Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians-16.html)

I think the wiki idea's great.

The search feature on the forum's practically useless, as it throws up too many links & doesn't allow specific phrase searches (eg. searching for "Bombay Tyre Supplier" gets you all posts containing all words : Bombay, Tyre & Supplier).

Another useful point to have would be extensive specifications list of every Indian vehicle, so that one could go get them from a single place.

Currently, most manufacturer websites just have basic stuff. If you need something specific, you'd have to write to the manufacturer & hope that somebody replies (or worse, replies with the correct answer!).

If we had a central place for information, one could compare stock data with aftermarket data so that modders & others would have something to work with. For example, say I was looking for alloy wheels & have found a design I like, but need to know the PCD. I could simply look it up on the wiki.

There is one thing that i saw on the i phone forum called reputation points for a member. Check out www.iphone-forum.org

Very good suggestion. If we could have something like Bombay tyre supplier will return threads with All three words in the post in any order. "Bombay tyre supplier" should search for entire phrase. I am not sure if current version of vbulletein supports it

One more suggestion from me is to have an official birthday thread(sticky) so that members can wish the other t bhpians instead of crowding the shifting gears thread

Bumper Stickers of Team - BHP...!

Recently I got two messages from the moderators on my posts
1) Use less smilies.
2) Needn't quote the whole message.

And i felt, "what if i didn't read my previous post?"
Then simply i'd not know and still be quoting long messages and using lots of smilies.

Could the moderators try and PM in such a case. I know it'd be a little more effort to perform... but maybe it'l help improve Tbhp forum decorum.

Other than great work guys.clap: clap: (i'm allowed 2 smilies per post)

GTO, i think T-BHP can come up with somethin really awesum stuff. Like, u can have a paint n graphic shop game come flash programme, wer members can paint their rides in watever ways they want n njoy, n evn take a print out and probbly do it in reality. Trial n error n on the net . then get the right paint scheme for ur car/bike and then paint it for real.

I have a suggestion for awarding status to a member.

Can the software use the duration that an user was accessing the site and compute the status. If a senior Bhpian doesn't login for few weeks, his status will be dropped to Bhpian or to Silent member. Also their BHP garage can be disabled.

I am accessing this site for 2 years on 24/7 basis, read every other post but posted only 500 valid posts. Long way before i reach a senior bhpian status. Am i jelous? Could be......;)

I am seeing ppl get angry in most cases while discussing and forget the basics,try to find a solution for this else one day the mood and glory of our forum will go down for sure.Why I tell u this bcoz I seldom run a forum having 400 members and having very strict rules and regulations.No offence but just to draw your kind attentions on this.I have seen mods active in closing topics/closing polls etc.. but I want them to see in actions and setting up some strict rules for community.this will help all of us in a long run.Think on this please.Above all we must learn how to talk and behave,some basic things one must remember while repling in forum.

I have a small suggestion along the lines that Satish suggested.

Every member who doesnt make it to Goa should be made Newbie all over again.

ECM, we do try to maintain as much calm as possible on the forum. If a discussion does get out of hand, we close / delete the thread. Generally, we issue a warning and let members off. If someone keeps playing mischief, we ban him / her. Keeping cool is up to the members and all we can do is appeal to everyone to maintain peace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECM
I am seeing ppl get angry in most cases while discussing and forget the basics,try to find a solution for this else one day the mood and glory of our forum will go down for sure.Why I tell u this bcoz I seldom run a forum having 400 members and having very strict rules and regulations.No offence but just to draw your kind attentions on this.I have seen mods active in closing topics/closing polls etc.. but I want them to see in actions and setting up some strict rules for community.this will help all of us in a long run.Think on this please.Above all we must learn how to talk and behave,some basic things one must remember while repling in forum.

I think this is one are where T-BHP actually excels. I am myself the administrator of a student community forum (dcetechhaving 3935 Forum Members!!).. and i admit that my mod team hasnt been able to control the occasional rude behaviour as effectively as we would have liked. Infact, i learnt a lot of things from here, like giving warning to members, increasing the warning level(i dont think we have that feature here).. and so on...

I have been here since the past 2 years, and i have seen many members banned.. and banned for some very valid reasons. Even i have got a warning or two when i have unknowingly violated a rule or two. I think the mods are doing a fine job in this regard, and there is no immediate reason to worry.

Quote:

Could the moderators try and PM in such a case. I know it'd be a little more effort to perform... but maybe it'l help improve Tbhp forum decorum.
Accepted. There is a lot of sense in that. We have made it a habit to PM as well as edit the post.

@SpeedingAngel : Interesting suggestion. But we would like to focus on the community only. And on our wealth of information. I am sure there are a lot of other links that would provide what you are looking for.

@ Satish : We are evaluating various membership upgrades since long. However, implementation should take place only around Diwali. There are many pros and cons that are to be discussed. Your input has been taken into consideration.

ECM : Some are of the opinion that our rules are too stringent, but I really have not seen any argument against any of the rules in question. Based on feedback from a majority of the memberbase, I can confidently say that we are happy with the current rules and implementation status.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid

That would take away from this being an Internet forum. Your suggestion could be modified to "Every member who voted yes for the Goa Meet and doesn't make it should be made Newbie all over again".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid

Me a Newbie! Wow! When? I'd like to start all over again!