Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2019, 23:38   #3961
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Amazon price dropped to 3495 as I had kept in my buying list and it told me prices dropped and I picked up one.
That is an awesome deal you got. I was debating between G671 and G001 and missed the deal. I just had the G001 in my list and didn't get the deal
Old 29th October 2019, 06:24   #3962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The steel case is much more expensive, the one we got is plastic.

This is the steel one: [: [url]
Oh man

The metallic variant looks amazing!

My watch probably just went under the sink on an adventure trip a day back. I will be snooping here for advice on my next one.
Old 29th October 2019, 20:51   #3963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is the solar version! Same as Rigod. You can see the third line "tough solar".

The Amazon price dropped to 3495 as I had kept in my buying list and it told me prices dropped and I picked up one.
Wow in that case you got an absolutely killer price . Awesome watch and congrats . Wear it in good health.
Old 30th October 2019, 10:02   #3964
Senior - BHPian

Guys, since it's raining Casio on the forum I unwrapped an old purchase - The Data Bank. This does have a 10 year battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_5640.jpg  

Old 30th October 2019, 11:12   #3965
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright here goes.

I have been using a geonaute watch from Decathlon for the past many years. Absolutely phenomenal watch for the money, an ABC for all of 3.5k! Should have bought two!

Which watch do you own?-images.jpeg
Image credit watchuseek forum.

It really went through a hammering. The waterproofing failed a year or two back and the watch went into hibernation. But miraculously rose up like a phoenix again and did more duty until a day or two back when i decided to go swimming in a river with it on and that was that.

The watch is lying buried in a bag of rice at the moment but i think it is time to move on.

So now i am in the market for a new watch that is:
1. Sturdy as hell
2. Can take a good beating
3. Is not oversized for my small wrist
4. Will never see formal wear duty
5. Has to be solar
6. ABC would be nice to have. I know the altitude function is based on the barometer and is not true altitude. That said, i have hardly ever used these things in all my travels in the mountains. I dont need a gps.
7. Around 10k is what i can spend after all discounts. So maybe we are looking at a 15k MRP.

Brands i am interested in include the Casio, Sunto. Any others i should look at? I would love a seiko, but its too much money for my time and i dont like watch jewellery. Sunto is nice but doesn't seem as tough as the casio and i think almost all suntos are battery based.

This one caught my attention, but some reviews say the negative display is very hard to read. I should probably go have a look at it in the shop.

Which watch do you own?-screenshot_20191030110904.png

I will begin my research now. I hope to snag something on the black friday sale either in India or in the US coming up.

So what are your recommendations?
Old 30th October 2019, 12:39   #3966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

I will begin my research now. I hope to snag something on the black friday sale either in India or in the US coming up.

Look no further than the G Shock 5600 series my friend. The obvious but highly recommended choice. The options in terms of variants and colours on this series are virtually limitless and if you have the option to buy it in the USA, the varieties open up even more. Look closely at the tough solar range, and pick one of your choice. Should pretty much be within the budget you speak of. And, fits smaller wrists like a glove.

If you want a little more spice on your wrist, look at the Blingmaster series of the 5600 watches (aka the full metal or half metal G Shocks) which are all the rage currently. Again, plenty of options and colour variants here- gold, silver, a gorgeous anodised blue and whatnot. However, the price might be higher, not sure about that.

Cant go wrong with this G Shock range and the damn thing might just outlast you. Dont think it has the ABC functions, but then if that is a must you have to look at higher models such as the Rangeman. Problem is, those would be too big for the average Indian wrist.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 30th October 2019 at 12:40.
Old 30th October 2019, 13:16   #3967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Look no further than the G Shock 5600 series my friend. .
Thanks man.

Beginning to fall in love with the watches in this post:
https://greatwristwatches.com/7-best...tches-in-2019/

All of them look fantastic. I need to drill down to specifics now amongst this lot.

I am still wondering if I need an ABC which i have never used. But if i get a good deal, why not.

PRW-6600YB
Name:  PRW6600YB3ER.png
Views: 1093
Size:  322.0 KB

What a beauty
Old 30th October 2019, 13:49   #3968
Senior - BHPian

Are these watches the real deal? I'm asking because in the US, this would set up back by at least $65.
Quote:
I picked up for 3150 after instant cashback. The selling price was 3495 and 10% cashback on top.
Old 30th October 2019, 14:27   #3969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PRW-6600YB
What a beauty
If you want to check this out in person, go to any of the Casio showrooms. The one at VR Mall has a good collection.
Old 30th October 2019, 14:32   #3970
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Are these watches the real deal? I'm asking because in the US, this would set up back by at least $65.
If you see the mrp in India on Amazon is also 5K. This was on sale during the Amazon great indian shopping fest. It was deeply discounted for only 2 days.

I checked all paperwork and the watch itself and pretty sure it's the real deal.

Was initially going to get it from USA but being on sale just ended up picking it up here.
Old 30th October 2019, 14:53   #3971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beginning to fall in love with the watches in this post:
https://greatwristwatches.com/7-best...tches-in-2019/

PRW-6600YB
Attachment 1928458
Certainly very good watches, but from the specs they seem to be 50mm plus in diameter. These will be pretty oversized if your wrist is on the smaller side, like you have mentioned. Maybe try them on at a physical store if possible, to get a feel of whether they are at home on your wrist.
Old 30th October 2019, 15:23   #3972
BHPian

Quote:
I too vouch for the 5600 series. Was so reluctant to even look at it as an option as it was digital, but boy was I wrong? The sheer utility, decent looks and rugged build is more than enough to pull the trigger. In fact, it's so convenient that I started to wear it to my workplace. I always thought that the SKX was my go to watch but right now things have changed and I do have a new favourite.

I'd say, if you're not so particular about ABC, do consider the tough solar square G Shocks. The auto backlight fuction comes so handy during night time.
Old 30th October 2019, 21:19   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I've looked at a lot of Casio listings on Amazon India, and even bought one from the Vintage series (all made in China). The watches are genuine and come with Casio India warranty.

But you need to be careful, especially if you are a collector. In one listing (link), they use a misleading picture (shown: Fox Fire version made in Japan; delivered: Illuminator version made in Thailand).

If the country of manufacture is important to you, eBay is a better bet. I just bought a DW-5600E-1 today, and can't wait to show it off on this thread.
Old 30th October 2019, 21:35   #3974
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys. I am looking at the gshocks as well.

How important is sapphire crystal? I am particularly bad with my watches, almost everyone of them have multiple dings everywhere. I am also a one watch until it’s dead kind of a guy, so the tougher it is, the better.

Would also like a clean watch face with primary information and secondary info when I want it...many of the models I see now are so busy!
Old 30th October 2019, 21:44   #3975
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. I am looking at the gshocks as well.

How important is sapphire crystal? I am particularly bad with my watches, almost everyone of them have multiple dings everywhere. I am also a one watch until it’s dead kind of a guy, so the tougher it is, the better.

Would also like a clean watch face with primary information and secondary info when I want it...many of the models I see now are so busy!
If you're not the careful sort, Sapphire crystal is a must have. It is basically a hardened scratch resistant glass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks