Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 11:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The english forms were out of stock whenever I went to the BBMP office. A BBMP person would be there who charges Rs.100 for giving assistance to fill Kannada forms. He makes good business and I think it is a ploy to make money.
I think it is mostly the agents or 'touts' (for lack of a better word) who charge money for assistance. I have seen some of them in a couple of help centers.

One suggestion is that you can go visit the help centers before the deadline rush starts. The officers there will not be very busy and they will help you fill the form. No need to pay anything to them except for the tax amount. I have experienced this while paying for the previous year (08-09).

This year, did not face any problem. Logged into their site, enter the previous year's application no and voila!! you get the details on how much is to be paid. Paid with my card and it is done now. Finished within 5 mins.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The english forms were out of stock whenever I went to the BBMP office. A BBMP person would be there who charges Rs.100 for giving assistance to fill Kannada forms. He makes good business and I think it is a ploy to make money.
phew!

I am glad with online payment, technology is slowly shutting down such illegal avenues.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yup PatienceWins that true last year I also payed a handsome amount to get my Khata papers & tax done for the first time.
But the tax property details of the property are not available online.

I know nothing works without greasing the palms of BBMP officials.

I suggest you go to the nearest BBMP tax collection outlet & pay your taxes as last year. There is no change in the tax amount. Pay by this 31st to avail 5 % discount.

The application form is quite simple and is available at a cost of Rs. 5/- , note keep Rs 5 change handy.
Since the form is in English & Kannada there was no problem filling it.
While filling the form keep handy the following details
1. PID number
2. SAS Number
3. Property Address
4. Tax amount details – Keep previous tax receipt handy for reference.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:51   #19
BHPian

Privacy Compromised

This site has a major drawback as title of this post indicates.
Old 9th August 2009, 13:38   #20
BHPian

The site asks one to enter the SAS Application number or the PID. What is PID? I see a 5 digit receipt number on last years receipt. But when I try to enter this, it comes back with an error that says there is no such application number. What am I looking for on the receipt and where?
Old 9th August 2009, 13:43   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
The site asks one to enter the SAS Application number or the PID. What is PID? I see a 5 digit receipt number on last years receipt. But when I try to enter this, it comes back with an error that says there is no such application number. What am I looking for on the receipt and where?
Top left hand corner is a 5-6 digit no. Plug it in. It will say something that nothingcan be found but you will find the ward details published. Click on the details and the details pop up
Old 10th August 2009, 13:19   #22
BHPian

I tried to pay the tax onilne after succesfully retrieving the information by entering the last year's application number. But the transaction failed at the payment gateway! And thought better not to try the luck again and decided to visit the BBMP contact center. For me, it is a boon that the contact center is just next to my apartment.
Old 27th August 2009, 18:24   #23
BHPian

I was typing in the wrong number. The receipt is a pink colored one. Brilliant effort from BBMP. I had difficulty printing the receipt and I used the email id to ask for help. Guess what - they actually called me and helped me print the receipt!
Old 27th August 2009, 18:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Guess what - they actually called me and helped me print the receipt!
+1. Good to know. Would have never expected that from BBMP.
Old 28th August 2009, 09:47   #25
BHPian

OK.. now I have another problem. Anyone printed the receipt using the reprint option? It only prints a blank page because the receipt is inside a 'frame'. I tried converting it to a pdf bu that too comes out blank... any ideas?
Old 28th August 2009, 11:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreddy View Post
This site has a major drawback as title of this post indicates.
Care to elaborate, how does it compromise privacy?
Old 28th August 2009, 11:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
OK.. now I have another problem. Anyone printed the receipt using the reprint option? It only prints a blank page because the receipt is inside a 'frame'. I tried converting it to a pdf bu that too comes out blank... any ideas?
Happened to me. Take a screen shot (PrtSc), then paste (Ctrl+V) it in MSPaint. Save the file ans jped/bmp whatever and then take the print out.

Just make sure that your screenshot has the required information.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Care to elaborate, how does it compromise privacy?

I dont want to elaborate this on a public forum like Team-BHP. There is a section in the site where you can see list of last years tax payers and non tax payers. This will download an entire file for every ward in pdf format which will list all tax payers details with name, address , tax paid amount.

It should not allow access to others.
Old 28th August 2009, 17:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Dealing with BBMP has been one of the best experiences we have had with a govt (or even private) agency.

For Khata transfer the guys were very helpful, did not take a single penny but gave all their support.

For paying property tax, we went to the nearest BBMP office. The person we bought the house from hadnt paid his tax last year as well so we had to pick that up as well.

The lady there did not have a form in english for last year so gave a form in Kannada for last year and english this year. She asked us to come the next day as they were closing for the day and said that they will help us fill the Kannada form.
I had heard various money making stories with this regard (giving forms in kannada and charging to get them filled ) so was a little skeptical.

Anyways got busy so couldnt go for a few days. Went today and asked for help to get the form filled. The lady says dont worry i have the forms in english now, and gave us the form. Then helped us fill the form wherever we had confusions.

All done in 15-20 mins. Not a penny charged extra.

Great job BBMP.
Old 28th August 2009, 18:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreddy View Post
I dont want to elaborate this on a public forum like Team-BHP. There is a section in the site where you can see list of last years tax payers and non tax payers. This will download an entire file for every ward in pdf format which will list all tax payers details with name, address , tax paid amount.

It should not allow access to others.
If this is true, it is absurd. Somehow, privacy is treated with utter disdain in our country :(.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks