Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2018, 09:39   #3466
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Hey, I am planning to buy the Bambino. Please suggest where to buy from - long island, amazon India, amazon US, local Orient Online store (that's expensive). Appreciate your quick inputs.
Old 10th May 2018, 10:17   #3467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post
Hey, I am planning to buy the Bambino. Please suggest where to buy from - long island, amazon India, amazon US, local Orient Online store (that's expensive). Appreciate your quick inputs.
I bought my Bambino from the Amazon India store, cost me about 15K last year. They import it from the US and deliver it to you. Takes about a week or so. You will end up paying about 30-35% more than if you bought it in the USA.

If possible, you can get it from Long Island Watch if someone can cary it from the US for you- that way you can save quite a bit. If you are getting it directly shipped to India, however, you will end up paying customs which will anyways nullify your savings.

Local Orient store in Pune is the most expensive option, best avoided.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 10th May 2018 at 10:23.
Old 11th May 2018, 12:13   #3468
BHPian

Hey thanks Arindam.. Basis your suggestion, will get it from someone coming from the US. With the savings, I might even buy 2 instead of 1 ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I bought my Bambino from the Amazon India store, cost me about 15K last year. They import it from the US and deliver it to you. Takes about a week or so. You will end up paying about 30-35% more than if you bought it in the USA.

If possible, you can get it from Long Island Watch if someone can cary it from the US for you- that way you can save quite a bit. If you are getting it directly shipped to India, however, you will end up paying customs which will anyways nullify your savings.

Local Orient store in Pune is the most expensive option, best avoided.
Old 11th May 2018, 18:40   #3469
BHPian

After having learned about the transparent crystal back on the NOMOS Tangente, I had the base ordered and retrofitted. Here is how it looks now and to me it is a fascinating piece of art to watch it click!
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_0691.jpg  

Old 15th May 2018, 15:28   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
This is exactly what I am looking for.
HMT Janata is back in stock.

https://www.hmtwatches.in/1056/produ...wd-mlky-ls.htm
Old 15th May 2018, 21:05   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Is Janata an automatic watch? What other hmt watch series are automatic and which is the best among them
Old 15th May 2018, 22:49   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
That looks classy! Are there any showrooms around Chennai where one can physically take a look? I also could not find the details about the sizing from the hmt website? Any ideas?
Old 16th May 2018, 16:54   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
And its out of stock! Many thanks for notifying me. How did you know that this watch came back in stock? Just luckily landed on its page or do you have some way of tracking this?
Old 16th May 2018, 16:57   #3474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
Is Janata an automatic watch? What other hmt watch series are automatic and which is the best among them
Its a mechanical watch and you have to manually wind it every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
That looks classy! Are there any showrooms around Chennai where one can physically take a look? I also could not find the details about the sizing from the hmt website? Any ideas?
There is one supposedly in Bangalore however i got mine online. It takes 18 mm strap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
And its out of stock! Many thanks for notifying me. How did you know that this watch came back in stock? Just luckily landed on its page or do you have some way of tracking this?
I was hunting for Pilot watch
Old 17th May 2018, 01:18   #3475
BHPian

Quote:

There is one supposedly in Bangalore however i got mine online. It takes 18 mm strap.
I was more interested to know the diameter of the dial. I guess in Chennai P.ORR & Sons should have some HMT watches in stock. P.ORR & Sons website claims that they retail HMT watches. Will give it a try!
Old 17th May 2018, 07:57   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
I was more interested to know the diameter of the dial. I guess in Chennai P.ORR & Sons should have some HMT watches in stock. P.ORR & Sons website claims that they retail HMT watches. Will give it a try!

Ohh sorry for confusion. It is 38mm size case. Also do let me know if you are able to locate Pilot model at the retail store.
Old 29th May 2018, 15:29   #3477
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting experience with my wife’s watch. We bought her a very nice Longiness a little over four years ago (April 2014). We were living in Delhi at the time, but we bought it during a visit to the Netherlands.

Within a few months it started running too fast. Took it back and they fixed it at no cost, obviously. Early Februari 2016 it started running slow and it even stopped completely now and then. Again, it was fixed at no cost.

Both times we took it back to the jeweller in The Hague where we had bought it.

About two months ago it started running fast again. So I decided to contact Longiness directly. A quick search the internet was all it took. They are part of the Swatch Group and have their own (European) support centre.

Spoke to a nice lady, I gave her the watch serial number and sure enough the computer came up with the whole history, purchase and repair dates. I told her, my wife really likes this watch, but of course one would not expect these sort of problems.

She was very apologetic. She made arrangements to have the watch picked up from home. They send a little box and labels. you pack the watch yourself and then call a number so they come and collect it.

The watch was taken to their main repair centre in Brussels, Belgium. A few weeks ago I got a mail. Given the history of the watch they had decided to replace the complete movement. Unfortunately, they had a few parts on back order and it would take a few more weeks for them to get the watch back to us.

Today, the watch was delivered by courier. Nicely packed and boxed up.

A lot of paper work on the testing and replacement of the movement and various parts. This watch was long out of official warranty and even the warranty on the last repair had expired.

So a good example of excellent customer service!

The case and the watch:

Which watch do you own?-img_2935.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_2936.jpg

The various test results

Which watch do you own?-img_2937.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_2938.jpg

The replaced parts

Which watch do you own?-img_2939.jpg

The final repair bill, showing itemised, what has been replaced at a cost of zero Euro!

Which watch do you own?-img_2941.jpg

Jeroen
Old 1st June 2018, 00:19   #3478
BHPian

I guess I'm facing a similar problem as observed by Jeroen in his post above. I'm starting to recognise that my NOMOS Tangente is running faster than it should. I was comparing it with the internet time where I synched my watch with the internet time. I can notice after say 30 minutes that my NOMOS is ticking faster and is 5 seconds ahead. I was thinking this is normal, but when I checked back again after 6 hours, I noticed that my NOMOS is now 35 seconds ahead of the internet time. Is this something to be concerned about? I will now leave it for a day and check where it stands.

I have written an E-Mail to NOMOS and I'm pretty sure that they are going to sort this out. But I just wanted to know your opinion on this? Any suggestions?

Last edited by joe1980 : 1st June 2018 at 00:24.
Old 1st June 2018, 19:09   #3479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Within a few months it started running too fast. Took it back and they fixed it at no cost, obviously. Early Februari 2016 it started running slow and it even stopped completely now and then. Again, it was fixed at no cost.

About two months ago it started running fast again. So I decided to contact Longiness directly. A quick search the internet was all it took. They are part of the Swatch Group and have their own (European) support centre.
May I ask you how fast or how slow did it run? By how many seconds or minutes was the watch fast or slow?

I just got a reply from NOMOS saying that a deviation of 1 or 2 minutes in a week is in accordance with the ISO 3159 standard. Hard to believe, but if the watch adjusts itself after every winding to be within this range, then it is okay with me. I will have to observe it for a week!
Old 2nd June 2018, 12:08   #3480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
May I ask you how fast or how slow did it run? By how many seconds or minutes was the watch fast or slow?

I just got a reply from NOMOS saying that a deviation of 1 or 2 minutes in a week is in accordance with the ISO 3159 standard. Hard to believe, but if the watch adjusts itself after every winding to be within this range, then it is okay with me. I will have to observe it for a week!
Check out the ISO 3159 specification: https://www.govbergwatches.com/blog/...c-certificate/

1-2 minutes per week is way too much. Anything over a minute is likely out of specification, no matter which model! Let them explain how 2 minutes is within spec.

Ours was running 10-15 minutes fast/slow, so that was way off.

Good luck! Nice watches Nomos, by the way!

Jeroen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks