Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2006, 00:16   #361
Senior - BHPian

Team bhp should either increase the time-limit for editing posts or provide an option where a member can delete his post since sometimes posts are made on the spur of the moment and when the person takes a second look after a day or two feels that he should not have made that post after all.
Old 22nd October 2006, 08:04   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Rahul, this has been previously discussed on this thread. One such post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/213029-post209.html
Old 22nd October 2006, 18:01   #363
Senior - BHPian

hey
i dunno if this has been brought up before but can we have a tbhp help section where we can post car problems. currently this doesnt really fit into any of the sections

PS thanks for putting in a vintage car section
Old 22nd October 2006, 21:15   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Khanak, search in the relevant sections with the keywords of the problem you are facing. It has possibly been discussed earlier.

If you dont find enough information, start a thread in the relevant section. Or, if possible, continue in the thread that's discusses your problem most closely.
Old 22nd October 2006, 21:45   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Khanak, search in the relevant sections with the keywords of the problem you are facing. It has possibly been discussed earlier.

If you dont find enough information, start a thread in the relevant section. Or, if possible, continue in the thread that's discusses your problem most closely.
thanks a lot for tht bro!

i dont have any problem though. just a suggestion.

Last edited by khanak : 22nd October 2006 at 21:47.
Old 23rd October 2006, 11:53   #366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Team bhp should either increase the time-limit for editing posts or provide an option where a member can delete his post since sometimes posts are made on the spur of the moment and when the person takes a second look after a day or two feels that he should not have made that post after all.
Hey Rahul_intlad,

Well as they say, read twice, post once. (actually - measure twice, cut once....but im sure you get what i am saying).

As condor mentioned, and provided a link for, we think the 20minute edit rule is appropriate at the moment...

Khanak, at the moment most troubleshooting threads are raised in the "Technical Stuff" section......but the thought of having a "Troubleshooting" section has crossed my mind as well......will bring it up on the support forum.

cya
R
Old 23rd October 2006, 15:21   #367
rks
BANNED

I would like to suggest a mobile-friendly T-BHP website, with minimum or no graphics. I believe there is a mobile version, but there is no link for "Today's posts" in that site (I tried this some time back, so aplogies if there has been any update). As of now I am loading the standard "Today's posts" link with all kinds of graphics, etc. Many times my mobile fails to load it and just exits from the internet connection altogether (I have a Nokia 6670 with Airtel GPRS connection).
Old 23rd October 2006, 17:49   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
I would like to suggest a mobile-friendly T-BHP website, with minimum or no graphics. I believe there is a mobile version, but there is no link for "Today's posts" in that site (I tried this some time back, so aplogies if there has been any update). As of now I am loading the standard "Today's posts" link with all kinds of graphics, etc. Many times my mobile fails to load it and just exits from the internet connection altogether (I have a Nokia 6670 with Airtel GPRS connection).
Kindly take a look at this post

The best thing about Opera Mini is that you can select not to show images.

Last edited by adya33 : 23rd October 2006 at 17:50.
Old 26th October 2006, 22:40   #369
Senior - BHPian

hey
tidzterdesign had a complain.....

Quote:
all my posts and threads have been deleted and all my new posts and threads are oly visible to me no one else
can someone help this kid out pls

Cheers
Adhish
Old 26th October 2006, 22:47   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
The best thing about Opera Mini is that you can select not to show images.
You can do that on Pocket IE too...or on Minimo, Mozilla's PDA version.
Old 28th October 2006, 00:32   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
hey
tidzterdesign had a complain.....

can someone help this kid out pls

Cheers
Adhish
can someone please help out
Old 28th October 2006, 10:34   #372
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Khanak

We really cant figure out this problem. I have checked and it appears to be the users computer at fault.

Please PM me to take this further.
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:02   #373
Senior - BHPian

At team-bhp a number of bhpians [would not like to take names] some even may have been nearly senior-bhpians have been permanently banned.Would it be possible to indicate in the banned person's profile the reason why he was banned[does not have to be a detailed explanation]something which would help present members also,so that they can stay away from those violations.

Is there any leniency shown while banning a person altogether from team-bhp,its a big loss staying being kept away from this community.

Ps: Hope everyone [including the mods] take this post in the right sense and the post was not meant to offend anyone.
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:45   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Rahul, your question has been raised many times before and this topic has been beaten to a pulp.

You will find a better insight on this thread, which in a way pertains to your question.

Baaki, the reason for banning is not required to be public knowledge. We simply have to trust the judgement of the mods and understand that Banning is definitely the last option.

And I assure you, if you read the rules properly and adhere to them, you will never get banned, or even warned
Old 2nd November 2006, 14:40   #375
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rahul

I will quote Rehaans post no.104 from this thread itself. It explains the situation best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
I just want to remind you guys about the way it works -

First, when the mod team notices a member who is not in line with the way TBHP is supposed to work, they are watched closely for the next few days, or next step right away if they are really terrible (we have had a few of these, but they are wiped off within the hour so most members wouldn't know.)

The "report bad post" feature also plays an important part in alerting the mods to the posts that other members feel are not in line with TBHP's posting standards. (however please use this feature only for posts that need to be URGENTLY edited/deleted since when this feature is used an email is sent to all 9 moderators)

After the new member gets used to the forum, if they still dont settle down into the standards quite clearly set by TBHP, they are given a warning, stating why their actions are not within tolerance, and what should be done to change that.
A series of warnings may continue over time depending on how the member's habits change (or not) after the warnings.

If there is no satisfactory improvement in the member's behavior, the moderation team (comprising of 9 people) takes a joint decision, and as soon as a majority is reached, the action of banning the member is carried out.

A lot of thought and consideration goes into decisions like these, and almost all the time the member base does not get to see the interactions and warnings between the members in question and the moderators, not to mention the posts that are edited or deleted in order to keep this forum's quality level. Based on that i personally feel that its not possible for most members to truly judge when it comes to matters like these.

We would rather have 400 members and a top quality forum than 410 members and a rubbish forum. (however those 10 members are more than welcome to just read.)

I hope this clarifies things.
cya
R

Most Viewed