Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2020, 14:47   #4171
BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
opened the website of HMT watches just to look at them. Saw a Pilot in stock and ordered without giving it a second thought, in hindsight it was a good move since it went out of stock the same day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Is back in stock today right now as I type and have ordered one as well.

There were quite a few models available in the morning along with the HMT black pilot, this is available in new uploads section. There was an HMT Sona YD also available but id out of stock.
Currently HMT grey pilot, black Janata and blue and saffron Kohinoors are available which are among the sought after models.

Thank you guys for the update, just pressed the trigger on long wish listed black dial Pilot. This will join my white dial Janata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
By the way, is this a mechanical or quartz piece? Also, how do you find the build quality. Traditionally HMT watches used to be pretty bulletproof, curious how the quality is nowadays.Not a fan of the metal bracelet either, will swap out for a nice tan leather strap as soon as it knocks on my door.

Pilot is a mechanical, hand wound model. Quality is in acceptable area (Bit of sharp edges here and there). Leather / NATO straps do wonders for these clean looking watches. However be warned that the strap might end up costing you more than the watch itself..

PS: The Janta and Pilot (In Grey and Black) along with a lovely looking Saathi in Silver dial are sticll in stock.
Old 27th February 2020, 15:14   #4172
Distinguished - BHPian

Are these watches sold on HMT website new or refurbished?
Old 27th February 2020, 18:04   #4173
BHPian

Quote:
Ordered it after seeing the nice photos that you have posted. I present wear a Gen 2 Orient Bambino as my daily wear with formal office clothes.

By the way, is this a mechanical or quartz piece? Also, how do you find the build quality. Traditionally HMT watches used to be pretty bulletproof, curious how the quality is nowadays.Not a fan of the metal bracelet either, will swap out for a nice tan leather strap as soon as it knocks on my door.
Congratulations on the purchase

I too own a gen 2 Bambino, the silver one with the rose gold hands.

The moment on the HMT Pilot is a 023iA mechanical hand wound one, inspired by a citizen moment of the 70's.

The build of the case and is good for the price, the crystal is another story, scratches if you wipe it with a microfiber cloth. The strap is surprisingly comfortable, I have ordered a tan leather nato from AliExpress but have now decided to keep the steel strap intact.

Last edited by Thebat : 27th February 2020 at 18:06.
Old 27th February 2020, 18:16   #4174
Senior - BHPian

After many years took this one out. The design is timeless.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-20200227_144754.jpg  

bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 18:58   #4175

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Are these watches sold on HMT website new or refurbished?

From what I understood while speaking to HMT employees, they are new. While the subsidiary company which manufactured watches was shut down the parent itself now manufactures a few models.
Tjax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 19:20   #4176
BHPian

Well enough of HMT watches in discussion to hold back one's prized possessions.

I've acquired a few HMT mechanical watches.

My Janata BD was shown in a post (Which watch do you own?) earlier

My Jhalak YD TBC (1st new HMT)
Which watch do you own?-img_20200121_10142301.jpeg

My Blue Kohinoor (2nd HMT)
Which watch do you own?-big_img_20191219_14293801.jpeg

Our Green Kohinoor (Better half's)
Which watch do you own?-img_20200217_13470101.jpeg

Vijay LUM my beater HMT (Realized that Jhalak & Kohinoors were used more often than expected)
Which watch do you own?-img_20200110_11114201.jpeg

My Latest Brown/Maroon Pilot (Had to had a Pilot!)
Which watch do you own?-img_20200218_00233201.jpeg

Apart from this I have the Jubilee ROM. (Which watch do you own?) In addition, I've gifted a Janata Deluxe ROM, Priya Blue and Kohinoor Saffron.

HMT is on a resurgence, I bought all these from the HMT website. Post HMT Founder's day on 12th Feb, HMT has launched a slew of new uploads. Making them so regularly available kills the fun, hence I'm simply refraining from buying anymore watch! Let others enjoy these beautiful timepieces.

"Come , Discover Watches. It will change the way you look at TIME." from hmt website

Keep them tickin'
--surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 20:55   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Migrated to apple watch Series 5 in Dec
Love the strap colours now available
That watch band really looks good. Do you mind sharing the link?
Old 29th February 2020, 10:49   #4178
BHPian

Hi
Apologies for delayed reply
The strap was ordered from casedodo
Had ordered one which was cheaper but then ordered from casedodo and fully satisfied

https://www.casedodo.com/

Regards
Old 2nd March 2020, 19:28   #4179
BHPian

My new Seiko Samurai, SRPC93K1.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20200302_192458__01.jpg  

RedRaider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:25   #4180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Nice. I have the Pepsi version of this, which is not sold in India directly. Looking to sell it off and upgrade though

But the Samurai is a absolutely wonderful watch. The lume is absolutely eye searing, as expected in a Seiko Prospex diver.
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:35   #4181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Quote:
Nice. I have the Pepsi version of this, which is not sold in India directly. Looking to sell it off and upgrade though

But the Samurai is a absolutely wonderful watch. The lume is absolutely eye searing, as expected in a Seiko Prospex diver.
Lovely watch. I think this has a spring drive movement with 28800 beats per hour. Must be really smooth glide.
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:46   #4182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Lovely watch. I think this has a spring drive movement with 28800 beats per hour. Must be really smooth glide.
No sir - this has the 4R35 movement which is a mid tier movement from Seiko, commonly found in the Prospex range. Spring drive movements on the other hand are only available in watches which are way beyond this price range, usually in Grand Seikos and a few other high end Seiko watches.

But yes- the glide of the second hand in Seiko spring drive movements is completely mesmerizing.
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:54   #4183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No sir - this has the 4R35 movement which is a mid tier movement from Seiko, commonly found in the Prospex range. Spring drive movements on the other hand are only available in watches which are way beyond this price range, usually in Grand Seikos and a few other high end Seiko watches.
Oh ok, I thought Prospex series had the spring drive. And please don't call me sir

Quote:
But yes- the glide of the second hand in Seiko spring drive movements is completely mesmerizing.
I am totally smitten by that lovely glide of the second hand in the spring drives. Beautiful movement to say the least.

Regards,
Saket
Old 3rd March 2020, 14:39   #4184
BHPian

Guys, sorry for late reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post

If you are looking for real divers and planning to go diving with the watch then Prospex diver models will stand the test of the waves but if you are simply looking for diver looking cool watches then go for Seiko baby monster variants.

This picture compares the Seiko baby snow monster with my Citizen Signature Grand Complications watch
Attachment 1972629
Thanks, trammway!

I am still undecided whether to go for Seiko or Citizen. However, Citizen has very small collection to choose from for Diver's watches.

I have kept Seiko 5 series into my list as it provides many variations to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
I have two of them. One a Solar and one a mechanical automatic with the 4r15 movement. Very good quality and good looking watches but usually on the heavy side. I've posted about both earlier in this thread. Now even the Alpinist models are coming through the Prospex collection. Would definitely recommend them if your budget allows you.

Good luck!
Thanks, AVR!

I have two solar G-Shocks so now it's time to go with Automatic. Seiko Alpnist inspired green dial Prospex is absolutely stunning, IMO.

Quote:
Most of the Seiko divers employ the 4R35/4R36 movements. which are considered to be very reliable and workhorse movements which will serve you well for decades.

You can consider the Prospex Samurai - it comes in a wide variety of dial designs, so lots to choose from.
Thanks, arindambasu13!

I need to see Turtle, Sumo & Samurai in person. As Gujarat does not have any Seiko showroom, it would be hard to find the models.

At last, I would like to go for screwed crown, Diver's certified Seiko.

Does anyone know when any discounts available on Seiko? If not, which is the good place to buy?
Old 3rd March 2020, 16:41   #4185
Senior - BHPian

I went to get the battery in my Tissot T-Touch replaced proactively (better to do that than let the battery leak and ruin the circuits).

Learned that there is a replacement offer going on where you can get this any T-Touch that is working with a T-Touch II if you pay 15k.

Thought you folks would like to know.

The image below is the watches that can be got as replacement. Am going for the titanium, bracelet version. Would have been great if it had been a white or MoP dial but c'est la vie!

Which watch do you own?-20200228_153247.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks