Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2015, 22:03   #2671
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

My first watch was a Casio G-Shock. That was when I was in 3rd grade. I've had tons of other watches after that and but I always preferred this one to all of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-image.jpeg  

Old 25th November 2015, 07:44   #2672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I like the Oyster Perpetual Datejust, the Submariner and my favourite just has to be the Milgauss with the Greeny Jade coloured dial.

I haven't got one of these yet but it is definitely on my list. Maybe pre-owned even.

For the moment, I have my eye on Frederique Constant - some of their designs are very nice.

I would aspire to a Panerai one day too.

But for just now, I shall have to be content with those few lovely Automatics and Mechanical Watches of some of the great marques, which I do have including

an old Omega Seamaster - 1963 from my Dad, a very old mechanical Patek of my Grand-dads, a Seamaster James Bond watch, a Breitling Colt and a very old Vacheron of my Grand-dad's.

Very nice collection indeed. Frederique Constant are very nice at a relatively lower price too. I have a beautiful dress watch from them.

Jeroen
Old 25th November 2015, 23:36   #2673
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Very nice collection indeed. Frederique Constant are very nice at a relatively lower price too. I have a beautiful dress watch from them.

Jeroen
Yes Frederique Constant is lovely.
So are the Baume and Mercier timepieces.

Also keep looking at some of those lovely Breguets and Cartier Tank watches. Indeed I noticed on Amazon USA that there were a few simple rectangular Cartier Tank watches with Roman numerals, available at around 2000 Dollars.
These were even available on the Ethos Watches website some time ago at about 1.2 Lac rupees.

Seemed well worth it to me!
Old 27th November 2015, 13:40   #2674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Frederique Constant is lovely.
So are the Baume and Mercier timepieces.
Agree, as far as FC goes its great value for money specially their Manufacture models which are completely in house. Their World Time model is a great example of their prowess. As far as the Eta/Sellita models go thats good value too. Now with Baume et Mercier my opinion changes slightly, it belongs to the Richemont Group with other giants like IWC, JLC, VC and ALS. The Swatch made movement models simply arent worth the price in this category with Swatch having stopped selling ebauche movements. BTW your collection is a killer, having 2 of the Big 3 (PP, VC) is very rare, I have scant respect for Swatch models though. Inhouse should be the way to go if you plan to add to those 2 legendary models.
Old 27th November 2015, 14:40   #2675
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
I do have including
an old Omega Seamaster - 1963 from my Dad, a very old mechanical Patek of my Grand-dads, a Seamaster James Bond watch, a Breitling Colt and a very old Vacheron of my Grand-dad's.
How about letting us ogle at them? Lovely collection of watches!
Old 1st December 2015, 17:43   #2676
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one heard of or bought anything from the Jaipur Watch Company?
Old 4th December 2015, 09:36   #2677
Distinguished - BHPian

Which watch do you own?-image.jpeg

I am currently in Palo Alto, California for a course at the Stanford University.
First thing I did when I arrived was to pop over to the Apple shop. Got myself the 42mm Sport watch. I have had it on my wirst now for about 5 days. As with all Apple gadgets it is beautifully made. Its just so nice to touch and feel. Obviously, it does much more then tell time. In essence it is a user interface to your iPhone. I have also started using Siri. Never did so on my phone, but on the watch it makes sense. So I now say for instance, hey Siri txt my wife I will be home let. And it does so, pretty neat.

Also i have set it up so that all my messages, eg txt, whatsup, mail etc, shows up on my watch. You feel a little tap on your wrist and if you turn your wrist to look at the watch, the respective message pops up. So I can now very unobstrusevily check all my messages with having to revert to my phone.

You can make an endless variations of watch faces showing time, obvioulsy, but also other information. E.g.temperature, date, activity meter. What is pretty cool is that as you turn the crown clock or anticlockwise the temrparute will change accordingly to what it was or likely to be at that particular time.

The various work out aps are pretty calm too. All Apple watches come with a heart rate meter.
Im not sure how long I will be using this watch. I still keep one of my real watches on my other wrist too!

But Im enjoying fiddling with it. The Sport watches are the cheapest watches in the Apple collection. This one costs USD399 plus tax, in California 7.5%.

Jeroen
Old 4th December 2015, 12:55   #2678
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
How about letting us ogle at them? Lovely collection of watches!
Yeah. One day, when Im in the mood to show off.
Old 5th December 2015, 18:29   #2679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post

But Im enjoying fiddling with it. The Sport watches are the cheapest watches in the Apple collection. This one costs USD399 plus tax, in California 7.5%.

Jeroen
Incidentally, a cousin of mine is a researcher at the Stanford University.

That aside, lovely watch! Quite a refreshing change, I admit.
Old 25th December 2015, 00:10   #2680
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Was at a local mall yesterday & i came across the below watch from the Edifice series retailing for a mere 20k! It also comes with bluetooth. Casio really knows how to make vfm watches!
Since i already own 2 Edifice's, i'm unsure whether i should buy this one or wait another couple of months & look at something from the Seiko Sportura series.

http://www.ethoswatches.com/the-watch-guide/edifice500/

Which watch do you own?-post71.jpg
Which watch do you own?-post13.jpg
Old 28th December 2015, 12:51   #2681
bkc
BHPian

Got a gift from my cousin yesterday! He couldn't make it for my marriage so, got a watch for me when he returned from Dallas.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-ferrari.jpg  

Old 30th December 2015, 15:12   #2682
aj7

My collection of HMT Pilots.

Which watch do you own?-1.jpg

and the rare White Pilot with blue hands.

Which watch do you own?-2.jpg

Enjoy!!
Old 30th December 2015, 15:37   #2683
BHPian

^^
That White dialed Pilot is an absolute gem of a watch. I have it to. And it works just fine as a dress watch for formal occasions, as well as casual wearing.
Old 30th December 2015, 15:38   #2684
BHPian

I am looking to buy a Rado watch for gifting. Found these 2 models retailing under 50k. Any reviews of the Florence range that these watches belong to. The retailer said this is an upgraded Florence range launched this season itself. I want to finalise in a day or two. Help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-1451469934032.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-1451469956431.jpg  

Old 30th December 2015, 16:33   #2685
BANNED

Old watch enthusiasts.

I just indulged in an old Omega Pocket Watch with chain.
Mechanical Winder.
Stainless Steel. Around 100 years old.
Original.
From a reputed antique dealer in Turkey.
Fair price too.

There were other watches too, notably an old Zenith. Special Edition for the Turkish Railway. With the Railway Insignia and Steam Train on the case back. Silver Case. But the asking price was a bit on the high side and I preferred the Omega because I am an Omega aficionado.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks