Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2006, 11:52   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Right click your mouse and choose "Open in new window".
Iam aware of this. But invariably I end up clicking the photos in hurry. If its just me, It's my problem or Iam very enthusiastic in viewing the picture. Thanks GTO,
Old 5th August 2006, 18:12   #287
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Photoshop Thread

Mods can we Have the "Photoshop" Thread in Shifting Gears as a sub-forum,
where we can create new threads.
As all the works are getting mixed up and most of the time people dont see every page..
So is it possible that we can create a thread for a particular photoshop work.
Will it cause any problems to any members or to Team bhp site???
If yes leave it as it is..

I am really happy with the work you do!!
I dont want to change anything but had this suggestion in my mind for a long time.....
Old 6th August 2006, 12:16   #288
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi

We are extremely selective in introducing newer forum sections, as they only confuse the end-user further. As things stand, we dont see the need for a dedicated section to photoshop threads.
Old 6th August 2006, 12:30   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
Hye Moderators,

Can we have a Home Audio Topic... Wud be grt to get soem insight from music lovers..I know this is Team "BHP"..but Home audio is a natural extension of car audio....

Cheers..
dude, there are threads for it. "search"
Old 18th August 2006, 00:29   #290
Senior - BHPian

i dont know if this has been said before but since i dont have the time or energy to go through this whole thread im going to post it below. The ice section in t-bhp is reall in a wrong place,i mean..modifications and accessories---->under the hood---->in car entertainment. Ice is in car and not under the hood.thanks,binz
Old 18th August 2006, 05:56   #291
BANNED

Remove the editing time limit of 20 mins, so that poster may be able to edit his post even after a year. There may be cases when the poster finds out that what he has posted in the past was inappropriate.

Also extend the freedom to delete the posts at a later stage.
These two features will help in more self regulation...

The option of deleting/editing the posts is present in most of the forums, so it should be extended to Team-BHP members also.
Old 18th August 2006, 09:18   #292

I would prefer to be taken to 'New Posts' page rather than 'Forums' page after I login. More often than not, I am intrested in finding out what new topics/posts have been added by team-bhpians irrespective of which forum category these topics belong to (can't we have something like 'User preferences' where user can specify which page he/she wants to see first after login?).
Old 18th August 2006, 09:51   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asad7874
I would prefer to be taken to 'New Posts' page rather than 'Forums' page after I login. More often than not, I am intrested in finding out what new topics/posts have been added by team-bhpians irrespective of which forum category these topics belong to (can't we have something like 'User preferences' where user can specify which page he/she wants to see first after login?).
Hey asad7874,

You can add following link to you bookmarks so that every time you will be taken to new posts
Link = http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew

Another option is to use RSS feed.
You can find more information about it in FAQ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/faq.ph...ss_syndication

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
Remove the editing time limit of 20 mins, so that poster may be able to edit his post even after a year. There may be cases when the poster finds out that what he has posted in the past was inappropriate.
This has been already addressed here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/213029-post209.html

Last edited by adya33 : 18th August 2006 at 09:56.
Old 18th August 2006, 09:55   #294
BHPian

Hey mods i have a question for u.... How does one get elevated from being a newbie to a BHPian to a SeniorBHPian???
Old 18th August 2006, 09:59   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a
Hey mods i have a question for u.... How does one get elevated from being a newbie to a BHPian to a SeniorBHPian???
Answer to this question can be found in New Membership levels thread in Announcement Section
Old 18th August 2006, 10:08   #296
BHPian

Thanx man!!! But how does one differentiate between active participation and spamming???
Old 18th August 2006, 10:14   #297
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The ice section in t-bhp is reall in a wrong place,i mean..modifications and accessories---->under the hood---->in car entertainment. Ice is in car and not under the hood.thanks,binz
Under the Hood is not meant to be taken literally. It more implies things to do with the car in terms of technical stuff or modifying / accessorising it. ICE is surely a part of accessorising.

Quote:
Thanx man!!! But how does one differentiate between active participation and spamming???
Leave that to the moderator team. There are several members who have been banned due to spamming. Of course, after repeated warnings.

Thanks Adya33 for taking care of the rest.
Old 18th August 2006, 10:43   #298
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
Guys,

Wondering if we have / can have a car pool thread. I was stuck in traffic today for more than 30 mins and noticed that most cars around me had only 1 person in it. Imagine the amount of reduced traffic in Mumbai, if we could all help in car pooling.

I would suggest to have a Car Pool thread by Region / Route taken / arrival, departure time.

Any other ideas - pls suggest.
Hey this is a damn good idea. It would definitely be more fun/convenient/cheap/eco-friendly/civic sensible to car pool with other bhpians.

If not a sub forum, let's at least start a thread where people can hook up and coordinate with each other.

Last edited by Boom Shiva : 18th August 2006 at 10:45.
Old 18th August 2006, 21:38   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Time limit for edit-ability of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
This has been already addressed here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/213029-post209.html
A note regarding extending the time period for edit-ability of posts, and the logic against that [as mentioned in the above link]: I think the 20 minute limit is fine - I have found a pair of contradicting statements by - a mod! .. different threads, but the contradiction is there.

Guess, the logic against being able to delete threads would be the same.

One suggestion regarding posts for market place: can we have a better format for title of threads in the market place? I would like the title of the thread to be in a more descriptive format, like:
"City - For Sale/Wanted - Item".
Item may be with or without a category. This helps add clarity to the posts.

Threads in the Market Place can use a time-limit for validity, or the author can have rights to delete their own threads once the sale has been completed.

Extending the suggestion regarding descriptive thread titles, it would be good if TBHP-ians can be more expressive with their thread titles, instead of saying something like 'Help wanted'. It helps to get a better idea about the contents of the thread by looking at the title, instead of something that leaves one clue-less

Last edited by condor : 18th August 2006 at 21:48.
Old 19th August 2006, 09:57   #300
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I agree, Condor. It would be a huge boost if members post better descriptions in thread titles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks