Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 25th March 2020, 06:53   #4216

Default Re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Couple of good options that you can consider:

Tudor Black Bay 58. One of the hottest watches in the market today, and with good reason. Fantastic alternative to the insanely overpriced Submariner. Unfortunately, India does not have a sales channel for this and your best bet is to buy in the USA. Be prepared for wait times of a few months. I have been lusting after this watch for months, and will pick it up some day when budget permits. Its around 4000 USD currently, roughly INR 3 lakhs
I absolutely second this recommendation based on the budget and other requirements, and I say this as a current owner of a BB58 on a leather deployant. The only catch here are the crazy waiting periods. These have appreciated in the secondary market, but we'll see how long that lasts with the coming economic downturn. I'm going to hold onto mine for the long haul as I adore it, and if you think you like it in photos and videos, you won't be disappointed with it in person.
Old 25th March 2020, 10:23   #4217

I've logged back into my TBHP account after nearly 7 years and its amazing how the forum has evolved. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there's a bunch of watch lovers on tis forum. I figured I'd contribute to this thread as well as its something I'm passionate about.

I'll start off with what I'm "daily driving" (of course I have to make a car reference) for the past few weeks. Its a Breguet Type XX ref 3800 with a very early tritium dial and Breguet signature. This one's staying with me for a while for sure.

*Its been so long since I've posted on this forum, that I messed something up on my previous attempt*

Its been 7 years since I last logged into my account, and it's fun to read up on the latest regarding the India car scene. I guess I'm also not surprised that there's a bunch of watch lovers on here. I figured I'd make my contribution here as well.

Below is my current "daily-driver" in rotation as I WFH every day, and I just love it. Its a Breguet Type XX with the very early tritium dial configuration. This one will definitely stay with me for a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_1040.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_1043-1.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_1043-1.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_1040.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th March 2020 at 11:53. Reason: back to back posts merged
kinetic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 13:52   #4218

Using an Apple watch series 3 42mm cellular+gps. Love it for its customisations i.e. watch faces + band combinations. plus its an activity tracker with a heart rate monitor and lets me leave my phone behind at those times due to its cellular capabilities and ability to reply to whatsapp, snapchat, fb messenger notifications thanks to siri.
Attached Images

Slickshift99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 04:19   #4219
Senior - BHPian

Here is another gem from my gold watch collection that always makes me smile whenever I roll the wrist to see the time.

This is Ulysse Nardin Michelangelo Big Date and Timezone UTC 226-48. It has a beautiful sunburst dial on a elegant tonneau shaped case that measures 35mm x 47mm.

Which watch do you own?-b5739c6bf9f04380a44f0c0f7533eff2.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-89e8b7b3caf748b6a7e834a16185ab29.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-22ca0fd9dcca4601b25bcf788928c288.jpeg

Ulysse Nardin is a brand famous for its dive watches but I took a different route to discover this beautiful dress watch instead.

Other 18k gold watches in my collection are Rolex President, Omega Constellation and Tissot T-Gold.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed
How I bought myself a Porsche at 25 years old
The 10 worst Indian cars of the last decade
Mustang crashes into truck driver - shows no remorse
Don't be naive, all of this happens before your PDI
Polo GTI falls off a flyover captured on video
Miscreants assault me & my car - justice prevails