Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 22:12   #4021
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
No idea. If I had to hazard a guess, probably because Singapore (where this company is incorporated) has low import duties? Or maybe because it's Black Friday week?
Not sure about pricing but Orient is a great watch firm. Orient has been a company making in house movements. Now part of Seiko Epson. Famous for power reserve complications and exhibition case-backs.

Below is the Orange Rally. The PS is oriented left to right, usually it is right to left. How? Just flip the chapter. Love it!

Which watch do you own?-5d178a2b277b47cda45d49ed75e06e51.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th November 2019 at 00:24. Reason: Quote trimmed. Picture inserted in-line.
Old 26th November 2019, 08:43   #4022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Very very good watch! I initially struck it off my list by just looking at a pictures because i wasn't too excited by how it looked.

But after reading views on watchuseek and amazon, i think this is a watch that is function over form in every way. Its not a dress watch, but i don't wear jewellery masquerading as a watch anyway.

Have also decided against battery powered watches because there is always a chance of waterproofing gone bust after u open it up for a battery change. So back on the solar bandwagon.

And the price is pretty good too. Thanks for this shout out!

Last edited by Red Liner : 26th November 2019 at 08:50.
Old 26th November 2019, 09:45   #4023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
How about this one [/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Very very good watch! I initially struck it off my list by just looking at a pictures because i wasn't too excited by how it looked.
In my view, it is one of the best looking ABC G Shocks if you leave aside the classic square Gs. By the way, this is the earlier generation Rangeman and as far as I am aware, the production of this particular model has been stopped and has been replaced with the new Rangeman models (which are much bigger in size).

This model too is a big one, but comparatively smaller than a lot of the other G Shocks and can therefore be comfortably worn on relatively smaller wrists. Till a few months back, this was available on Amazon India at around INR 11,000. I believe it is still available but for a price of close to INR 17,000. I would have picked this one up if I were already not in love with the 5600 that I own.
Old 26th November 2019, 09:54   #4024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
In my view, it is one of the best looking ABC G Shocks if you leave aside the classic square Gs. By the way, this is the earlier generation Rangeman and as far as I am aware, the production of this particular model has been stopped and has been replaced with the new Rangeman models (which are much bigger in size).

This model too is a big one, but comparatively smaller than a lot of the other G Shocks and can therefore be comfortably worn on relatively smaller wrists. Till a few months back, this was available on Amazon India at around INR 11,000. I believe it is still available but for a price of close to INR 17,000. I would have picked this one up if I were already not in love with the 5600 that I own.
I agree. I think I'll head down to the Casio Shop at the VR mall and try one on the hand and get to understand the watch a bit more. I have an option to strike one at the black friday deal on Amazon, else wait for a new year deal here. What do you suggest? Buying here means an interest free EMI on amazon which will help me spread the investment a bit. Guess if its listed at sub 9-10k INR on the USA site, it might be good to clinch it.

I just wish I could switch the strap with a NATO. Will give it so much more character. But the adaptors apparently dont work well the lug and there are chances that it will break off...thats a bit of a downer. Some advice here would be great.

But I think my search ends here. This is probably the ultimate utility watch out there.

Last edited by Red Liner : 26th November 2019 at 09:58.
Old 26th November 2019, 10:11   #4025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree. I think I'll head down to the Casio Shop at the VR mall and try one on the hand and get to understand the watch a bit more. I have an option to strike one at the black friday deal on Amazon, else wait for a new year deal here. What do you suggest?

I just wish I could switch the strap with a NATO.
Grab it in the USA if you can, the Black Friday deals are truly mouth watering. My hands have been itching to pick some stuff up during these deals, but had to resist due to lack of Vitamin M at this time

I am not sure whether this older Rangeman model is still available in Indian stores now, for you to try on. If it is, great, you can go try it to check wrist fit. But even otherwise, it is a great buy with very little that can go wrong. Do keep in mind though that it is quite a bit more substantial on the wrist than the square Gs, but like most GS, it is very light and comfortable to wear.

I am not a fan of nato straps at all, so may not be the correct person to answer on that. However, there are several small companies in the US which sell adapters for natos. Personally, I have found that the G Shock resin straps are very comfortable and tough as nails, just like the rest of the watch. Have been wearing mine without any complaints thus far.
Old 26th November 2019, 15:23   #4026
Distinguished - BHPian

Which watch do you own?-img_20191126_151952_exported_7398659873819805187.jpg

Looks okay on the wrist i think.
Old 26th November 2019, 15:54   #4027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations! Finally you got it! Looks good!
Old 26th November 2019, 16:22   #4028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1939101

Chunky, but in a good way. How much did you pick it up for, if you don't mind sharing? The watch has a nice industrial and "stealth/ tactical" design, and looks great on wrist.
Old 26th November 2019, 16:27   #4029
Team-BHP Support

Is there a 'small' G-Shock? I'd love a rugged design but I'm very keen on keeping size/weight down as low as possible.

Reference, my daily driver is an F91W.
Old 26th November 2019, 16:33   #4030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Is there a 'small' G-Shock? I'd love a rugged design but I'm very keen on keeping size/weight down as low as possible.

Reference, my daily driver is an F91W.
Many to choose from

https://www.amazon.in/Casio-G-Shock-...712031&sr=8-15

https://www.amazon.in/Casio-G-Shock-...712031&sr=8-16

https://www.amazon.in/Casio-Digital-...712031&sr=8-26
Old 26th November 2019, 16:37   #4031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Many to choose from
Smallest of those is 43mm wide! I was looking at the tough solar version of the first link you posted, but I'll probably try it on in-store.

Everything feels big and bulky compared to the compact and 20 gms light F91W, so I'm probably on an impossible hunt
Old 26th November 2019, 16:40   #4032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Congratulations! Finally you got it! Looks good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Chunky, but in a good way. How much did you pick it up for, if you don't mind sharing? The watch has a nice industrial and "stealth/ tactical" design, and looks great on wrist.
What! LOL No! I just walked into the Casio store in Indiranagar, Blr to check it out in person and how it works on the wrist.

Unbelievably the other G Shocks are much much bigger! I had a look at the GG B100, the PAG 240, and the grand daddy GWG 1000. This one was the sweet spot. Props to inmate starter.

And, though the analog G shock models looked good in the pictures, they weren't that great in person. Quite interesting.

Though the Rangeman is "old", its got a Ver 3 Triple Sensor. Really good.

Last edited by Red Liner : 26th November 2019 at 16:42.
Old 26th November 2019, 17:38   #4033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Smallest of those is 43mm wide! I was looking at the tough solar version of the first link you posted, but I'll probably try it on in-store.

Everything feels big and bulky compared to the compact and 20 gms light F91W, so I'm probably on an impossible hunt
The golden rule of selecting watches- don't just look at the diameter of case size/ width; it's actually the lug to lug length that matters more.

Check out the ones you like in person and you might like some on your wrist.

Regards,
Saket
Old 26th November 2019, 20:27   #4034
Distinguished - BHPian

So Youtube AI served this up to me just now.

Guess what Rogans wearing though. Haha.

Last edited by Red Liner : 26th November 2019 at 20:31.
Old 26th November 2019, 22:32   #4035
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same, only in Olive Green with negative display, It's my EDC, I prefer wearing it to my other watches. Go ahead and buy it, they are amazing watches and have got lots of compliments and people mirring!

Last edited by aah78 : 27th November 2019 at 00:21. Reason: Image removed from quote. Spacing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks