Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2020, 14:37   #4261
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Were you guys talking about Ethos physical shops for the discounts when you are referring to the messages/conversations?
Not physical shops, as they were closed. The sale ended on May 1 & one had to book your watch online before that. Best would be to interact with them over whatsapp for the time being.

But I believe they must still be having lots of unsold stock, so there might be discounts at the shops as & when they open once lockdown is lifted.
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 14:52   #4262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
^^ great collection you have!

In the meantime, I changed the metal bracelet on my Seiko with a nice curved leather strap. I think it looks better in the leather than the average bracelet it came with.
Looks great with the leather strap!

I have the exact one but in gun metal brown finish with gold bezel
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 15:01   #4263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Were you guys talking about Ethos physical shops for the discounts when you are referring to the messages/conversations?

Anyone who's gone through this approach please advise - I'm looking at specific models of Tissot, Longines and maybe one or two other brands.
Yes when you register your interest by clicking on request an offer, a representative will call you and will start the process by giving you a better offer than what is listed. After that it depends on your personal negotiation skills as to how much of a discount you can finally eke out. Physical stores were closed till now and in any case, they have a strong online presence operating in the manner mentioned above.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 15:08   #4264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Looks great with the leather strap!
Thank you!

Quote:
I have the exact one but in gun metal brown finish with gold bezel
Pics or it didn’t happen
Old 13th May 2020, 01:12   #4265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
More pictures will be shared in the coming days!
Zenith of my watch collection on my wrist
Which watch do you own?-733c4bf361e5408b9c9ef7988d8b7a67.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-83f025c2a79e409688e0f500100b2613.jpeg

Last edited by trammway : 13th May 2020 at 01:15.
trammway is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 06:28   #4266
BHPian

Got this beauty day before, was waiting for the Pilot, but saw few posts here about this Diamond and found it in stock, placed an order on 20th April. Still waiting for the Pilot to be back in stock and my heart is also set on the Rajat Supreme.

Which watch do you own?-img_20200517_043338.jpg

Apart from this I own an Amazfit GTR, which I wear to office, and got one Seiko Automatic as a wedding gift.

Which watch do you own?-img_20200421_21294901.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-img_20200425_044056.jpg

The Casio was the one that I gifted myself after landing the current job back in 2012, originally it came in silver colour, after few years of rough usage the colour gave away, so decided to give it a spray of a black paint, I know, I know, silly me! The right one is a Timex from Indiglo series.

Which watch do you own?-img_20200506_104933.jpg

The following two watches have sentimental value to them, the Sonata is a gift from my father back in 2000, it was a strange choice of watch for a 17 year old guy at that time, friends used to mock me for wearing that watch. Down south, Gold Plated watch means you are engaged! The Fastrack is a gift from my late Grandmother. It tasted the asphalt, hence the scratches and broken glass, decided to keep it that way!

Which watch do you own?-img_20200427_11123801.jpeg

Apart from these I got one Tommy Hilfiger watch gifted by my best friend. So that's my humble collection, looking forward to add few more to these, specially the Pilot and the Rajat Supreme in the next few months.

Last edited by tchsvy : 17th May 2020 at 06:29. Reason: Typo
tchsvy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 06:58   #4267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Got this beauty day before, was waiting for the Pilot, but saw few posts here about this Diamond and found it in stock, placed an order on 20th April. Still waiting for the Pilot to be back in stock and my heart is also set on the Rajat Supreme.
Beautiful! It is out of stock now, I guess! I see only black.

Do they still get fresh stocks? I've been waiting for the Janata Roman Numerals for ages now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 09:17   #4268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Beautiful! It is out of stock now, I guess! I see only black.

Do they still get fresh stocks? I've been waiting for the Janata Roman Numerals for ages now.
After placing the order, the Kohinoor in Blue Dial went out of stock immediately, but after few days it was back in stock, I believe they are restocking these. But, there's huge demand for these HMT watches now, particularly for Pilots, Janatas etc, and people are buying them in groups, there are dedicated groups for HMT collectors on Facebook, I placed a request to join one of those groups way back and they haven't accepted my request yet. May be these groups and those who frequent the HMT stores in Bangalore are getting the preferential treatment, which they deserve by the way, and only limited number of watches are ending up on the official website.

Last edited by tchsvy : 17th May 2020 at 09:22.
Old 21st May 2020, 08:24   #4269
Senior - BHPian

One another proud possession in my watch collection is this Zenith 17 jewels manual winding gold filled ladies watch. The beauty of this watch is that it is tinier than my index fingernail. How amazing to build a precision manual watch in this 14mm case! In my watch, there’s no tiniest damage on the case, strap, or in the domed acrylic crystal. It is a treasure and most importantly it works as if today is the first out of production. Most probably this watch produced for little kids as the strap is so small that it is not even fitting to the below-average sized lady wrist.

Which watch do you own?-7ea32a3bf21a4a8b89a682755448857e.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-22a2b3c578e24923be91a5fd1e6d4091.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-7a2eb4339b244b2fa787077d98e14b6c.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-a13cd916cabf457d85ca9ee0fd835a61.jpeg

Keeping my two Zenith watches next to each other is a perfect comparison of the contrasts:

Zenith generations

Small & Large
Old & Young
Gold & Steel
Woman & Man
Manual & Automatic
Tic tic tic & Zrrrrrrrrrr

Which watch do you own?-300be24af8564a66a7337ffdc55449ef.jpeg

Also Just arrived: Citizen Signature Grand Turing NB1031-53L watch. I was eyeing on this watch for quite some times and finally, I pulled the trigger.

The blue sunburst dial is amazing. Citizen is keeping up their speed with Grand Seiko through their Signature series for fraction of the price.

Which watch do you own?-bceb2844727c40c08b8c53ec98c396e6.jpeg

This is my 2nd Signature series watch from Citizen. The first one is Eco-Drive grand complication model and this is an Automatic Grand Touring model. Both of them are 44mm sized but I have no problem wearing these large watches despite having smaller wrist.

Which watch do you own?-a6b8b13878fc4c33990611365558dff1.jpeg

Last edited by trammway : 21st May 2020 at 08:31. Reason: content correction
trammway is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 09:09   #4270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Rolex are expensive, so are higher end Omegas. I have been a fan of Automatic watches since 1970 and have had a plethora of Seiko5, Citizen, Tissot and Rolex. All these watches require periodic maintenance every 5 years and the costs vary from 3K for Seiko all the way to 60K for Rolex. So keep that in mind.
The problem with Branded Watches showrooms is that they have little clientele and high overheads. So not only do they charge excessively, they also take long time to show complexity of the case.
I had my Rolex which stopped working and the showrooms quoted high Service Charges besides cost of Spares, if needed, which was unforeseen.
I knew a reliable Watch Technician in Old Delhi's infamous Watch Market. The guy called me on a particular day he was not going to attend another client. Opened up my watch, literally ripped it apart while I watched the Watch as if it was my own Bye-Pass surgery in operation. Cleaned up each part. I actually saw each part. Conclusion was Sea Water being the culprit - It had not come to me, I was at the beaches.
The Watch was assembled, did not need any parts and having spent half a day, he charged me 16k. This much for half days job by a roadside technician ? I felt cheated but a reminder of the price tag of the showrooms was a consolation that I happily parted with the charges and a well serviced Watch.
Amrik Singh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 09:37   #4271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Received my blue Kohinoor almost immediately upon lockdown 3.0 being announced and courier services starting. Very efficient shipping by HMT I must say. Not a fan of the bracelet though, need to procure a nice tanned brown vintage leather strap to go with the sunburst blue dial. The dial is an absolute beauty!

Also waiting for the Janata silver dial to be back in stock. Its been out of stock for ages and not being restocked in recent times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post

This is my 2nd Signature series watch from Citizen. The first one is Eco-Drive grand complication model and this is an Automatic Grand Touring model. Both of them are 44mm sized but I have no problem wearing these large watches despite having smaller wrist.

Attachment 2008383
I have seen reviews of this particular Citizen diver on Youtube a few months back. Always knew this is a big watch, but on your wrist, this really looks like a beast! Nice buy.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 21st May 2020 at 09:39.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 10:58   #4272
BHPian

I have one of these cheap Watches named Phone Dialer from Casio Data Bank series, which I had bought in 1991-92. You could store up to 50 Telephone Number plus some other features. When required, the number was brought on the display, a button pressed and the Watch held close to the Mouth Piece of the Telephone. A Pulse sound (similar to Telephone dialing) was produced by the speaker of the Watch and this fed to the Telephone through its Mouth piece would dial the displayed number. Those days, the Telephones were housed in a Box that would lock the dialing facility allowing the receiver to be free for receiving calls or small locks were used to lock the dialing. I have used this watch extensively in those days (see wear & tear). Though still in working condition, not using this one as unnecessary cost of Cell replacement.

Which watch do you own?-20200521_103140.jpg

Seiko ‘Kinetic’ is a watch which I have been using regularly. I presumed it to be with a lifelong battery as it was assumed to be charged simultaneously with the built-in generator. It started to stop while not in use after about Five years of good service. When seeking repairs, it was found that contrary to what was assumed to be a Battery Cell, it was in fact a Capacitor which was the source of energy. While Cells could be purchased for around 100/- bucks, its cell from the wholesale market (not available anywhere else) was over 600/- Rs. And, the vendor was quick to clarify ‘No Guarantee’ stand on it. Replaced once, but not again. In the meantime, a nice Seiko with Day/Date landed up with me with a neat Original Seiko Japan Quartz movement, which at first glance looked right size for the Kinetic. Went back to Chandni Chowk and my trusted Watchmaker was able to replace the movement very well – a successful Transplant.

Which watch do you own?-20200521_103506.jpg

A Rolex in my possession. Bought from recovery of money owned to me by my ex-employers. This was repaired / serviced by local watchmaker against damages caused by Water ingress – only cleaning was required.

Which watch do you own?-20200521_103300.jpg
Amrik Singh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 12:26   #4273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Not a fan of the bracelet though, need to procure a nice tanned brown vintage leather strap to go with the sunburst blue dial. The dial is an absolute beauty!
It is a beauty indeed! Placed an order for Perlon Nato Strap in Navy Blue shade from Mooistraps, waiting for them to ship it. There are quite a few leather straps available on Amazon, particularly those from Fullmosa and Invella looks cool, but they are little bit on expensive side. I will also be visiting my nearest watch showrooms for brown leather strap for my diamond.

Janata and Pilots are rarely being listed on the website I guess, waiting for the Pilot with Blue dial.
Old 24th May 2020, 20:23   #4274
Senior - BHPian

Probably a completely stupid question here but I still do want to ask. How do you all manage battery of a watch which you use occasionally? I have read that moving the crown on an analogue watch to time set mode will stop the battery from discharging. I know that is how it is when you buy a new one as well but not sure if its ok to do the same personally as well.
Old 24th May 2020, 23:33   #4275

Hello everyone, I'm planning to gift my dad a rado original series watch for his birthday, should I go online or physical store, where can I get a good deal ? By the way I stay in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks