerthi Suresh having no clue on what her character is. No idea why they had to import Lal to act as CM where he struggles to fit in when there are numerous Tamil actors who could have done that role with ease. Only saving grace is Vadivelu. Worth the watch, just for him. You get to see a different Vadivelu here and he is class. ARR music is all over the place.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 5th July 2023 at 00:53.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 07:49   #3208
Distinguished - BHPian

Good Night - Tamil

The Regional movies thread!-g4._v1_.jpg

This was one feel good movie with nothing over the top. Manikandan and Ramesh as usual acted really well. But I felt it was the lead actress's innocence that worked really well. Interactions between Manikandan and Ramesh were also really good.

Rating - 4/5 (Hotstar). Highly recommended.

Farhana - Tamil

The Regional movies thread!-otmzntqw._v1_.jpg

Started off well and had all the elements of a good thriller but spoiled it. The movie is quite long as well and that makes it worse.

Rating - 2/5 (SonyLiv). Not worth it.

Janaki Jaane - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-yndc1._v1_.jpg

I was looking forward to this but was a bit disappointed. They tried the 90's formula and the basic story was way too common. They just added few new elements. Navya Nair was decent but gelt Saiju's acting to be very artificial (Some online reviewer compared him to 90's Mohan Lal which I think was absurd).

Rating - 3/5 (Hotstar). One time watch.

Thandatti - Tamil

The Regional movies thread!-njiwmdew._v1_.jpg

This had all the elements for a great comedy thriller and felt they didn't utilize it to that extent. Having said that, it was enjoyable. But since the premise was set, they could have improved on the comic scenes. It definitely is Pasupathi's movie and he was brilliant as always.

Rating - 4/5 (Amazon Prime). Recommended.
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 23:18   #3209
Senior - BHPian

Padmini - (M) - 1/5

A very below average movie with poor script. An attempted humour film but not upto the mark. A totally wasted Kunchako Boban, who looks be out of place. Expected a better movie from the maker of the famed "Thingalazcha Nischayam".
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 23:20   #3210
rbp
BHPian

Hostel Hudugarru
Language - Kannada
Rating - 0 / 5.

Avoid even on OTT, senseless movie. I am surprised Rakshit Shetty backed this movie.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks