Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 18:07   #31
J.Ravi

Online Payment of BBMP Property Tax

It is time for payment of property tax of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike [BBMP] for the year 2010-11. The early birds get a rebate of 5%, if full payment for the entire year is made on or before 30 April 2010.

BBMP had introduced online payment of property tax last year itself. But, I always pay it at the BBMP office and obtain the hand-written receipt then and there to be on the safer saide.

This year, I wanted to try the online payment system of BBMP, managed through IDBI Bank. This year, BBMP has made it mandatory that we mention the application numbers of previous years 2008-09 and 2009-10 in this year's application [2010-11] so as to ensure that there is no avoidance of payment of tax for the last two years.

First I tried my home. When I filled in the property ID, the system automatically filled in the application number of 2008-09 and showed the property details. Fine. I click 'continue'. Then I see the message which says that tax for 2009-10 not updated! Last year, I had paid full tax well before the last date and enjoyed the 5% rebate. Because of non-updating of the tax details for 2009-10, I cannot proceed further.

Then, I thought let me try my daughter's vacant site. When I filled in the details, it automatically filled in 2008-09 and 2009-10 [thank god] and took me to the payment gateway of IDBI Bank. I was at liberty to use either a debit card or credit card. So, I selected my credit card, filled in the mandatory fields, I was taken to Verified by Visa 3D security portal, filled in the VbV password, then the anxious wait started. After a few seconds, I saw this message: The Transaction Failed!

Then, I tried my another daughter's vacant site. As the saying goes, history repeated itself!

I do not understand as to why BBMP announces deadlines with such clumsy preparations for online payment. I learnt that the blank applications are not yet available at the BBMP office in our area.

The deadline of 30 April 2010 is fast approaching. Here is the case, even if I want to pay my tax, BBMP is not ready to accept it! I think, I have to follow the time-tested method of paying at BBMP office only.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 15th April 2010 at 18:13.

Old 15th April 2010, 18:13   #32
BANNED

Thats bad! i was lucky in that case then. I have paid my 2009-10 tax way too late with 500 bucks penalty and 2010-11 with 5% rebate. Not bad huh, BBMP accepts credit cards too
Old 15th April 2010, 20:37   #33
BHPian

I paid online last year, but after the rebate date got over. This year, I decided that let me be the early bird and avail the rebate. Went through the whole process but as J.Ravi has said above, I went through the complete process, and then it said "Transaction Failed". Next day I read in the newspaper that since the BBMP elections just got over, they are still in a limbo, and hence they don't even have the forms available. So I get a feeling that this is not because of some error, but by some design. So now, its wait and watch.
Old 15th April 2010, 22:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

I guess I was lucky compared to you guys. I paid the property tax online this year did not face any issue at all. I completed 3 transactions within a few mins. I just have to take the printouts now.

@Ravi, I have a spare form in case you want it.

btw, there is already a separate thread related to this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...nt-online.html

Mods, please merge the threads
Old 15th April 2010, 22:26   #35
J.Ravi

addyhemmige,

When did you do the online transaction? Today? I thought of trying once again, but then, I wanted to wait for a day or two to see if the amount has already been charged to my credit card!

Moderator: Sorry, I didn't know about the existence of another thread on the same subject. But, before opening this thread, I did a search but it did not show any results.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 15th April 2010 at 22:28.

Old 16th April 2010, 06:48   #36
BHPian

That transaction failed error comes because of incompatible Browser. The samrt *** who wrote the code checks for IE 7 only!.

For me also, it failed, same error, same place. First time I was using IE6, next time it was firefox. Finally I installed IE7 and transaction went off like a breeze.

Good thing was that I was not charged for any of the failed transactions.

Last year, for one of my friend, transaction failed multiple times and each time he was charged from his debit card(he realized it late that he is getting charged for failed transactions). He wrote an email to the address provided on the website siting his application numbers. Within 30 mins he got a reply confirming his multiple transactions and within 1 week he got his monwy back. Without any follow up!

So, go ahead, first install IE7 and then give it a try. Use CC to be on the safe side.

Regards,
Old 16th April 2010, 07:08   #37
BHPian

I managed to pay my property tax for 2009-10 and 2010-11 using BBMP online tax payment system last week. I moved out of Bangalore during last March after paying the 2008-09 tax and didn't even know that there was a 2009-10 tax collection.

I used IE 8 for making these transactions assuming the backward compatibility and it worked perfectly. This is a good move by BBMP - atleast for those who do not reside in Bangalore, but own a property out there.
Old 16th April 2010, 10:03   #38
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
I just paid

I just paid online and the transaction was smooth. Make sure you have IE7 and Acrobat 9 installed. They do give a warning upfront for it.

Last year, i ignored it and couldnt print the reciept. So had to keep a copy of the bank transaction details in case of any discrepency. However, it showed last year details cleanly this time.
Old 16th April 2010, 10:12   #39
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot for kind suggestions, santhosh_lv, v-drive, addyhemmige, amohit, ece2k2 and m8002?.

My laptop is loaded with Windows7, IE8 and Adobe Reader9. That's why I ventured to pay the tax online. Anyway, I will try once again.

Old 16th April 2010, 10:16   #40
BHPian

I recently purchased a property and need to pay the property tax . Can someone kindly let me know as to where can i get to see the property ID. Which of the documents can this be found?
Old 16th April 2010, 10:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
addyhemmige,

When did you do the online transaction? Today? I thought of trying once again, but then, I wanted to wait for a day or two to see if the amount has already been charged to my credit card!
I did it on the 14th. Actually, my first transaction was on the Firefox browser. The transaction did take place without any problem, but I could not take the printout. Then I tried to reprint the receipt on IE and it worked.

@Rotorhead, you should be able to find the PID on the previous year's tax receipts

Last edited by addyhemmige : 16th April 2010 at 10:31.
Old 16th April 2010, 10:26   #42
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I recently purchased a property and need to pay the property tax . Can someone kindly let me know as to where can i get to see the property ID. Which of the documents can this be found?
First the property has to be transferred to your name, and then, assessed for property tax. In case of BBMP, you can avail of self-assessment scheme [SAS]. SAS details and documents are available in their website:

Welcome to Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th April 2010 at 10:29.

Old 16th April 2010, 11:23   #43
J.Ravi

My online transactions completed successfully!

Just now, I successfully completed three online transactions using my credit card. Three tax receipts were also printed successfully.

Perhaps, there was some bug lurking somewhere last evening. Good initiative, BBMP.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th April 2010 at 11:32.

Old 18th April 2010, 15:09   #44
BHPian

My dad paid the tax last year at the counter. This time, I told him to do it online. When I tried to pay his tax, it gave us a message saying that the tax for 2009/10 was not paid

Any ideas?
Old 18th April 2010, 15:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

Friends from HSR / Bommanahalli, any idea whether property tax forms for HSR layout are available in Bommanahalli, or in HSR itself (at the HSR park near BDA complex) ? Last year I had to run from Bommanahalli back to HSR for this. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks