Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2006, 14:41   #331
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Here's one.. in the POLL's, don't let people VIEW the poll before they vote.. that way your making sure that the person's vote is not based on the number of people that have already voted.
i doubt one can vote after looking at the poll progress.

manson.
Old 25th September 2006, 00:52   #332
BHPian

Okay one thing that i feel can be added for the "What Car?" thread is a quick poll... The guy (even if a newbie) should be allowed to list his shortlisted cars and people here can vote on it... Atleast it can give a clear picture as to in what direction the number of posts is going to, in that thread...

Last edited by ess_a : 25th September 2006 at 00:54.
Old 25th September 2006, 09:49   #333
GTO
Team-BHP Support

We did have a time when everyone was allowed to create polls. But the end result was a nightmare.

Please keep the suggestions coming. But with relevance to the rules, please do understand that they have been implemented only after a lot of thought and consideration. When Team-BHP was in its infancy, there were literally no rules. But with growth came the need for some discipline.

Thanks
Old 27th September 2006, 15:04   #334
Senior - BHPian

I was not able to find the reply/quote button and the avatars in Mozilla fire fax version 1.5.0.7. Is TBHP not compatible to this version? even not working with latest mozilla version.

For me it works only with IE (latest one). but for me it sucks most of the time
Old 27th September 2006, 16:24   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
I was not able to find the reply/quote button and the avatars in Mozilla fire fax version 1.5.0.7. Is TBHP not compatible to this version? even not working with latest mozilla version.

I use firefox 1.5.0.7 and I do not have the problem you have mentioned. Check your browser config again.
Old 27th September 2006, 16:34   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Impossible. I have no trouble with this on Safari and on Firefox 1.5.0.7. I have to agree with steeroid. It's probably a setting thing.
Old 27th September 2006, 16:35   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
We did have a time when everyone was allowed to create polls. But the end result was a nightmare.

Please keep the suggestions coming. But with relevance to the rules, please do understand that they have been implemented only after a lot of thought and consideration. When Team-BHP was in its infancy, there were literally no rules. But with growth came the need for some discipline.

Thanks
No no no... I meant the mods could take a poll on the member's behalf... See there are really so many replies to a what car query, that one cannot actually calculate how many people are recommending what car... If the guy has already shorlisted a few cars, a poll can immediately tell him what percentage of people are supporting which car... He can have an easy result in front of him...
P.S.- This can work only if the guy has clearly mentioned all his requirements AND has got all the cars (with their respective models) enlisted...

Quote:

I second steeroid... me using the firefox since ages.... no trouble...
Old 29th September 2006, 05:04   #338
BANNED

What is the norm to become a Distinguished - BHPian ?

I've seen a large number of people with more than 1000 posts to their credit as Distinguished - BHPians, but also some people who are having less than 250 posts as Distinguished - BHPians. Although I know that it is quality than quantity that counts in the longer run...

Are they the folks who have done any offline help for the growth of T-BHP...
Old 29th September 2006, 09:38   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
What is the norm to become a Distinguished - BHPian ?

I've seen a large number of people with more than 1000 posts to their credit as Distinguished - BHPians, but also some people who are having less than 250 posts as Distinguished - BHPians. Although I know that it is quality than quantity that counts in the longer run...[/b]
Large number of D-BHPians, are you sure? The number of D-BHPians are less than 10, in fact moderators out number them by two times.

The D-BHPian are people who have done outstanding contributions to the fourm through their posts, not by quantity, but in quality. The post counts don't matter, these are people who have gained enormous respect, credibility and trust among forum members and moderators alike. Check this.

The number of D-BHPians will remain very small to keep it meaningful, every DBHPian promotion is debated to eternity by the mods.
Old 7th October 2006, 15:17   #340
Senior - BHPian

didnt know wher to post this..

Why am I seeing "transferring data from www.google-analysts.com" when I browse TBHP on my status bar?
Old 7th October 2006, 15:59   #341
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoops, what browser do you see that on? We use the Google analytics code to analyse traffic etc. on Team-BHP.
Old 7th October 2006, 16:39   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
didnt know wher to post this..

Why am I seeing "transferring data from www.google-analysts.com" when I browse TBHP on my status bar?

I'm also getting the same thing....

I use Mozilla Firefox 1.05
Old 7th October 2006, 17:48   #343
BANNED

Hey,

I am getting the same thing. Am also using Mozilla.

Viper
Old 7th October 2006, 18:12   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
"transferring data from www.google-analysts.com" when I browse TBHP on my status bar?
Well even i'm getting "www.google-analyitcs.com".... And mozilla again...
Old 7th October 2006, 18:27   #345
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Me.. too.... using ie 7 ... and Opera
and it also gives a feeling that its slowing up things.... coz it waits there for a while..... though nevermind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks