Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2017, 14:36   #2926
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Dear BHPians,

Are Orient watches officially available in India? If yes, where do I find them?
There you go: http://www.orientwatch.in/?s=Bambino&post_type=product
Old 26th April 2017, 15:23   #2927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
Thank you.

Coincidentally managed to find this website earlier today morning. Have already written to them with my enquiry, and they have reverted as well. Seems like there is only one distributor pan India and they are in Pune.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 20:42   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

Coincidentally managed to find this website earlier today morning. Have already written to them with my enquiry, and they have reverted as well. Seems like there is only one distributor pan India and they are in Pune.
The importer and official distributor is a neighbor in my society.
I know the family well and can be trusted as to authenticity of the goods.
Raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 10:37   #2929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
The importer and official distributor is a neighbor in my society.
I know the family well and can be trusted as to authenticity of the goods.
Great to know. However, the prices seem to be slightly higher than the ones available on Amazon global site. Lets see if he is able to provide a good discount. The model which I was looking at was not available with him, however, he informed me that it would be available as fresh imports next week. Here it is :

http://www.amazon.in/Orient-Bambino-...orient+watches
Old 29th April 2017, 13:02   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Great to know. However, the prices seem to be slightly higher than the ones available on Amazon global site. Lets see if he is able to provide a good discount. The model which I was looking at was not available with him, however, he informed me that it would be available as fresh imports next week.
Let's hope he can be competitive on price.

Nice choice of watch. Very classy. Old school look that's timeless.
Old 29th April 2017, 13:34   #2931
BHPian

Sister gifted me a Fitbit Blaze on birthday!
Use it to track my treadmill, runs, stair climbing, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-_20170429_133146.jpg  

Old 29th April 2017, 13:42   #2932
BANNED

Using moto 360 2nd gen, bought it in september. But had an issue with the display, replacement took 3 months (november to jan), worst service. But an awesome product.
Android wear is great, so much customization, easily a full day of battery, always on display.

You don't absolutely need a smartwatch, but once you start using it , you'll miss it a lot if you ever forget it. Very useful for notifications, just to see who is calling and whether you need to act or not.
Old 29th April 2017, 18:06   #2933
Distinguished - BHPian

Jean-Claude Biver (ex employee of Audemars Piguet, person who single handedly rejuvenated Omega, Blancpain and Hublot) current CEO of Tag Heuer has made a very candid, cheeky and funny admission of the ways TAG screwed up Heuer into a joke of a brand today, interesting watch :

Good news is Biver is taking the TAG name out of the equation today, hopefully he'll rejuvenate the styling and make them less sporty and more good-looking. Personally I'll stay a mile away from it for now, its just a hype machine.
Old 12th May 2017, 13:09   #2934

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Planning to buy a mid-size automatic dive watch for myself and have zeroed down to the Seiko SKX013. Could someone shed some light on where to buy the same? Thanks in advance
I have the Seiko SRP309, the orange monster. I requested a cousin to buy it from amazon USA and bring it down a few years ago. It was considerably cheaper than what ethos was quoting. Close to 50% cheaper if I remember right. You should check out prices on the Amazon USA website.
Old 12th May 2017, 18:49   #2935
Senior - BHPian

Dies anyone have any experience purchasing from Long Island Watches in the USA: http://www.longislandwatch.com/Seiko...pe=Chronograph ? It apparently a very popular and respected online store, and I was wondering if anyone on the forum has made any purchases there. If yes, how was the experience?

On another note, I see that quite a few members purchase watches from abroad and have them brought down to India through friends and relatives. Does this entail payment of import/ customs duties? If yes, at what point is it paid, and what is the typical amount (percentage) that is paid? Will be great if fellow watch enthusiasts could share their experience on this point.
Old 12th May 2017, 20:24   #2936
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

Are Orient watches officially available in India? If yes, where do I find them? has anyone picked one up? Any help and leads would be appreciated. I am specifically looking for dress watched from their Bambino range.

Edit: Noticed that they are available on Amazon global store, but seem to be priced at a premium. Anyone here who has purchased these online from Amazon? Do they come with warranty?
What beautiful watches the Orients are! Extremely well priced too, for hand wound and Automatic watches!
I think I m going to succumb to buying one soon.
Old 12th May 2017, 20:34   #2937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
What beautiful watches the Orients are! Extremely well priced too, for hand wound and Automatic watches!
I think I m going to succumb to buying one soon.
Completely agree. Really elegant, understated and vintage looks. I just pulled the trigger on one, the Orient Bambino Ver 2 Gen 2 dress watch. This is what it looks like: https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=i&rc...94687750041257

The Gen 2 has the hand winding and hacking in house developed movement, all at a killer price.

Waiting for delivery next week, since its shipped from the Amazon global store!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 12th May 2017 at 20:36.
Old 12th May 2017, 23:41   #2938
Senior - BHPian

My latest acquisition - A Seiko Kinetic

I was strolling through Phoenix Market City last week and went to the Seiko showroom just to do some window shopping - one thing lead to other and ended up buying this beauty:

Which watch do you own?-img_20170506_191128_hdr.jpg

This is the basic kinetic series, with a power reserve of 6 months, and have a glass back case like automatics and you can see the mechanism.

A tale of three Seikos - my favorite Seikos

Which watch do you own?-img_20170506_191211_hdr.jpg

The final choice was between this lovely Chronograph model and the Kinetic and at last, the simplicity of the kinetic dial won over the complexity of the chrono.

Which watch do you own?-img_20170506_150316.jpg

This is one lovely watch - in love with this beauty.

Which watch do you own?-img_20170506_150330.jpg

The downside of the impulsive splurge is that my plan to buy the Seiko Alpinist have to wait now - one more and I will probably sleeping in the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
You are runing me, man. Orient makes lovely watches - i had a tough time choosing between the black mako and seiko SNZF17, but went with SNZF17 at last.

The Orient Multi calendar looks nice and is priced very well, so is the Bambino version 4 with green sunburst dial.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 12th May 2017 at 23:59.
Old 13th May 2017, 05:26   #2939
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Completely agree. Really elegant, understated and vintage looks. I just pulled the trigger on one, the Orient Bambino Ver 2 Gen 2 dress watch. This is what it looks like: https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=i&rc...94687750041257

The Gen 2 has the hand winding and hacking in house developed movement, all at a killer price.

Waiting for delivery next week, since its shipped from the Amazon global store!

An elegant choice indeed. Ivory dial. Steel case. Lovely mock croc strap in rich dark tan. You're a-temptin' me too severely matey!
Old 14th May 2017, 09:12   #2940
BHPian

Gifted myself an automatic and a mechanical

Seiko SKX013K2

Which watch do you own?-seiko-skx013k2.jpg

HMT Pilot (White dial Blue hands)

Which watch do you own?-hmt-pilot-blue-hands.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks