Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2020, 16:05   #4351
BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I was looking for a budget wrist watch with a blue dial since last few months.

Was visiting the 'Ethos' website frequently, and few days back I stumbled on the Fossil Men's Neutra Hybrid Analog Dial watch in Amazon.

The watch looked good and I quite liked the blue colored dial with the brown leather. Got it from Amazon for Rs 11,995.
Thanks for sharing! Such an incredibly pretty watch!

Though I must say, I feel 12k isn't really a 'budget' watch.

I had received this Fossil Smartwatch Gen 3 around a year and a half ago.

Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20200807-3.56.03-pm.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20200807-3.56.03-pm-1.jpeg

It's a fun little gadget - but that's about it. I'd prefer a traditional watch over this any day: it's too heavy, battery doesn't even last 15 hours, step-counter is completely inaccurate. The only genuine use I could find was to read messages and see/reject phone calls when in court/meetings. I sometimes use it to change sound tracks too, but that's just a hard attempt at trying to find utility.

A fun thing to have, but had it been upto me, I wouldn't have spent 16k on this.
N.A.GTC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 07:31   #4352
BHPian

A year old now - this Dive watch. Crazy lume, fantastic finishing. Strap monster.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-1596851955233.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-1596851986888.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-1596852051081.jpg  

d_himan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 10:50   #4353
Distinguished - BHPian

This is my "stash" (as my better half calls it) of watches, mostly Citizen Titanium eco drives. The oldest model (bottom row, 3rd from the right) is nearly 20 years old and hasn't stopped for a second! I love the reliability, quality and the sheer value for money that Citizen watches bring to the table. The Citizen "Orca" as it is called, the one outside the case, is one of my favourite Citizen watches.

My new "crush" is the Casio G Shock series, especially the Master of G collection. It's a massive (pun intended) contrast with the relatively staid formal and sports watches I used to wear earlier. But heck one needs a bit of new colour and form in ones life.

And then there is my Omega Seamaster Chronometer 300M 2254.50 with the sword hands. It's 17 years old sparingly worn and I fall in love with it every time I take it out of the box. On my wishlist is the Planet Ocean Co Axial with the orange bezel. My only Seiko Kinetic watch is their 2011 150th Anniversary Premier model (top row, 2nd from right). It has an aftermarket leather strap as the factory fitted one deteriorated. Sadly Seiko's support in India leaves much to be desired. They didn't even respond to my query about the strap. Also on my wishlist are the Seiko PADI divers and one of the modded SKX models.

Lume - I need to take photos but the Seamaster is the King, foillowed by the Casio Mudmaster, Citizen Orca, and then Citizen Divers watches (bottom row from left 1, 3 and top row last one on the right).

PS - the Casio digital 5600 series "square" is a throwback to my college days back in the '80s. The best years of my life IMO.

PPS - My "lucky" watch, if I may call it that, is the very simple but formal 2 hand Citizen Titanium, top row 1st from left
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-orca.jpeg  

Which watch do you own?-casios.jpeg  

Last edited by R2D2 : 9th August 2020 at 11:05.
R2D2 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 10:59   #4354
Distinguished - BHPian

My god.. thats a fortune just in watches there! Doesn't make me feel too bad about my motorcycling gear! LOL!

I love Seiko, Citizen, and Casio.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 11:08   #4355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
My god.. thats a fortune just in watches there! Doesn't make me feel too bad about my motorcycling gear! LOL! I love Seiko, Citizen, and Casio.
Bro, believe me if I had my way I'd have a Ninja 1000 parked in my garage. I am a bike nut too.

Seiko, Citizen and Casio are to watches what Toyota and Honda are to cars. Japan's principle of simple, inexpensive (relatively) and long lasting value engineering. They just work and keep on working. My Omega is due for a check but then I balk, service charges start at 25-30K and go upward depending on what needs to be done and parts to be replaced. A true European product IYKWIM.
R2D2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 10:12   #4356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
A year old now - this Dive watch. Crazy lume, fantastic finishing. Strap monster.
Really cool out of the box offering. I have heard good things about this brand, but have not really seen any examples in the wild. Thanks for putting up this pic. The lume is really great. I personally am a lume junkie and love watches with great lume, hence, my love for Seiko divers. A large number of the current microbrands are also offering stellar lume levels on their watches, for instance, Zelos, Borealis, NTH and others.

Could you please throw some light on the dimensions, in terms of case size and lug to lug measurements, and how it wears on the wrist overall? Looks like a pretty substantially sized piece.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 10th August 2020 at 10:14.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 12:54   #4357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I personally am a lume junkie and love watches with great lume, hence, my love for Seiko divers. A large number of the current microbrands are also offering stellar lume levels on their watches, for instance, Zelos, Borealis, NTH and others.

Could you please throw some light on the dimensions, in terms of case size and lug to lug measurements, and how it wears on the wrist overall? Looks like a pretty substantially sized piece.
Hi Arindam, yes Swiss C3, so the lume is very decent, runs very close to my Seiko SKX009 despite thinner indices.

The dimensions are akin to modern divers - 43mm case diameter and 49 mm lug to lug due to a retro ‘Heuer-esque’ hooded lugs design. Wears decently for 6.5 inch+ wrist. Would look perfect in a 7-7.5 inch wrist. The height is around 13.5 mm – not too much, not insignificant. The watch head feels nicely weighty and is built like a tank. High quality deployment clasp with a wetsuit extension. I swam regularly with it (pre COVID - sigh...), no problem so far.
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 10:36   #4358
Distinguished - BHPian

Square alert!

Just picked up a casio 5600e tough solar square online.

Box was a bit battered. The watch had no plastic cover on it, and the tags that are usually tagged to the watch was separate. The watch also came with a medium charge as opposed to a high. But the watch verifies on the casio website as genuine and everything functions as it should on the watch. Not a scratch or blemish anywhere.

I have put it to charge by the window today, and the solar charge drops between high and medium. I guess the charge is on the cusp of high.

Should i return it? I have a free return window. Just a10% discount so it wasn't some crazy deal or anything.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 13:34   #4359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Square alert!

Just picked up a casio 5600e tough solar square online.

Should i return it? I have a free return window. Just a10% discount so it wasn't some crazy deal or anything.
I would ask for a replacement. Otherwise it will keep niggling you throughout, as it is now.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 16:39   #4360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I would ask for a replacement. Otherwise it will keep niggling you throughout, as it is now.
Ran a proper solar charge in the sun for now.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 18:40   #4361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Square alert! Just picked up a casio 5600e tough solar square online. I have put it to charge by the window today, and the solar charge drops between high and medium. I guess the charge is on the cusp of high.
Congrats, guess it's the same one I have in my watch box. Given its the monsoon keep the watch under a table lamp preferably an 11W flourescent, about 10" below the lamp for a few days. It'll charge up just fine. If you're experiencing partly cloudy skies then just let it soak up some daylight or even sunlight. All my Casios came at mid charge level because they spend months (if not years) in their boxes at the store.

PS - Also make sure you enable power saving denoted by a small "PS" indicator on the watch display. This function switches off the display if the watch is not exposed to light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
That's fantastic lume. Reminds me of modded Seiko SKXes with lumed bezel inserts and custom dials.

Last edited by R2D2 : 13th August 2020 at 19:02. Reason: added reply
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 19:22   #4362
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked this in the sale..

Which watch do you own?-img_20200813_183328__01.jpgWhich watch do you own?-img_20200813_183332__01.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_20200813_185701.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_20200813_183324.jpg
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 19:23   #4363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Congrats, guess it's the same one I have in my watch box. Given its the monsoon keep the watch under a table lamp preferably an 11W flourescent, about 10" below the lamp for a few days. It'll charge up just fine. If you're experiencing partly cloudy skies then just let it soak up some daylight or even sunlight. All my Casios came at mid charge level because they spend months (if not years) in their boxes at the store.

PS - Also make sure you enable power saving denoted by a small "PS" indicator on the watch display. This function switches off the display if the watch is not exposed to light.
That’s right, am officially a g shocker

In addition to everything you mentioned, I even got into the diagnostics mode and checked out:
- display diag which allows you to check for dead pixels
- tilt sensor Sensitivity
- solar sensor if it works
Ofcourse auto el is a given booyah!

https://www.60clicks.com/casio-g-sho...dden-features/
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 00:12   #4364
BHPian

My latest acquisition, Casio G-Shock GA-2100

Ordered from Casioshop online. It's a July 2020 manufactured piece
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20200815_18120301.jpeg  

Last edited by driving_smartly : 16th August 2020 at 00:16.
driving_smartly is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 09:32   #4365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
My latest acquisition, Casio G-Shock GA-2100. Ordered from Casioshop online. It's a July 2020 manufactured piece
Congrats!!

I've had my eyes on the Casioak for some time and all these photos are tempting me.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks