Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2010, 18:07   #46
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
My dad paid the tax last year at the counter. This time, I told him to do it online. When I tried to pay his tax, it gave us a message saying that the tax for 2009/10 was not paid

Any ideas?
Even in my case, it showed similar message and I could not proceed further. It is due to non-updating of the previous year's data. When I raised this with the concerned Revenue Inspector, he was clueless. So, I paid the tax at BBMP office. So, go to BBMP office, get the appropriate form costing Rs 5, fill it up, submit it along with the cheque and get the acknowledgement and hand-written receipt on the spot. No other way.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 18th April 2010 at 18:11.

Old 20th April 2010, 09:34   #47
BHPian

Can anyone know the steps to get rid of transaction failed error?

I have tried almost 10 times now, tried with specific IE7 on Windows XP, tried from both office and home but everytime getting transaction failed error.

I can't go to any BBMP office as I am in Delhi, so guys please let me know your suggestion to successfully complete the transaction.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:36   #48
BHPian

Does anyone know why neither of the telephone numbers mentioned on the website is out of order. I haven't received any reply to an email sent either. Any other way to contact BBMP (other than mytimesmyvoice ie
Old 20th April 2010, 13:36   #49
BHPian

Trying my luck with contacts from this site Contact us
Old 20th April 2010, 14:08   #50
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
I have tried almost 10 times now, tried with specific IE7 on Windows XP, tried from both office and home but everytime getting transaction failed error.
It happened to me also [15 April 2010 evening]. Then, I tried the next day, all my three transactions were successful.

Old 21st April 2010, 10:46   #51
BHPian

I paid my property tax online and it went off fine.
I have downloaded the Form IV also.
Is the process of paying tax complete?
Is there anything else to be done?
Do i take hard copy of the downloaded Form IV to BBMP help centre and get their seal affixed or something? Would that be what is meant by "filing returns"??
Old 21st April 2010, 10:57   #52
J.Ravi

WindRide,

Please take a print of tax receipt and keep it your file. The tax receipt contains all the details including your Form IV application number. There is no need to visit BBMP office. 'Filing returns' means submission of Form IV either online or in person.

Old 21st April 2010, 12:19   #53
BHPian

@J.Ravi - Thanks very much. I just don't feel comfortable holding a govt. paper without numerous seals and signatures on it, thats all!!
Old 26th April 2010, 18:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

I paid the tax just now, and it was a smooth experience. I need to take a printout in the office tomorrow, as I do not have a printer at home. I have OpenSolaris on my laptop. I used Firefox to pay, and it went smooth.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

I have paid the 2008-9 taxes through an agent and he goofed up, the tax paid shows some other PID number in the on-line system.

In 2009-10 taxes were paid referring to the correct PID & I pointed out the mistake to the BBMP official, however he said “you have to go to dispensary road BBMP office to rectify the mistake”. I went there but the officials said that every thing is correctly mentioned in there system, no need for any correction.” I am not good at Kannada hence was at a big disadvantage while dealing with them. I felt that staff was quite averse to on-line system and they simply said it does not work properly.

Last week end I went and paid the 2010-11 manually, yet to receive the receipt. Hope next year I will be able to pay taxes online.

Guys I am quite skeptical about that, any clue how do I get my tax database corrected in the online system?
Old 26th April 2010, 19:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

If there are any discrepancies in your previous years' tax records, better visit the BBMP zonal office (of your area) and get it sorted immediately lest it creates problems for the future.

It is true that the staff manning the computers are not very enthusiastic about using the computers in their job. Last year when I went to pay in Rajajinagar, they simply said the computer was not working and were issuing hand written receipts.

If you have paid tax for the year 2010-11, then I guess you have sorted out all discrepancies of the earlier years'. But, I'm surprised that you still haven't got the receipt. You should get it as soon as you pay. Please collect it as soon as possible. Do not leave your receipts in hands of others.

The online tax collection system is still new and so, it is prone to errors. I hope BBMP will try to implement it better ASAP. In my case, I guess I was lucky enough not to have any failed transaction.
Old 29th April 2010, 08:51   #57
J.Ravi

Here is the BBMP ad appeared in today's The Times of India intimating the last date for availing of 5% rebate in property tax if paid in full.
Property Tax discussion-bbmp.png
Bangalore residents still face problems in Bangalore One centres for the payment of property tax, as reported in today's Deccan Herald.
Property Tax discussion-taxing-time.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 29th April 2010 at 08:54.

Old 29th April 2010, 11:59   #58
BHPian

There are some issues with Online Payment. Last year I had issue with online transaction getting failed. Then, I called up the BBMP center and verified. They confirmed that they have received the payment. However, last year by default the property column had "VACANT LAND" checked. And, i did not observe this.
Called them up to update the records to "RESIDENTIAL".

This year the payment went smooth with the receipt. But, they have not updated the records yet. Have to visit sometime this week.
Old 30th April 2010, 09:19   #59
J.Ravi

BBMP to extend the last date for payment of property tax with rebate

BBMP is likely to extend the last date for payment of property tax with 5% rebate by 15 to 30 days, according to this report in today's Deccan Herald:
Attached Images

Old 19th May 2010, 22:33   #60
BHPian

Hi,

I paid BBMP tax online. I had to try 3 times as firt 2 attempts failed in the last step. (Server not reachable kind of error, do not remember it correctly). I had used my Standard Chartered card for this. The last month's statement shows 3 transactions made! Later I could download reciepts for all 3 payments made. Can some one suggest what best I could do to deal with this. What could be my options in this case? I am bit confused now.
TIA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks