Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2018, 11:47   #3376
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
But the dome shaped watch crystals are only in mechanical and restricted to the Janata, Pilot, Nishat, Saathi and Sona models which are currently on their website but rarely available.
But HMT has stopped making watches right? So members who are buying them are dealing with used HMT's? Or they are buying the last remaining stock which would be lying around with some dealers? In that case, I need to ask few shops in my area if they can help me.
Old 12th April 2018, 13:00   #3377
Senior - BHPian

My latest Chinese acquisition. A Parnis with a wonderful soft camel leather strap and a seagull automatic movement. This is my second Parnis and I am absolutely loving these watches.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20180412_125721.jpg  

Old 13th April 2018, 04:45   #3378
BHPian

Saw this seller selling HMT mechanicals on ebay... Would these be genuine or fake - any experience from the board members?

https://www.ebay.in/sch/m.html?_nkw=...&_skc=50&rt=nc
Old 13th April 2018, 09:17   #3379
BHPian

go to https://www.hmtwatches.in/, agreed you might have a limited selection, but atleast you know that the stuff is real
Old 13th April 2018, 09:57   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
go to https://www.hmtwatches.in/, agreed you might have a limited selection, but atleast you know that the stuff is real
Extremely poor and limited collection on this website. Out of the few models that are available, most of them are out of stock. I don't think HMT is making any new stock available for their classic and high selling ranges, instead, the ones which are lying as inventory is being sold through this website.
Old 13th April 2018, 10:02   #3381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post
Saw this seller selling HMT mechanicals on ebay... Would these be genuine or fake - any experience from the board members?

Thank you for posting it here. This link intrigued me as well. The watches looks very pristine. However, I have my doubts too.

The problem with hmtwatches.in is they are not selling the vintage looking watches. Sadly current HMT watches resemble Sonata and Fastrack watches.
Old 13th April 2018, 12:13   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Extremely poor and limited collection on this website. Out of the few models that are available, most of them are out of stock. I don't think HMT is making any new stock available for their classic and high selling ranges, instead, the ones which are lying as inventory is being sold through this website.
My understanding is that all these are "Unsold" watches across India, many of the official showrooms have been closed and the stock has moved to the online store.
Old 13th April 2018, 12:55   #3383
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
But HMT has stopped making watches right? So members who are buying them are dealing with used HMT's? Or they are buying the last remaining stock which would be lying around with some dealers? In that case, I need to ask few shops in my area if they can help me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
My understanding is that all these are "Unsold" watches across India, many of the official showrooms have been closed and the stock has moved to the online store.
The HMT watches website sell new HMT watches made of probably inventory already lying with them. You'll also get a 1 year manufacturer warranty when you buy from the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Thank you for posting it here. This link intrigued me as well. The watches looks very pristine. However, I have my doubts too.

The problem with hmtwatches.in is they are not selling the vintage looking watches. Sadly current HMT watches resemble Sonata and Fastrack watches.
Well these are not original ones. If you read the Item description you'll see that its mentioned AfterMarket Dial

Be careful while buying from ebay and read the item description minutely as these will be mentioned in fine print.

But there are a few sellers who sell original ones but the prices are inflated. I bought one from ebay for which I paid almost twice the amount on hmt website - Pilot white dial with blue hands, but made sure it was original. This was also confirmed by a local watch mechanic who changed the strap on it.

The watches which are old but never used are mentioned as NOS (New Old Stock). Do try to filter on ebay based on Manufacturer Warranty, but still results with throw up watches which are NOS, so you need to always read the item description so that you can dispute later if its not original.
Old 15th April 2018, 22:15   #3384
BHPian

Recently I am starting to have an interest to own vintage HMT watches. Need some help in purchasing this HMT watch. The seller metions it as NOS (New Old Stock). The strap looks like a custom one but I am okay with it.

Seller quotes Rs: 6513 for it. Is this price too much for the watch ?
Shall I go for this one ?

https://www.ebay.in/itm/HMT-JANATA-S...MAAOSwmPdZtTRj

Which watch do you own?-sl1600.jpg

The same seller sells similar watch with Nato strap but I am planning to go with above and buy some Nato straps from Amazon.

https://www.ebay.in/itm/HMT-JANATA-S...MAAOSwmPdZtTRj

Which watch do you own?-hmt-nato.jpg

Your help is appreciated.

Last edited by amvj : 15th April 2018 at 22:21.
Old 16th April 2018, 09:42   #3385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Seller quotes Rs: 6513 for it. Is this price too much for the watch ?
Shall I go for this one ?
Stay away. INR 6513 is way too overpriced for an HMT watch of this nature / condition. You can get far better and new watches for this money and maybe slightly more, though these may not be HMT. Further, there is no way of knowing whether this particular model is actual NOS or even genuine HMT.
Old 16th April 2018, 11:27   #3386
BHPian

Hi,

Need your help in getting the original GUCCI watch strap.

The white glossy strap of the watch has worn out and has become pale yellow.

Have tried sourcing it from various outlets, but couldn't find one.

Any guidance where we could purchase the original strap for GUCCI will be highly appreciated.
Old 16th April 2018, 13:05   #3387
BHPian

Picked up the mudmaster last evening for Rs. 14999/-. Will use it for a couple of days and then post my comments...

Which watch do you own?-mudmaster.jpg

Last edited by sumathindra : 16th April 2018 at 13:06. Reason: edits
Old 16th April 2018, 13:32   #3388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Picked up the mudmaster last evening for Rs. 14999/-. Will use it for a couple of days and then post my comments...

Attachment 1752172
Nice acquisition Looks like a beast of a watch!

Is this a triple sensor ABC (Altimeter, Barometer, Compass) watch? Does it have luminescence on the hands? Also, any reason why this particular model and not others in the similar price bracket, e.g. the Rangeman- was it purely aesthetic reasons?
Old 16th April 2018, 14:38   #3389
BHPian

Quote:
Nice acquisition Looks like a beast of a watch!

Is this a triple sensor ABC (Altimeter, Barometer, Compass) watch? Does it have luminescence on the hands? Also, any reason why this particular model and not others in the similar price bracket, e.g. the Rangeman- was it purely aesthetic reasons?
Yes it certainly is a beast! It does have luminescence on the hands which is a huge benefit in the dark. This can save on battery if you refrain using the led light provided.

Well I am more of a analog/digital user and hence this combination worked. Surprisingly I did not see the Rangeman series in Bangalore Central (JP Nagar) where I picked it. There were the aviator series as well however this was more captivating (you know what I mean )
Old 16th April 2018, 16:33   #3390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Surprisingly I did not see the Rangeman series in Bangalore Central (JP Nagar) where I picked it. There were the aviator series as well however this was more captivating (you know what I mean )
The Rangeman is available form the Ethos online store in India at roughly INR 11k. Its not a commonly available model, especially in showrooms, though. But then again, its a digital piece, not an anti-digi one so wouldn't have served your requirements anyways.

I personally use the most basic G-Shock, the DW 5600 which has served me well over the past year. G-Shocks are really the business- as they say, takes a licking' and keeps on tickin'. Virtually indestructible, go anywhere, do anything watches.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 16th April 2018 at 16:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks